Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
223K views 2K replies 305 participants last post by  KM20Turbo 
Update here - GTS (2021) is on Felicity ace on The way to Houston, eventually, via Halifax Nova Scotia and Iā€™m not sure where else. Scheduled to be in Houston October 26. However, scheduled to leave Houston November 26. According to my SA what that has meant in his experience is they sat in Houston waiting for parts that were installed there. He does not know what parts that might be, or even if the delay will necessarily be that long or that short. We shall see. At least Iā€™m on a ship I guess.

There seems to be a lot of variability. For example, it appears that my 2021 GTS will arrive a few weeks prior to one ordered with a lock date two months earlier, and an S ordered after mine has already arrived. I donā€™t know specifics other than the price point is about the same and we both have the package with Bose so that isnā€™t the difference. Of course, who knows when the GTSā€™s will actually show up. Iā€™m just happy its on its way. The dealership currently has something like 3 new cars in total, and its not a small dealer.

So, similar timing on my GTS but no details - ship with the car arrived in Houston 11/4 but is anchored offshore - Porsche computer says 11/26 arrival and 11/26 dealer delivery. Port congestion I assume. We shall seeā€¦.

I ordered ACC. I have had it on other cars for about a decade now. Comes standard on anything other than the cheapest of the cheap autos these days. Rarely use it day to day. But when cruising from Dallas to various places far away, like OK city, Austin, Houston and so on it is quite helpful at reducing the workload and fatigue on a 4 hour (sometimes more) highway trip in traffic. Really a preference. To be fair, I have limited experience with the Porsche version, but it seemed identical to infinity and BMW implementations I am familiar with. Mercedes incorporates an auto drive which is a different beast. iIf you are rarely going to leave your city, and have lots of curvy roads, Maybe pick PTV+ instead for a few hundred more. Or deviated stitching for a few thousand moreā€¦the infinite and expensive options are a blessing and a curse.

Mine has reportedly arrived just now, ahead of schedule . Port of Houston entry now in Dallas. The date in the computer, until today, was the 26th. Nothing missing or non-functional except for the manual steering wheel adjustment. Hope everyone else has a similar experience!

Congratulations! I picked mine up late last week, drove for 2 days with a huge smile, then left townā€¦long planned holiday trip w family. Hated to leave the GTS behind!

no pictures yet, but I can say all electronics fully installed, including power electric steering wheel adjustment, TPMS, and Bose.

last tracking date I was given before it appeared on 11/15 was 11/26. Original date when ordered in June was 11/19.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Here is one at the dealership the day she arrived, shows the red lettering nicely, not so much my sweet full leather interior.
By the way also have Michelin tour HP tires.
It appears I was lucky.
Except for the fact that I was so excited to see the GTS that I got my first speeding ticket in over a decade (like before online driver safety) on my way there.

Who knows what the truth is, but it seems like theyā€™re scrambling. Trying to get the cars built, keep the production line running, build as many as they can build 100% and delivered, those that they canā€™t get 100% trying to finish off as fast as they can. I was one of the lucky ones, ordered in June, delivered close to the target date with no holds or after delivery installs to do. May have gotten lucky, as my car was built October 1, the big fun weekend of Oktoberfest, so maybe everyone was an unusually good mood. Other people have had different experiences and it doesnā€™t seem to have anything to do with exactly what they ordered or when they ordered it. So, maybe not transparent, but maybe also not sure what is happening. Not very German like I know but these are unusual times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.