Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan S / Volcano Grey / 2-Tone Mojave with Brushed Aluminum / PASM & PTV+ / 20" Spyders
19 Posts
If this is in reference to my build, thanks. Did you notice the Guards Red stitching and seat centers in the otherwise all-Espresso interior? I think that will give it a two-tone look that we like.

I've added SportDesign painted mirrors and leather steering column cover with deviated Guards Red stitching to the build now: PMLDGBJ4 I'm determined to call this the final configuration.
I didn't see the red seat centers! Well done there. My build is for the wife, otherwise I'd have opted for the red accents as well. And I like the Sport Mirrors too - just ran out of money.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
The sport design mirrors are a must. End of day they look so much better then the standard ones.
Ok, heres a silly question.

I as well love the sport design mirrors and had them on my Carmine GTS. They now offer the sport design mirrors with the black bottom. Would you put those on your car if you are adding black accents like the roof rails and door handles, or would that be too much black? Looking at Mamba Green for the paint color. I know it is personal taste but I was thinking of adding the black bottom ones, but wasn't sure if that would be to much black, and stick with the color of the car for the mirrors. I am going back and forth, back and forth.

·
Registered
135 Posts

I as well love the sport design mirrors and had them on my Carmine GTS. They now offer the sport design mirrors with the black bottom. Would you put those on your car if you are adding black accents like the roof rails and door handles, or would that be too much black? Looking at Mamba Green for the paint color. I know it is personal taste but I was thinking of adding the black bottom ones, but wasn't sure if that would be to much black, and stick with the color of the car for the mirrors. I am going back and forth, back and forth.
Not a silly question; I don't think it's too much black, FWIW - I've ordered mine with the black handles, roof rails (a must) and the black base SD mirrors, too. I had thought about backing off of it a little by getting the body-colored side blade instead of black, but I left it. I have seen phots of very similar cars online, I think it's going to be OK - in fact, I think i'll really like it when I see it. It's a performance-oriented look, for sure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
As I MindF*** over my NEXT Macan, Miami Blue with interior to be determined.... I notice the 911 Configurator has a Blue Leather choice. Wonder why that isn't an option on the Macan ?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Not a silly question; I don't think it's too much black, FWIW - I've ordered mine with the black handles, roof rails (a must) and the black base SD mirrors, too. I had thought about backing off of it a little by getting the body-colored side blade instead of black, but I left it. I have seen phots of very similar cars online, I think it's going to be OK - in fact, I think i'll really like it when I see it. It's a performance-oriented look, for sure.
Thank you so much for your feedback! I think I will probably go that route as well. I am sure the black sports design mirrors would have looked sharp on my Carmine Red when I built her in 2018.

Reactions: John Y

·
Registered
423 Posts

No silly question but all a matter of opinion.
I think black trim on Macan's look better then chrome. Black door handles do look good on white cars and such. Regarding the mirrors. I love the look on my sport mirrors and the color matches the paint. on the non sport mirrors they look too plasticly and cheap to me and lack the fine detail of the hollow arm of the sport mirror. Now having that section black in gloss could look good but I would have it match the paint as it could be a distraction when looking over and driving. Then again I don't know how that standard mirrors look when driving. It did take me a while to get use to the lane change assist feature. Now I love that option.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@wishntoboutside the lane assist feature is a fabulous feature. Yes I do agree with you it is a great feature to have. I find myself looking for that first then looking over my shoulder before changing lanes.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
261 Posts
Was playing around with the configurator yesterday building a Turbo and did not find a performance package option. Not even sure if I was building a 2020 or a 2021. Did I miss something or is PP not available on new models? Not considering moving from my 2017 Turbo but the performance package is one of the three options I wish it had. Its still like new to me with only 14,500 miles on it but was curious as to the cost of my “perfect” Macan if new.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Was playing around with the configurator yesterday building a Turbo and did not find a performance package option. Not even sure if I was building a 2020 or a 2021. Did I miss something or is PP not available on new models? Not considering moving from my 2017 Turbo but the performance package is one of the three options I wish it had. Its still like new to me with only 14,500 miles on it but was curious as to the cost of my “perfect” Macan if new.
There is no "PP" for the MY2020 or MY2021 Macan Turbo. I've also read the performance pkg. has been discontinued for ICE Macans.

The Porsche Macan builds currently on the configurator are for MY2021....

61 - 71 of 71 Posts