Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The the 2021 configurator seems to be up and running again, so just for comparison, I built a 2021 Macan GTS with all the options as my ordered 2020 Macan GTS has....and the MY2021 was only $70 more.

And the configurator still does not show the pano sunroof on the build for the GTS....

·
Registered
9 Posts
On our 2016 Macan Turbo, the PCM would power cycle every 2 to 3 minutes. The PCM would power off, then show the Porsche crest splash screen followed by the Macan splash screen and then go into Sirius XM reception. This happened regardless of how the PCM was being used or even if the PCM was turned off.

Set a service appointment and just received the following email from Porsche:

I tried these instructions and as I was reprogramming my stations, the PCM power cycled. So, I retried choosing Factory Settings instead of Vehicle Handover and the PCM did not reboot during the time it took me to reprogram my AM, FM and SAT stations ... so hopefully, this was the cure. Will update the next time I have more seat time in the car.

Hope this is helpful for the community.

keyword: reboot reset

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Since I posted a couple of builds in this thread, I though I'd update on the current thinking:
2021 GTS in White $73,100 + $1,350 dest charges
Espresso full natural leather $3,180
Premium pkg Plus (for '21, includes pano roof, PDLS+, auto-dimming mirrors, surround view, lane change assist, entry & drive, 14-way seats/memory, heated rear seats and Bose audio
('21 pkg price up to $6,610)
Deviating seat centers in Guards Red leather $1,800 (spendy but not as extravagant as deviating stitching, which would add another $4,470)
Side blades in exterior color (N/C)
Model designation on rear in high-gloss black (N/C)
20" Turbo wheels in high-gloss black $600
Espresso seat belts $540
Dark walnut interior trim (N/C)
Which comes to $86,180 MSRP.

A couple of options I hope to add to the above, finances permitting, are heated steering wheel and cargo management system. I'd love to have PTV+ but it's not gonna happen.

Fire away! Comments and criticisms welcome! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If you ditch the deviated leather seat centers for $1,800, you can get PTV+ and the heated steering wheel....two important features to have if it snows where you live. Keep in mind, with the Standard leather pkg., the tops surfaces of the seats are leather. And when you say you're ordering your GTS in white, do you mean Carrara White Metallic for $700? I've read the free non-metallic black/white paint from Porsche is cheap and chips easy.

And if you stay with the standard black 20" Spyders ($600 savings), and unchecked the box for Espresso seat belts ($540 savings), you're awfully close to experiencing launch control with the Sports Chrono pkg. I LOVE the expressions on my friends faces after making them pee their pants a bit....;)

Do you really need the Espresso full natural leather for the whopping price of $3,180? I hear the upgrade leather interior in Agate is not too shabby for only $1,890.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like the higher volume base model prices creeping up as well, and the most popular option Premium Package Plus up to $7400. Adding a basic partial leather interior upgrade, wheels, and any color to get it to a certain level of Porsche luxury, price for a decent base now up to a tick over $65k.

Have built about 1000 Macans on that configurator over time, and still can't come to the conclusion on which car color/wheel set/interior combo looks the best. It's a cool car design that looks very different depending on build, and my favorite color changes all the time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Good points, @Masscan; the problem is that the car has to scratch more than one itch and I am quite particular when it comes to details of color combos. Espresso is a given, but is rather dark and we feel the seat inserts will lighten it up well. Expensive, yes. I don't do all-black wheels, thus the Turbo wheels replacing the Spyder design 20s...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Good points, @Masscan; the problem is that the car has to scratch more than one itch and I am quite particular when it comes to details of color combos. Espresso is a given, but it rather dark and we feel the seat inserts will lighten it up well. Expensive, yes. I don't do all-black wheels, thus the Turbo wheels replacing the Spyder design 20s...
Espresso leather is not dark at all (it could look dark on your monitor) - try to find a used/new car that has it and take a look at different light conditions.
I was lucky to find a car in a showroom 2 days before my configuration was about to lock up.
It's great as it is, I wouldn't add any other color to it. IMHO, it pairs best with Walnut trim.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Espresso leather is not dark at all (it could look dark on your monitor) - try to find a used/new car that has it and take a look at different light conditions.
I was lucky to find a car in a showroom 2 days before my configuration was about to lock up.
It's great as it is, I wouldn't add any other color to it. IMHO, it pairs best with Walnut trim.
You make a good point, @fooit (and @Llarry).

We have the Saddle Brown full leather on our '18 S, and, after 2½ years, it is still surprising how much ambient light (to say nothing of a computer monitor) affects the appearance. In direct sunlight, it looks pretty light; in the shade, it looks pretty dark. And Espresso will be a little darker.

Take a look at my gallery, 2018 Macan S, in which the first few and last few pics show the leather, and you should get an idea of the variability that I'm talking about.

Incidentally, this choice, "VN Leather Interior in Saddle Brown," was a hefty $3,630 option back in Aug. 2017. And we'd do it, or something very similar, again, if we order another Macan. I think this adds a lot of richness to the car, and is something you see (and sit on) every day, the whole time you're driving. And -- well, this is a personal position, of course -- I'm not a fan at all of the two-tone interiors often found in these cars, ya know, one color for the dash and other upper surfaces, and one color for the seats and lower surfaces. I just think that looks sort of tacky, or at least just kind of thrown together, but maybe it's a sports car thing, and I've never owned a sports car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Llarry....I am replacing my MY17S with a 20/21 GTS. Of all the options I add and delete per the budget (and of, course, that changes every week!), two that are etched in solid granite are the colors. Chalk over Espresso 18-ways. Stick with your interior, man!

Reactions: Llarry

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you all for the comments. @DocJay, I am sticking with my interior. Interestingly, I went through a period four years ago of configuring Macan GTSs and about 90% of what I did is the same as this 2021 model. The notable exception being Palladium metallic, which I still think is gorgeous but is sadly no longer available, except perhaps by prohibitively-expensive paint-to-sample.

Like you, I keep adding and deleting options. Mostly deleting, as fiscal prudence dictates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
@Llarry, could you please share your latest build code?
I apologize for not knowing how to enter a link to the code, which is PM2XDFN8. Down to a mere $85,360.

But here is a pdf of the build, now without Prem Plus pkg. Potential additions are Carrara White Metallic $700, ventilated seats $670 or even the entire premium pkg plus, which adds $820 over ventilated seats alone. Any other options are out of reach, I think.

A wild card on the color front is to switch to Sapphire Blue metallic and change the seat insert color from Guards Red to Mojave Beige. But my wife and I are both committed pretty much to Espresso with Guards Red inserts for a splash of color. I prefer the bicolor look to monochromatic interiors. In my Boxster I spec'd a blue carpet to provide a bit of diversity in an otherwise all-Luxor Beige interior. Photo attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
58 Posts
Not sure about the US configurator, but the Canadian configurator has fewer options available for the base Macan. No more 21" wheels, or PASM, or air suspension, Sport Chrono or PSE. Probably because few people were spec'ing those options on the base. They're all still there for the S and higher models.

However, I gotta say those options on my 2018 base Sport Edition are what make the car in my opinion... they make it like a loaded GTS but with a 2.0 litre engine. But they do push the price of the base up above an S so I can see the logic for taking them off the list for the base.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great build Llarry, your buying team has got an eye for color and interior design. No doubt the Espresso interior takes the Macan interior to a new level of luxuriousness. The Saddle/Agate brown not too far behind as cheaper alternatives, I have the Mojave beige and absolutely love it in a hotter climate. Have had no staining or glare issues whatsoever with it as a lighter color, but on next one will consider the Espresso. With the matching walnut trim and red center seat inserts, that interior will be unique. You're taking a hit on the price some because you're partially canceling out some of the premium Espresso leather in the seats you're already paying for to replace with the red. But a small thing for a bold interior. With that car all you're missing is PTV to really run, could sacrifice the espresso seat belts for that but would hate to mess with your perfectly crafted interior!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not sure about the US configurator, but the Canadian configurator has fewer options available for the base Macan. No more 21" wheels, or PASM, or air suspension, Sport Chrono or PSE. Probably because few people were spec'ing those options on the base. They're all still there for the S and higher models.

