Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard/read anything about changes in colors for 2021?

I am considering custom order and curious to know if anything is going to change (ie additional colors, etc). My issue is that the only color that really appeals to me is Chalk but 3100 for paint just bothers me. :)

FWIW- my take on colors:
Blacks- nice but I’ve owned too many black cars
Dolomite- just sold my Rhodium Macan and want a change
Whites- my family is vetoing them
Volcano- not enough contrast with all of the black trim
Sapphire- I love bright blue cars but don’t care for this shade (I had an Aqua blue Boxster S and preferred that color)
Mamba- just too far out there for me but I do think it looks cool
Night Blue- great color but I prefer it on Macans with alum trim vs black

looking at a CPO Agate with Garnet that might be the solution if I decide not to order new.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, so do I! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone heard/read anything about changes in colors for 2021?

I am considering custom order and curious to know if anything is going to change (ie additional colors, etc). My issue is that the only color that really appeals to me is Chalk but 3100 for paint just bothers me. :)

FWIW- my take on colors:
Blacks- nice but I’ve owned too many black cars
Dolomite- just sold my Rhodium Macan and want a change
Whites- my family is vetoing them
Volcano- not enough contrast with all of the black trim
Sapphire- I love bright blue cars but don’t care for this shade (I had an Aqua blue Boxster S and preferred that color)
Mamba- just too far out there for me but I do think it looks cool
Night Blue- great color but I prefer it on Macans with alum trim vs black

looking at a CPO Agate with Garnet that might be the solution if I decide not to order new.
I went with Night Blue Metallic. It was hard for me to choose a color as well. I think it's all personal preference but Night Blue Metallic was my choice.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
2021 configurator is on the website.

Reactions: mplgaus

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that color a lot but prefer it with alum trim vs GTS black...I'd do that on a Turbo with the alum trim in a heartbeat

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like that color a lot but prefer it with alum trim vs GTS black...I'd do that on a Turbo with the alum trim in a heartbeat
It's all personal preference. Have you seen a GTS with the night blue metallic in person. The black trim above the windows looks fine to me. I love the look of the Sport Design side mirrors and side blades in exterior color. The Night Blue Metallic is an amazing color. Looks way darker in low light environments but in the sunlight it really shines!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes-- I have....I just prefer more contrast between the body and the trim. I wish I felt otherwise as I LOVE the way it looks with Garnet/Black interior which is my first choice for interior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes-- I have....I just prefer more contrast between the body and the trim. I wish I felt otherwise as I LOVE the way it looks with Garnet/Black interior which is my first choice for interior.
Nice. I just put the deposit down on a GTS with Night Blue and Mojave Beige full leather. Can't Wait!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is also a nice combo.

I have been trying REALLY HARD to find a 2017/2018 GTS in the 55-58K range but seems like I have to go to 60K or more...which is making me say 'F%?# it' and just spend the $20K more for a new GTS order (my preferred build is $87K and I have found 2 dealers willing to discount 5%).

If I could be happy with something other than Chalk, I'd be under $80K which I'd likely do....but at the same time seems like if I am spending that much (and waiting 5 months to get it!)I should get the color that I really like.

Reactions: ghostcow

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is also a nice combo.

I have been trying REALLY HARD to find a 2017/2018 GTS in the 55-58K range but seems like I have to go to 60K or more...which is making me say 'F%?# it' and just spend the $20K more for a new GTS order (my preferred build is $87K and I have found 2 dealers willing to discount 5%).

If I could be happy with something other than Chalk, I'd be under $80K which I'd likely do....but at the same time seems like if I am spending that much (and waiting 5 months to get it!)I should get the color that I really like.
My dealer discounted 3% from my order. I didn't try to push for more because I thought it was a good discount. If you find a dealer that will discount 5% I think that's pretty good. My order is roughly 94k, decided to treat myself :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my build code: PMKY49X7

I added the Wireless Charging, Smoking Package, and Fire Extinguisher today so it's not updated on that build code.

I think no matter what you do you will love the car! Can't go wrong! Much Love!

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I took a road trip (200 miles) to the dealer where I am ordering my new GTS from and they had these chalk beauties

Chalk is a great color and I almost went with it myself.

Attachments

Reactions: sergeyb

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Saw a chalk Macan yesterday. It’s beautiful. Favorite color I’ve seen on a Macan

Reactions: sergeyb

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's amazing how different they look when under indoor light vs outdoors (captured very well on your pics). The 911 looks almost white and the Cayenne couple looks much darker.

I really love this color---but $3100 is a lot of $ for paint. I guess in the scheme of things on an 80-90K car it isn't a lot but I guess it is the principle of it that bothers me. It can't cost them more to paint it that color, and given how much people like it I know that it wouldn't be limited production if it was a standard (or metallic) priced color.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I totally agree that paying $3,100 for paint on a Porsche Macan is asinine. Personally I feel Chalk is way too light, and the only color I would pay $3,100 for if it was offered would be Audi's Nardo grey....

Reactions: vandit

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
41 Posts
+1 for midnight blue here. I never thought I would order a blue car, but it is very dark. I actually quite like the overall dark look with the black trim and accents and also have full leather in black ordered on my midnight blue GTS arriving in a couple of months. I'm currently driving a black car which shows every speck of dirt. Also wanted something a bit different and so night blue ticked all those boxes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The Audi color is quite nice but it is sim to many other MFG's non-metallic grays....Chalk is a bit more unique in that it is a bit lighter.

That being said I have seen 2 Macan's in PTS Black Gray which is REALLY sharp. Darker than Chalk and Nardo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered our Macan Turbo in chalk. Tough call due to the added cost but wasn't loving the stock colors and had just turned in our black macan GTS. Not sure I would ever buy another black car as it never looked clean and showed absolutely everything. I do like the blue the 911 comes in.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
169 Posts
I know your pain. I spent 6 months refusing to pay over $3000 for paint. Wore each colour offered In my head for a couple of weeks........Paid the money and will never have to look back.
I love the Chalk. And have the Garnet/Black to go with it.
Go for it!

Reactions: MAPC and vandit
1 - 20 of 25 Posts