Porsche Macan Forum banner

Go for the Chalk or save the $$ and do Night Blue

• Chalk

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Night Blue

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • You will be happy with either so why are you asking us :)

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you have likely seen from my earlier posts, I have been ISO a 2017/2018 CPO GTS. After about a month, I am close to throwing in the towel and biting the bullet on a new order.

ACC and 18 way seats are key for me....and if I am ordering new I would add SC and only a few other small things....

Porsche Code PM4SJTX3

Feel free to critique the build as you see fit.

I wish I liked a color other than Chalk so that I could save $2500 or so, but everything else seems like a compromise (although considering Night Blue potentially). That would get my net cost under $80K which would make this less painful. I actually love Night Blue as a color, and really like it on S and Turbo with the aluminum trim, but not sure if I think there is enough contract with the black on the GTS. Generally I think it should blend in or contrast- not be 'close'....but it is a sharp color and looks great with my interior choice.

I am going to try the poll feature here and see what others think (although knowing that is personal, I thought it would be fun to see).

I hope to hear from a couple more in-state dealers this week to see who has the best discount and has access to the best financing (as I want to take advantage of the cheap money that is out there right now).

PS- I did a crazy detailed financial analysis weighing in maintenance costs, costs post-warranty for the used one, shipping costs for the used one, etc and the difference per day over a 3 year term of ownership was less than the cost of a latte.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
@MAPC Your code didn’t save 😢

You know I am game for looking at builds for ideas for mine.

I love Chalk and almost went with it myself.

I have a moonlight blue Audi S5 that is very similar to the night blue and I love this color. I don’t think you could go wrong with either color.

For my first one I paid the big bucks for carmine because there was not many carmine reds in my city (now there are a ton of carmines driving around), and this time I am going with a cheaper color (so far only 1 in my city) so I could get my deviated stitching and other goodies my first one didn’t have.

I guess at the end of the day is which cost can you live with for the length of having this beautiful GTS.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Jellybean Thanks for calling that out- I added it above but here it is again PM4SJTX3

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
The garnet and black interior is great. On the computer it looks really bright red to me, but in person it is a deep rich red. I was never a true fan of the red interior until I saw this beauty in person. The car I saw this on was a black GTS the dealer just got in and I was the first person to test drive it. This will look really sharp with the chalk.

I personally like the free smoking package to close up the hole in the console. I think it gives it a nice clean look.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The garnet and black interior is great. On the computer it looks really bright red to me, but in person it is a deep rich red. I was never a true fan of the red interior until I saw this beauty in person. The car I saw this on was a black GTS the dealer just got in and I was the first person to test drive it. This will look really sharp with the chalk.

I personally like the free smoking package to close up the hole in the console. I think it gives it a nice clean look.
The Garnet option I’m doing has less red- the Door panels and lower dash and Black. It’s a more subtle approach, IMHO

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are 2 options that I have thought about- but really trying to keep my overall number down. I have included the gloss black handles on some of my builds but didn't think the Sport DesignMirrors were worth the $$- but they are definitely nice!

Wanted to be under $80K after discounting---Chalk pushes me to $82,500

This is a CPO GTS that I found in Night Blue with Garnet/Black interior. Not the car for me as no ACC but great pics of the color combo.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m surprised by the majority favoring Night Blue...interesting.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
41 Posts
Nice build :). If you feel like adding a bit of money to it, consider the black door handles/sport design mirrors.

Heres a couple pictures of night blue GTS, looks real good too imo.

View attachment 233193
View attachment 233194
These pics are getting me excited for my night blue GTS on order. In particular looking at the side view, am glad I went with side blades in body colour for a cleaner overall look.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah- 306 views and only 16 votes :(

·
Registered
458 Posts
@MACP, How do you do the voting thing? I’m assuming I’m missing something as I can’t see a link to a poll or anything (using Tapatalk app which may be the problem(?))

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@MACP, How do you do the voting thing? I’m assuming I’m missing something as I can’t see a link to a poll or anything (using Tapatalk app which may be the problem(?))
It appears at the top of the screen. Here is a screenshot:

·
Registered
458 Posts
It appears at the top of the screen. Here is a screenshot:

View attachment 233248
Thanks. Can’t figure it out with tapatalk. I’ll check on-line tomorrow. (Spoiler alert : I think you’ll be happy either way).

I tried your build but added sports mirrors, side blades in exterior colour, and 21” sport design wheels in exterior colour and it looked pretty sweet! (Just in case you win the lottery in the next week or so).

Reactions: MAPC

·
Registered
458 Posts
Still no luck. Screen just gets larger and can't select choice. Obviously my tech savyness is not with me this morning. Anyway, sign me up for the "you'll like either" vote.

Reactions: MAPC

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think regarding the color you are best to decide instead of others as you are the one driving and making the payments. Both are great colors. Regarding the sport mirrors do it. This is a no brainer as far as how nice they look compared to the stock ones and you will be looking at your mirror driving all of the time and regretting it if you don't. If you a music guy add the Burmester. It is a very nice audio system and will make the drives super nice when out on the road. Honestly this is one my favorite things about my car. In front of this is the start up sound. Many of us do not buy these cars two or three times. so I would do all right in the first time. who knows after you order it you can still look for a used one as well. I just did not have any luck on searches after ordering mine so when it arrived I bought it.
Best of luck on your order and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ORDER PLACED!
Final Code PMRXLPY8

I bit the bullet and went with Chalk. Really love that color on the GTS.

October allocation.
In the immortal words of Tom Petty....

Reactions: 95B3.6

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Congratulations on your order! I know you have been searching for the perfect GTS and it looks like buy building one you are getting just what you want.

Chalk is a beautiful color with the red interior.

I can’t wait to see it once it finally hits the states.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Like @Jellybean, I had one of the first carmine red GTS in 2016, and then in 2017 they were everywhere. If I had gotten another Macan this year, I would have gotten Mamba Green. In 2014, I bought a CPO 2014 Sapphire Blue 991 Turbo S which I loved then and love even more now. In 2014 I also got one of the first Macan Turbo in the states, with the garnet/black two tone which I loved then. I am now into classic black interior. I would have to say that car color is shifty, you never know which direction it shifts, when it shifts.

Reactions: Jellybean
1 - 20 of 21 Posts