Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My Macan order is contingent of sale of a 2017 BMW M3 and it appears that sale is going forward -- CarMax has made me a reasonable offer on the car -- so I hope to actually order a 2021 Macan GTS soon. The latest configuration is Porsche code PMNCZFQ9 which includes Carrara White metallic paint, PTV+ and premium package plus. MSRP $93,520. No discussions yet with my local dealership on allocations, timing or pricing, so lots still to be determined.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I noticed from your build you did not choose the Smoking Package for $0. Why not? It adds a soft opening cover that finishes off the center console quite nicely.

Reactions: Llarry

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is there any consensus on the Interior to go with the Miami Blue? I have a 2019 Silver/RED Macan S. I think the Red Interior is also the way to go with the Miami Blue, my next Macan. Opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Is there any consensus on the Interior to go with the Miami Blue? I have a 2019 Silver/RED Macan S. I think the Red Interior is also the way to go with the Miami Blue, my next Macan. Opinions?
If it’s a loud color on outside, do muted on inside. I would think only black , agate or light gray would work. Don’t do red.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If it’s a loud color on outside, do muted on inside. I would think only black , agate or light gray would work. Don’t do red.
I love red interiors, but tend to agree with @vandit that Miami Blue with Garnet Red interior -- the "Superman" combo -- would be a bit too flashy for my taste. Your taste may differ and you should go with what you want!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I noticed from your build you did not choose the Smoking Package for $0. Why not? It adds a soft opening cover that finishes off the center console quite nicely.

View attachment 231642
That is a nice finished look. What is the difference underneath? Without the smoking package there is a power point, yes? And with the smoking package there is a cigar lighter, i.e, a power point?

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
58 Posts
That is a nice finished look. What is the difference underneath? Without the smoking package there is a power point, yes? And with the smoking package there is a cigar lighter, i.e, a power point?
Yes, a power outlet with cigar lighter insert, and a removable ash tray instead of a small open storage area.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

Reactions: Llarry

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I agree with you that the door is indeed a nice, more finished, look.

However, on our '18 S we went for the open look, and I'd do it again. I like the ability to drop my clip-on sunglass case in there, or drop my phone in there (where I sometimes charge it), and so forth. Granted, it's a little sloppy looking, and there are other ways to store phones and sunglasses and what have you, but it just comes in too handy, too often, in our use, to want to have a door in the way.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

However, on our '18 S we went for the open look, and I'd do it again. I like the ability to drop my clip-on sunglass case in there, or drop my phone in there (where I sometimes charge it), and so forth. Granted, it's a little sloppy looking, and there are other ways to store phones and sunglasses and what have you, but it just comes in too handy, too often, in our use, to want to have a door in the way.
I'm surprised you can fit a phone is that little area. I just use the cup holders or the pockets in the doors for stuff like that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

There is a similar pocket in the same location in my '13 Boxster S and , if memory serves, there was a similar no-cost smoker option which I did not take. But at least in the 981, the pocket is so small that I almost never put anything in it. The only time I can think of offhand is when I pull the key out of the ignition when filling up at a gas station.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm surprised you can fit a phone is that little area. I just use the cup holders or the pockets in the doors for stuff like that.
Just took a pic. And I suppose it depends on the definition of "fit," too.

In any case, here's the opening, with an iPhone 11 Pro (itself in a LifeProof Flip case) in the opening, along with a case that holds my clip-ons (the case has a magnetic closure, and the clip-ons have magnets, too, all of which enables me to open the case and put them on, with just one hand, and without looking).

So, yep, a bit sloppy, but I can just chuck stuff in there:

IMG_0715.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts

Nah...drop all that stuff in the cup holder, or for the phone, just leave it in your pocket.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just took a pic. And I suppose it depends on the definition of "fit," too.

In any case, here's the opening, with an iPhone 11 Pro (itself in a LifeProof Flip case) in the opening, along with a case that holds my clip-ons (the case has a magnetic closure, and the clip-ons have magnets, too, all of which enables me to open the case and put them on, with just one hand, and without looking).
Your picture convinced me to take the smoker pkg back out. My wife complains that she can never find a place for her iPhone 11 Pro and the moment she saw your picture, she was so glad to see a solution on the Macan.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S / Volcano Grey / 2-Tone Mojave with Brushed Aluminum / PASM & PTV+ / 20" Spyders
19 Posts
That's a beautiful configuration. On the interior, I'd go 2 tone of some kind as the mono-color interior on the Macan is just a lot of the same color for my taste. Like everywhere the same color - top, bottom, sides, seats, dash, steering wheel, doors, carpet.... My VW has a mostly black interior with a cream color on the upper half of the pillars and the headliner, and after sitting in an all black Macan I realized the difference that lighter contrast makes in the cabin feel.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Your picture convinced me to take the smoker pkg back out. My wife complains that she can never find a place for her iPhone 11 Pro and the moment she saw your picture, she was so glad to see a solution on the Macan.
I hope nothing's changed, regarding the size of that area. Put another way: note that that's a pic of our '18 S.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
That's a beautiful configuration. On the interior, I'd go 2 tone of some kind as the mono-color interior on the Macan is just a lot of the same color for my taste. Like everywhere the same color - top, bottom, sides, seats, dash, steering wheel, doors, carpet.... My VW has a mostly black interior with a cream color on the upper half of the pillars and the headliner, and after sitting in an all black Macan I realized the difference that lighter contrast makes in the cabin feel.
If this is in reference to my build, thanks. Did you notice the Guards Red stitching and seat centers in the otherwise all-Espresso interior? I think that will give it a two-tone look that we like.

I've added SportDesign painted mirrors and leather steering column cover with deviated Guards Red stitching to the build now: PMLDGBJ4 I'm determined to call this the final configuration.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've added SportDesign painted mirrors....
I did too on my Macan!

I think the gloss black painted Sport Design mirrors do indeed look more sporty!

41 - 60 of 71 Posts