Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
1901 - 1920 of 1952 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
not going to happen.
Between regulations . . . trying to get folks (who have never done such stuff) in the shop to do it . . . doing the work out of production order, the ancillary stuff that would have to be removed, reinstalled and placed forever at risk of coming loose or having been reinstalled incorrectly by (see "who has never " above) I wouldn't take their steering column if they offered it. For $500 you can buy a couple shirts and a thermal coffee mug or make a 8% down payment on a headlight replacement.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
603 Posts
I was disappointed to collect my Macan without the electronic steering wheel but I expected Porsche AG or Porsche Canada to let me know it happened, perhaps even apologize and make it right somehow. The fact more than a month later, I still didn’t get an answer or even acknowledgement to my emails is inexcusable. This is not a way to earn brand loyalty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was disappointed to collect my Macan without the electronic steering wheel but I expected Porsche AG or Porsche Canada to let me know it happened, perhaps even apologize and make it right somehow. The fact more than a month later, I still didn’t get an answer or even acknowledgement to my emails is inexcusable. This is not a way to earn brand loyalty.
Totally agree. I think the dealership model just let the brand (Porsche) and dealership play the blame game and leave the consumers in the dust. When I was dealing with the voucher, PCNA told me to ask the dealer and the dealer told me that it's a corporate thing (in fact the dealer told me the voucher can't be applied to the car because the voucher isn't effective till I buy the car)

Now I'm dealing with the amplifier delay and it's been over a month since my car has been delivered to the dealership but can't pick it up. After contacting both sides again it's back to dealer saying Porsche corporate allocate parts and Porsche corporate saying only the dealer knows about the parts...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone have new updates to their delivery dates - delayed, early, or on time?
Got confirmation from my SA my build locked on 4/21…finally. Only 1.5 months later than first expected.

No changes to the expected dates that he last gave me (expected V260 is 5/20, V300 is 6/3, delivery expected early-mid July).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody know if we can install the electric steering column in my 2022 Macan S with premium package plus With the adaptive sport seats +18 way with comfort memory ?
Does it have the proper wiring harness that would accommodate the electric steering column ?

·
Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
1,781 Posts
Porsche has said that they will not be retrofitting the electric steering column on cars built without it. Your best bet would be to ask the parts department what would be required to install it yourself...

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Does anybody know if the electric steering column will be making a comeback for MY2023?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Does anybody know if we can install the electric steering column in my 2022 Macan S with premium package plus With the adaptive sport seats +18 way with comfort memory ?
Does it have the proper wiring harness that would accommodate the electric steering column ?
Better plan on investing at least $3500 to retrofit !

·
Registered
97 Posts
please do create another topic for it and i'll make sure to put an ignore on that....i dont understand why people are so hung up about it....if manual steering column is making someone brand loyal....they are in it for the wrong reasons.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
603 Posts
please do create another topic for it and i'll make sure to put an ignore on that....i dont understand why people are so hung up about it....if manual steering column is making someone brand loyal....they are in it for the wrong reasons.
I feel you are missing the point. It is not about having a manual or electric steering but rather about Porsche selling a premium product for a lot of $$$, deciding to remove some features and never bothering to inform customers. To make it worse, they don't respond to customer and dealer questions. I now question whether PAS components are also missing from my build, and of course, no answer on that either.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Anyone have new updates to their delivery dates - delayed, early, or on time?
Just got an update from my SA that my 22 GTS was due to be built in the second week of April, and because of supply chain issues it's now scheduled to be built next week (second week of May).

Looks like there's about a four week delay at the moment (at least for GTS builds).

1901 - 1920 of 1952 Posts