Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's where I'm at:

The Porsche Code

Debating Mamba Green or Volcano Grey, just worried the Mamba Green is a bit too bright. I've seen it in person, it would be fun, but I'm not sure I want to live with it for 10 years.

Also not sure on the ACC, probably not going to option it. I'd like PAS but have no interest in the radar cruise, have it on my Lexus and usually switch back to the regular cruise mode (which you can actually on the Lexus) since it doesn't really work with the flow of traffic on the highways around here.

Smoking Package will probably come up, but I'd prefer the cubby as I always find myself throwing things in my cup holders in other vehicles, so an extra spot would be handy.

Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
@SomeGuy I was with you on the Mamba Green thinking it was a wee bit too bright for me, but like you I went and I saw it in person and the color grew on me. I was thinking with my black interior if I get tired of the color in a few years I would just have it wrapped or repainted and all would be well with the world.

I had ACC in my old GTS and loved it. In my city the ACC had no problem keeping up with the flow of traffic and doing what it should do.

Do you know when you build code locks and you can’t make any changes.

Good luck with narrowing things down.

·
Registered
603 Posts
A few things that I hope will be helpful to you:

ACC: I am a HUGE fan of this and would not recommend deleting this from your build. I had this on my Base and one of the reasons why I ordered a new GTS vs buy a CPO GTS was that I had trouble finding many options with ACC in colors/options that I liked.

MAMBA vs VOLCANO: the person for you to talk to (or, at least watch and listen to) is Nick Murray (search for his YouTube channel). Nick's YouTube videos on Porsches are great.....but in your case they are PARTICULARLY relevant: he bought a 2019 S in Volcano and traded it within about 6 months for Mamba. He has a couple of videos on his channel that specifically discuss this. Watch them- they are as entertaining as they are informative.

Reactions: SomeGuy

·
Registered
566 Posts
@SomeGuy, very nice build!
Your build has all the main options that make Macan such a joy to drive.
Now, to make it a bit better if you have snow in winter I suggest to get Heatable Windscreen option - I did find it very useful the past winter in GTA.
Also, get Ionizer just to have 4 buttons on the other side, yes, you'll pay CAD$ 390 just to get a button :)
What about SportDesign Side mirrors?
I guess you like the Sideblades in Matte Black?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, let me see if I can run through all these.

Burmester - I couldn't justify that sort of money for a stereo in a car, not worth it for me. I have a nice Klipsch setup at home if I want really good audio.

ACC - I think what bothers me is I can't not use it but still have cruise. In multi-lane medium density traffic, you can usually go lane to lane to keep flowing without slowing down but the radar cruise doesn't let you close the gap to make the lane change. Regular cruise just maintains the pace.

Build Lock - I haven't signed the papers yet, I've got a demo for the Sunday next weekend (pick up Sat, return Mon) and then will start the actual process.

Mamba Green - I've followed Nick Murray for a while and watched those videos a couple times now. It is a cool colour, green is my favorite colour in general, but I'm also not really looking to standout. The Macan will be one of (if not) the most expensive vehicles in the parking lot at work for instance and although I'm only a couple steps below the C-Level, flying a bit under the radar is still a plus. It's not ruled out though.

Heated Windscreen - Does it work that well? I considered it as I am in Ontario but do garage park overnight, so it's not the biggest problem most days.

Ionizer - LoL I can't justify spending $390 for a button, seems silly. What's the button layout with my build as is?

SportDesign Mirrors - could care less, the thing already looks good in GTS trim.

Sideblades - Might do body colour with the volcano grey but like the contrast on the mamba green. I don't see a gloss black option for them either? Which I thought I had seen before.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would definitely check out LKA. There are a lot of haters here who don’t understand what it is and what It is not, but it’s one of my favorite features, especially on a longer expressway drive.

And with respect to the ACC it’s extremely useful in stop and go traffic. Interesting that few people mention it, including Porsche not mentioning it in their marketing.

Have you compared a full leather interior to the partial leather? We own one of each, and the leather just makes the car feel it appears so much more luxurious. Does not seem like a Porsche without full leather.

Finaly I would definitely suggest considering 21 inch wheels as they add so much to look at the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would definitely check out LKA. There are a lot of haters here who don’t understand what it is and what It is not, but it’s one of my favorite features, especially on a longer expressway drive.

And with respect to the ACC it’s extremely useful in stop and go traffic. Interesting that few people mention it, including Porsche not mentioning it in their marketing.

Have you compared a full leather interior to the partial leather? We own one of each, and the leather just makes the car feel it appears so much more luxurious. Does not seem like a Porsche without full leather.

Finaly I would definitely suggest considering 21 inch wheels as they add so much to look at the car.
I have LKA on my Lexus, never use it. Played with it a few times but since it's not lane centering (which I believe is true on the Macan too) it only does you any good if you suck at driving and don't watch the road.

