Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just today I note the USA Macan configurator at porsche.com has updated to 2021.

Prices up -- $800 on a GTS, for example. Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Apply Carplay standard for 2021 on the GTS.

Premium and Premium Plus packages discontinued.

Race-Tex replaces Alcantara for optional headliner and steering wheel rim.

That's all I've noted so far.

Also, I'm Llarry. I'm new here. I'm from Oregon and looking to replace a '14 X3 and a '17 M3. I have a much-loved '13 Boxster S. Aspiring Macan GTS owner...

EDIT: A few hours later, the packages have been added back for Macan, Macan S and Macan GTS. Package prices as in 2020. Perhaps it would be safe to say that Porsche may still be updating the configurator and further changes may become evident.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome! You will find this community extremely helpful and supportive as you research and make informed decisions about your purchase. Rest assured a GTS will give you the best of both worlds of the X3 and M3 and will pair nicely with your Boxster S.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just today I note the USA Macan configurator at porsche.com has updated to 2021.

Prices up -- $800 on a GTS, for example. Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Apply Carplay standard for 2021 on the GTS.

Premium and Premium Plus packages discontinued.

Race-Tex replaces Alcantara for optional headliner and steering wheel rim.

That's all I've noted so far.

Also, I'm Llarry. I'm new here. I'm from Oregon and looking to replace a '14 X3 and a '17 M3. I have a much-loved '13 Boxster S. Aspiring Macan GTS owner...
Porsche trying to squeeze every bit of money by getting rid of the packages. It sucks more that I didn’t get the premium plus package for my 2020 Macan but at least it was a bit cheaper than the 2021 model :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hi Llarry, and thanks for the heads up! I believe for the GTS, wireless Apply Carplay was part of the Premium pkg. in 2020, or offered as stand alone option.

But $800 more for the 2021, that's a big jump! I'm glad I ordered a 2020 Macan GTS recently and not a MY2021.

How do you know that price was for a MY2021? Where on the configurator does it state the model year?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am interested in this because I have a pending order based on the 2020 configurator. Two weeks ago my SA advised "There will be no changes from MY20 to MY21. Because of the shutdown, many cars and orders are being switched to MY21 because of the delay in production...Pricing and options will be the same :)"

Earlier he said that my 2021 Model Year Macan GTS was "set to be built in September at this point".

I guess we'll see if what he confirmed in writing proves to be accurate...I'm going to do my best to hold him what he confirmed in his email.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I am interested in this because I have a pending order based on the 2020 configurator. Two weeks ago my SA advised "There will be no changes from MY20 to MY21. Because of the shutdown, many cars and orders are being switched to MY21 because of the delay in production...Pricing and options will be the same :)"

Earlier he said that my 2021 Model Year Macan GTS was "set to be built in September at this point".

I guess we'll see if what he confirmed in writing proves to be accurate...I'm going to do my best to hold him what he confirmed in his email.
Built in Sept., Shipped in October,delivered in Mpls MN in late November. Better line up your snow tires/wheels now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the 2021 configurator has now disappeared, let me share one more set of numbers about the 2021 changes that I saw before they disappeared:
MY2021 prices (not incl destination charges):
Macan 52,100
Macan S 60,200
Macan GTS 72,100
Macan Turbo 84,600
and as previously stated, the only standard equipment changes I saw was Apple CarPlay w/Siri to be standard in '21. I checked on base, S & GTS, but not on Turbo, so could very well have missed something on the latter model.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
@Masscan, when I hit 'print' it printed out a pdf indicating MY2021. Let me try to attach an example.
- That worked, i.e., your PDF posting, in case you were wondering.

- Wow, that "Deviated Stitching Interior Package and Deviated Leather Seat Centers" is expensive. Of course, if that's what you want, go for it.

- Have you considered the surround-view camera/software option?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Built in Sept., Shipped in October,delivered in Mpls MN in late November. Better line up your snow tires/wheels now.
Realistically because these orders always seem to arrive later than originally expected I was already thinking this would be a Christmas gift for my better half...and yes, I've already been investigating various winter wheel/tire options.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Reactions: Llarry

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
- Have you considered the surround-view camera/software option?
I totally agree with you on this option. Wish I had chose the surround-view camera on my first Macan.

The surround-view camera option is on my 2020 GTS build!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I totally agree with you on this option. Wish I had chose the surround-view camera on my first Macan.

The surround-view camera option is on my 2020 GTS build!
Wish I had ordered it, too, on our '18 S build. We were right at (okay, a little past) our budget, so I didn't include it. But then, a week or so later, I decided not to be such a piker, and called back my SA ... but it turned out the build had already locked in, over in Germany.

Next Macan ...

·
Registered
393 Posts
@Masscan, when I hit 'print' it printed out a pdf indicating MY2021. Let me try to attach an example.
While you very likely do have a MY2021 the fact that the Porsche Code shows that year (or any other year) doesn't matter. As explained by my SA the Porsche Code "is just a convenient tool to help clients and dealers communicate specs" and has "no impact on VIN or Commission Number, etc." And he again maintains "there will be no additional or different options available in MY2021 machines".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
And for those who note how minimalist my MY2021 GTS was configured -- I'm looking at you, @wspollack ;) -- note that config is not my final answer. In fact, I think Carmine Red, as beautiful as it is and as much as I desire it, is just too expensive and the leading contender is now White with Espresso and with red leather seat centers, but no deviating stitching, which adds $4470 (!) to the total. On the other hand, I have also built "Lottery winner" configurations -- including everything I would like and totaling 100K+. Example for MY2021 attached, as the '21 configurator is once again live.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
And for those who note how minimalist my MY2021 GTS was configured -- I'm looking at you, @wspollack ;) -- note that config is not my final answer. In fact, I think Carmine Red, as beautiful as it is and as much as I desire it, is just too expensive and the leading contender is now White with Espresso and with red leather seat centers, but no deviating stitching, which adds $4470 (!) to the total. On the other hand, I have also built "Lottery winner" configurations -- including everything I would like and totaling 100K+. Example for MY2021 attached, as the '21 configurator is once again live.
Back in July or Aug. 2017, when my wife and I were spec'ing our to-be-ordered S, after I finished the real one, for our real budget (it came in at c. $69K), I did another configuration.

This wasn't a win-the-lottery spec, but similar. Once again, I started with a Macan S -- I think the S MSRP was something like $54,900 back then -- and simply threw everything I could at it. You know, yep, I want the fanciest 21" wheels, stitching on this and that, different colored dials, leather covered vents, and so on and so forth. Occasionally, the Configurator would point out that I couldn't have option X because it conflicted with option Y, so I'd pick the more expensive one. I wound up with an S priced slightly north of $140K. I was too tired out to try that on a Turbo PP.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts