Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Last Thursday, finally picked up my long awaited factory order. Like so many on here, went through the trials and tribulations of delays, chip shortages and uncertainties; however, have finally reached the end of this part of the journey. Thanks to all for suggestions and comments on this build. I finally decided on this one: The Porsche Code

Here's the final product:

Speedometer Trip computer Vehicle Car Steering part

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Land vehicle Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

A couple of early impressions:
1. Don't know if I am imagining it or not, but compared to my 18 S, the 21 GTS feels more solid. Could be newness but who knows?
2. Chiming in on the debate between Bose vs Burmester: Basically there is none. The Berm is a vastly superior audio system. If you are even a part-time audiophile, I'd highly recommend it (if you have the cash to spare).
3. The issue with not being able to advance tracks with CarPlay with the diamond button on the steering wheel is mildly annoying. However, I'm oddly impressed with the new PCM ecosystem and since I won't be really having to go on too many trips where I need Waze, been making due fine with the Porsche system.

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
The Apple NAV via CarPlay is much improved over earlier versions. It even gives WAZE like traffic updates and confirms your are on "best" route.

Reactions: JMRev2007

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice, you got PTV+. Many will tell you it can't be noticed but definitely can feel it in turnabouts and hard acceleration from stop when turning. Should help in Pennsylvania snow as well. Feel a little guilty I've had my '21 for 11 months now.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, you got PTV+. Many will tell you it can't be noticed but definitely can feel it in turnabouts and hard acceleration from stop when turning. Should help in Pennsylvania snow as well. Feel a little guilty I've had my '21 for 11 months now.
I too think you can feel PTV+ on the hard turns and curves. I did also get it for the lovely PA winters as others on the forum have said that it helps make it more of a beast in the snow.

Definteiy dont feel guilty. I could have had a Dec 2020 allocation but I balked at the deal. Also, really happy I stayed with ‘21:as I’m not a fan of the Haptic Touch controls in the ‘22s. It all worked out in the end!

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
Interesting you guys have such high praises for PTV+
Would you say having experienced a Macan with PTV+ now that moving forward it would be a deal breaker not to have it?
I had it in 3 out of 5 cars . It does out some wear on the brakes. Its nice to have but surely not a deal breaker . Its likely better suited for snow regions .

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting you guys have such high praises for PTV+
Would you say having experienced a Macan with PTV+ now that moving forward it would be a deal breaker not to have it?
Good question. I can probably give you a better response after a winter with PTV+. My 18 S didn't have it and it did pretty well with the snow. But so far the car feels much tighter on turns and hard curves.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Congratulations. Great build and car. I am happy to see you got the sport mirrors, colored gauges and ptv. all nice features to have and makes it specials for you. You have a very nice Macan,

Reactions: JMRev2007

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations. Great build and car. I am happy to see you got the sport mirrors, colored gauges and ptv. all nice features to have and makes it specials for you. You have a very nice Macan,
Thanks! I think the splashes of red gives the car character.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts