Porsche Macan Forum banner
701 - 720 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
As the official starter of this thread happy to report my 2021 GTS has finally arrived at my dealer and will be collecting it on Monday. It has been a long journey but sure to be worth it. I will report back with details and pics.
Congrats! What a journey, can’t wait to see all the photos. Don’t forget the interior shots, everyone focuses on the exterior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did he share the German text with you? If yes, post here
No, I was not trying to pin him in a corner... just trying to get some facts, but I realized I was not going to get them. He works for a German company so you know this was not the first time he ever got something in German. Google can translate. I let him tell me about the bose system and the "waiting on a speaker", then I let him know my car has the Bermester system. In the end, it has to be a part issue from everything I have picked up on here. I blame Porsche for not being transparent, but they really don't have to be I guess. Yeah it sucks, but in these times, what can you do but wait? I will post up my car here in Feb. :oops::cry:o_O:cry:

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, I was not trying to pin him in a corner... just trying to get some facts, but I realized I was not going to get them. He works for a German company so you know this was not the first time he ever got something in German. Google can translate. I let him tell me about the bose system and the "waiting on a speaker", then I let him know my car has the Bermester system. In the end, it has to be a part issue from everything I have picked up on here. I blame Porsche for not being transparent, but they really don't have to be I guess. Yeah it sucks, but in these times, what can you do but wait? I will post up my car here in Feb. :oops::cry:o_O:cry:
If your car is still at the port, you should be able to cancel your PECLA delivery and have it sent to your dealer. Even with the part issue, this should result in a faster collection date as PEC only does limited deliveries per day thus the calendar schedule pushes out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If your car is still at the port, you should be able to cancel your PECLA delivery and have it sent to your dealer. Even with the part issue, this should result in a faster collection date as PEC only does limited deliveries per day thus the calendar schedule pushes out.
Well, my dealer is outside of Chicago and I live in Dallas. Not a huge issue. I have already posted that up to my SA to get the details on changing the delivery. I am waiting on that response. I guess it all depends on how long it will sit at the port until released. if it comes out in January, then waiting another few weeks isn't that big of deal.

And congrats on making it to the finish line. Should be the longest Saturday and Sunday of your life :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
We did this, based on our schedule and PEC Atlanta’s schedule, we weren’t going to be able to get down there until the end of January to pick up our GTS. Just got a text from our SA, it should be at the dealer by the end of the month. A solid two months earlier than the PEC Delivery would have been.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A bit off-topic

When/If I get a response from the dealership that my order will be locked in (supposedly I am getting a reminder towards end of this month), is that when the dealership requires the downpayment? Or is it later than that?

I'm trying to time when I should get money out from my stocks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A bit off-topic

When/If I get a response from the dealership that my order will be locked in (supposedly I am getting a reminder towards end of this month), is that when the dealership requires the downpayment? Or is it later than that?

I'm trying to time when I should get money out from my stocks.
I think the norm is to put a deposit down, then you pay for the car apon arrival. no interm payments required.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Feel free to merge this to another thread but I could not find where to post.

Just had my Macan in for a 60k mile service and got a brand spanking new loaner. It was a Macan Base but loaded with 14-way seats and some other nice stuff. When setting up my driving position I noticed the steering wheel adjustment was manual. I immediately thought about the shortage of electronic components for cars. Brought car back once my car was ready and mentioned to my SA and asked how bad are things out there. He said it was really bad.

As for the Macan steering wheel, no matter what seats you order, you will get the manual adjustment steering wheel that will be replaced later once they have parts. He said it is a big job since the entire steering wheel column has to be replaced. Now, here is a crazy one he shared with me. If you order a Macan, be happy you can at least adjust the steering wheel manually. Now, if you order a Cayenne, you are screwed. The Cayennes are being delivered with a steering wheel column with zero adjustments. Once the car is delivered, you have to go to the dealer, sit in the car and they will hook up a computer to your car and adjust the steering wheel for you. Once you find the right position they will then unhook the computer and that is it. You cannot move the steering wheel at all. No up and down, no moving it deeper or closer to you. Nothing. I asked about people like me where my wife’s settings are so different than mine since she is smaller. He smiled and said: you are out of luck.

Next, he said there are no Macans being delivered with Michelin tires. Zero!! Michelin has an emergency supply if you blow a single tire but that is usually a month out but no new cars come with Michelin nor you can buy a set of 4 Michelin tires. 🥴

Anyway, good luck to all of you trying to buy a new car.

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS [PNJ42JT4]
29 Posts
Brief update - found out today my car finished production last week (just got my VIN), will be boarding a ship Dec. 7. Delivery is marked as Feb. 11 so hopefully this date gets moved up!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
——He was not 100% certain as the information was in German

Most odd.

Recalls, for something in Port, are issued by NHTSA not TūV.

There seems to be only 1 posted.

im suspect of omniscient dealers.

I could be wrong. Perhaps cars, in certain states, are subject to German, not American, law.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Are you suggesting they will deliver a car to a customer that lacks factory spec items?

My experience is dated. . . . But, that has always been a HUGE no no.
You probably missed the thread but yes this has been happening for a while now. Cars are being delivered missing parts that were ordered originally and will be replaced once they become available. Mostly seats and steering wheel that needs computer chips are being delivered with manual adjustments vs electronic ones.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Wild . . . . But, ok.

We went through this with motorcycles in 1998 and AT THAT TIME . . . . Based on an old lawsuit (Dodge I think) no manufacturer or dealer could deliver a vehicle that was not 100% factory line setting tick…

That law existed for a very good reason

Scary stuff.

Thank you For setting me straight

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, After a long long long journey, I finally picked my 2021 Chalk GTS w Garnet / Blk interior today and all I can say for the initial moment is it was soooooo worth the wait! I went pretty much "full send" on the GTS'ness both visually and performance and so glad I did. I just cannot wipe the grin off my face when staring at it, haha. I will start a thread with photos, initial review, and details but just wanted to update here as I was one of the original thread starters on the whole delay subject.

For all those waiting...you will totally forget about any delay hurdles you experienced when delivery day comes. :)

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Macan GTS in Gentian Blue
130 Posts
Well, After a long long long journey, I finally picked my 2021 Chalk GTS w Garnet / Blk interior today and all I can say for the initial moment is it was soooooo worth the wait! I went pretty much "full send" on the GTS'ness both visually and performance and so glad I did. I just cannot wipe the grin off my face when staring at it, haha. I will start a thread with photos, initial review, and details but just wanted to update here as I was one of the original thread starters on the whole delay subject.

For all those waiting...you will totally forget about any delay hurdles you experienced when delivery day comes. :)
At least give us a teaser pic or something! Geez. 😂

701 - 720 of 748 Posts