Full leather would be nice but isn't really necessary, I'm already over what I wanted to spend, so I have to draw the line somewhere. Also, I like the black spyder 20's that come on the GTS and don't mind a little more tire under me, and again, pushes my budget. Those two options would add another ~$3700 to the build after tax.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Love your build! A couple of comments:
Color - If you plan/hope to keep your Macan long term I would go with the Volcano Grey, and with that color painted sideblades. I hear what you're saying about not wanting to stand out too much at work.

ACC - If you don't think you will use it much, then skip it. Personally, I use it all the time, and find it's especially useful on long trips. I did think it was overpriced but for me it was a must have. My wife agrees.

Burmester - I'm a music lover, but like you I prefer to do my critical listening at home.

Heated Windscreen - I've never had it, but thought it would useful here in Minnesota...you may as well driving in the Great White North!

Best of luck finalizing your build!

·
Registered
605 Posts
P.S. I agree with you on the LKA. My Q7 came with it as part of a package, and after trying it out for two weeks I turned it off. Haven't used it ever since.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
it only does you any good if you suck at driving and don't watch the road.
Sorry, but I don’t suck at driving, and I find LKA to be excellent. Sure, it would be better if it also was self centering, but after a long trip on the expressway OK makes you arrive a lot more refreshed.

If you don’t want to order it, of course that is your prerogative, but there’s no need to attack those who have it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Heated Windscreen - Does it work that well? I considered it as I am in Ontario but do garage park overnight, so it's not the biggest problem most days.
Yes, it does, remember the last time you drove through wet snow or blizzard and had to clean you windshield all the time and still it was hard to see through?
With heated windshield just melts off, it's not perfect but it's a huge improvement over not having it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like your build. I just ordered a GTS with very similar options. I ordered mine in sapphire blue. The changes from your build are as follows:

• I ordered sport mirrors with gloss black. I like the look rather than the flat black.
  • I painted the side blades.
  • I added black handles.
  • did not order PTV or Sports Chrono.
  • I added smokers package and model in gloss black (n/c options)
  • I like the look of the roof rails so I added them.

all else the same. Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
46 Posts
Obviously all that really matters is that you are happy. Personally, I find the green garish. Let AMG do hulk green, this is a Porsche, if you want flashy, go carmine. If you plan to keep it forever, who cares, but it will probably limit some average buyers for resale if that's important to you. I also love the gray, but I've always thought gray is the optimal car color.

People have already covered the Burmeister, but if you aren't picky the Bose is adequate. I have it and it's unlikely I will spend the thousands to upgrade to a custom solution. I do agree the full leather is worth consideration. It adds a level of elegance that just makes it more the luxury car it is. Given that it's a GTS my personal vote would be the volcanic gray with the black GTS side blades. I don't really miss the smoking package in mine. Obviously smoking in a car is no on, but the cubby is a spot I can shove my phone when plugged in to Apple CarPlay.

At the end of the day, no matter what you will have an awesome Porsche, so you win no matter what.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Obviously all that really matters is that you are happy. Personally, I find the green garish. Let AMG do hulk green, this is a Porsche, if you want flashy, go carmine. If you plan to keep it forever, who cares, but it will probably limit some average buyers for resale if that's important to you. I also love the gray, but I've always thought gray is the optimal car color.

People have already covered the Burmeister, but if you aren't picky the Bose is adequate. I have it and it's unlikely I will spend the thousands to upgrade to a custom solution. I do agree the full leather is worth consideration. It adds a level of elegance that just makes it more the luxury car it is. Given that it's a GTS my personal vote would be the volcanic gray with the black GTS side blades. I don't really miss the smoking package in mine. Obviously smoking in a car is no on, but the cubby is a spot I can shove my phone when plugged in to Apple CarPlay.

At the end of the day, no matter what you will have an awesome Porsche, so you win no matter what.
I don't find Mamba garish but admit that it is an acquired taste. But many love it. I actually see a lot of depth and complexity in the color so, although I'm impressed with it, I wouldn't get it. I'd take it over Sapphire or Miami though. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also thinking of ordering a GTS and had a question on the matte black side blades: How easy are those to keep clean? I've found matte black can get dull and appear constantly dirty after awhile, so would probably go with the painted side blades.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
46 Posts
I don't find Mamba garish but admit that it is an acquired taste. But many love it. I actually see a lot of depth and complexity in the color so, although I'm impressed with it, I wouldn't get it. I'd take it over Sapphire or Miami though. :)
Yeah, it's all about what makes one happy, but in general cars in neutral will appeal more broadly with some exceptions. Really I think the Macan looks good in almost all the offered colors. A couple I'd avoid for other reasons (like non metallic black or white just for keeping it looking sharp). I'm with you on the blues, especially the Miami. I like the Night Blue a lot, but I would never personally own the others.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts