Porsche Macan Forum banner
681 - 700 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Update on my Macan GTS that arrived at port for a few weeks now. The delay is due to Bose. That is a new one, as most delays are due to electric steering column, TPMS, 18-way seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Macan GTS in Gentian Blue
130 Posts
Update on my Macan GTS that arrived at port for a few weeks now. The delay is due to Bose. That is a new one, as most delays are due to electric steering column, TPMS, 18-way seats.

A few pages back @Germany_Macan posted that his MY22 is at the dealership already but on a stop sale due to self-leveling lights and the Bose subwoofer. Subwoofer I believe has arrived and already installed. Maybe a week or two delay for him?

·
Registered
131 Posts
A few pages back @Germany_Macan posted that his MY22 is at the dealership already but on a stop sale due to self-leveling lights and the Bose subwoofer. Subwoofer I believe has arrived and already installed. Maybe a week or two delay for him?
So estimated arrival to dealership is Dec 3, so we shall see if that date come and go. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
211 Posts

Steering column is not delaying vehicles being delivered as the affected ones are arriving with manual adjustments to fitted later with electric. 18 Way seats are not delaying "built" vehicles at ports or dealers. That was only back in July delaying actual production. The Bose is a newer one. This is in the Cayenne as well. In case it is of interest there is a full list of the current Porsche delay issues along with campaign numbers in this video (Macan is at the 7:00 mark).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Steering column is not delaying vehicles being delivered as the affected ones are arriving with manual adjustments to fitted later with electric. 18 Way seats are not delaying "built" vehicles at ports or dealers. That was only back in July delaying actual production. The Bose is a newer one and it's the amplifier. This is in the Cayenne as well. In case it is of interest there is a full list of the current Porsche delay issues along with campaign numbers in this video (Macan is at the 7:00 mark).

Oh nice! I have not been following this thread that closely, but glad there is a one stop shop on info.

The good news is, I did get this last week. No delays on this stablemate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Took 9 seconds to find that there is only 1 recall on the 2021 GTS. It's wither this or someone is pulling your leg.
Yeah, I found that out as well, but it may have taken me 11 seconds as I am a slow on the keyboard. Expounding on that info... It was a software issue on the line that was corrected back in March, so this was not a definitive recall for me since my car was just built in Oct.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah, there is no way that is what is holding the car up at PECLA.
Correct. If it was affected by recall it would not be able to be released to PECLA.

Yeah, I found that out as well, but it may have taken me 11 seconds as I am a slow on the keyboard.
Don't feel bad . . . I did recalls, investigations and federal vehicle performance testing for sport bikes for years.

Some of these current, being built by different people in different places, with different parts at different times concern me. I'm sure they are much better at it now that Harley- Davidson was in 1998.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, there is no way that is what is holding the car up at PECLA.
It is not held up at PECLA, they would not schedule me until the "safety recall" was corrected and it was able to leave the port in Houston. My SA has searched my VIN and has found no recall issue, so both myself and my SA are dumbfounded as to why PECLA is stating such. PECLA did; however, schedule me for Feb. 17 "to give enough time for the vehicle to be corrected and transported to LA". I will be calling PECLA tomorrow to speak directly with someone to get some answers... I do know they are backlogged due to Covid, but 3 months from hitting US soil to delivery is a bit much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, I spoke with PECLA and it may not be a safety recall that is holding my car at the port in Houston... He was not 100% certain as the information was in German. (???) He mentioned the possibility of waiting on a speaker for the bose system, but my car has the Bermester system. He did assure me that the holdup is not due to any damages to the car, so at this point, I will just need to sit back and wait for Feb 17 to come around. It seems that Porsche does not want to be transparent with their customers, so I will be a good little consumer and give them my money once they are ready to take it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So, I spoke with PECLA and it may not be a safety recall that is holding my car at the port in Houston... He was not 100% certain as the information was in German. (???) He mentioned the possibility of waiting on a speaker for the bose system, but my car has the Bermester system. He did assure me that the holdup is not due to any damages to the car, so at this point, I will just need to sit back and wait for Feb 17 to come around. It seems that Porsche does not want to be transparent with their customers, so I will be a good little consumer and give them my money once they are ready to take it.
Did he share the German text with you? If yes, post here

681 - 700 of 748 Posts