However, I gotta say those options on my 2018 base Sport Edition are what make the car in my opinion... they make it like a loaded GTS but with a 2.0 litre engine. But they do push the price of the base up above an S so I can see the logic for taking them off the list for the base.
Yea I noticed that all those options are gone on the US configurator too. For now, you can't do near the performance upgrades on the base you used to be able to.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I apologize for not knowing how to enter a link to the code, which is PM2XDFN8. Down to a mere $85,360.

But here is a pdf of the build, now without Prem Plus pkg. Potential additions are Carrara White Metallic $700, ventilated seats $670 or even the entire premium pkg plus, which adds $820 over ventilated seats alone. Any other options are out of reach, I think.

A wild card on the color front is to switch to Sapphire Blue metallic and change the seat insert color from Guards Red to Mojave Beige. But my wife and I are both committed pretty much to Espresso with Guards Red inserts for a splash of color. I prefer the bicolor look to monochromatic interiors. In my Boxster I spec'd a blue carpet to provide a bit of diversity in an otherwise all-Luxor Beige interior. Photo attached.
Just a couple of comments:

1) Are heated seats (front, or front and rear) included anywhere in this build? I don't see them, offhand.

My wife and I live in a chilly snow-belt area (Albany, NY). We use the heated front seats (the rear are heated, too) a lot in the winter. We don't have a heated steering wheel, but in the winter we wear gloves, so don't really miss a heated wheel (and I think it helps that the wheel is leather wrapped in our case). For us, the seat heating is much more important.

2) Have you thought about the surround-view camera system? That's the one option that I wish I had ordered but don't have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just a couple of comments:

1) Are heated seats (front, or front and rear) included anywhere in this build? I don't see them, offhand.

My wife and I live in a chilly snow-belt area (Albany, NY). We use the heated front seats (the rear are heated, too) a lot in the winter. We don't have a heated steering wheel, but in the winter we wear gloves, so don't really miss a heated wheel (and I think it helps that the wheel is leather wrapped in our case). For us, the seat heating is much more important.

2) Have you thought about the surround-view camera system? That's the one option that I wish I had ordered but don't have.
Yep -- heated front seats are standard in the GTS. I wouldn't buy a car without them. I agree the heated wheel is not a must-have given glove-wearing and it might get cut down the line...

I did want the surround view, which is now part of the premium plus pkg, but gave it up in the name of economy. Would love to put $1,490 back in to bring the prem plus pkg back, which would include heated rear seats (very rarely occupied for us) and surround view -- a bargain. And would include entry & drive and PDLS+ as well, which are less important to us. We shall see...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I've decided to go for the car I really want: adding deviated stitching in Guards Red to the Guards Red seat centers and to add back in the premium plus package. Two expensive add-ons but this car is likely my last hurrah (I'm in my early 70s) and dammit I want the car the way I want it! MSRP jumps substantially to $91,320. It's only money and a Porsche is a Porsche! As a result of adding back in the premium plus package, the spec now includes PDLS+, surround view, entry & drive, heated rear seats and ventilated front seats. Not all the items are must-haves, but the package overall is a bargain and is Porsche's goodwill gesture to US customers, as I see it. The only other possible additions are Carrara White metallic paint, which I am still considering, and PTV+ which is an expensive option.

Just for grins, I will post the 2018 GTS build that I did three years ago and you can see how close it is to the current build. If Porsche would let me have Palladium metallic (pale gold) for the price of metallic paint rather than the 11,000+ of paint to sample I would abandon white in a heartbeat. The interior is where most of my attention has been focused.

FYI, in 2017 the USA configurator also failed to show the panoramic roof when it was spec'd. In three years they haven't managed to fix that... The German and UK configurators show the roof just fine -- sample attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went to the Porsche US configurator website to see the new features available on the Macan. I was amazed to see the total $ on some of the new options. So I priced it out to match the exact same options I selected on my 2019 Macan S (ordered in April 2019 and delivered in June 2019), a year later its $4k more for the same features. I have the Premium Package Plus and I see they have now included the surround view and LCA as a part of this package on newer models.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The price bump from my configured 2020 Macan GTS and a MY2021 was only $70 more for all the same options.

I did notice though that the delivery fee went up by $300 from 2018 to the present $1,350....

21 - 40 of 71 Posts