Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and Im about to pull the trigger on a 2019 Macan S tomorrow, but.....

according to the Porsche dealership in Tysons Corner VA- their 2019 authorizations are done with but they have 2020 authorizations open to customize and purchase for delivery this fall. But the 2020 model hasnt been announced yet correct? Has anyone run into this when trying to spec out a 2019 model recently? Was the salesperson mistaken? Thanks, can't wait to buy one and join the crew.

·
Registered
452 Posts
All I can tell that we ordered our 2016 in April of 2015 and got it in July of 2015 so it would not be right by the new owners of the Macan to get 2019 models since we are already in May. All should be 2020 and if true, this is the right thing to do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum and Im about to pull the trigger on a 2019 Macan S tomorrow, but.....

according to the Porsche dealership in Tysons Corner VA- their 2019 authorizations are done with but they have 2020 authorizations open to customize and purchase for delivery this fall. But the 2020 model hasnt been announced yet correct? Has anyone run into this when trying to spec out a 2019 model recently? Was the salesperson mistaken? Thanks, can't wait to buy one and join the crew.
I ordered an S for my wife over the weekend. My SA put us into a 2020 with a August delivery. Porsche raised the price $800 on the 2020 models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered an S for my wife over the weekend. My SA put us into a 2020 with a August delivery. Porsche raised the price $800 on the 2020 models.
Oh wow, my SA said delivery would be Octoberish. And didnt have any info on the price change. Did yours mention anything about Android Auto coming to the Macan?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What would possess you to think that the 2020's will be here in August when the 2019's are barely being delivered now? Please.!

My build sheet with model year and V200 status. Attached is what would possess me to think the 2020 will be here in August. SA even showed me the projected build date, date to port, and etc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
About this time last year, I built and ordered a Macan GTS. It said '2019' Build on my paperwork. But guess what? It was a 2018 model, delivered September 2018. I stand by my comment. IF THE 2019's are barely being delivered and the factory goes on vacation the end of summer, there is NO chance this will be a 2020 car. Period. Good luck Post the pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
About this time last year, I built and ordered a Macan GTS. It said '2019' Build on my paperwork. But guess what? It was a 2018 model, delivered September 2018. I stand by my comment. IF THE 2019's are barely being delivered and the factory goes on vacation the end of summer, there is NO chance this will be a 2020 car. Period. Good luck Post the pictures when you get it.
My SA specifically stated he had the choice of a 2019 or 2020, he requested the 20. If I wasn’t getting the 2020, then why on my build sheet did the price go up for the S? The 2019 S cost $58,600 while my price for the S is $59,400.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
No idea. SA's lie all the time. The 2019 GTS's and Turbo's will not be out for MONTHS yet. And when they do, they will be 2019's not 2020's. That is for sure. PNA funny that way. There are hundreds if not thousands of un allocated slots for 2019's all across the country. Go online and see for yourself. As someone here stated, they haven't even announced the 2020's yet!! AND here in Socal, many, many base and S models are unsold on lots!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh wow, my SA said delivery would be Octoberish. And didnt have any info on the price change. Did yours mention anything about Android Auto coming to the Macan?
I’m not sure of any changes, I went to dealer expecting a 2019 but got a call back with a 2020 allocation and increase in price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No idea. SA's lie all the time. The 2019 GTS's and Turbo's will not be out for MONTHS yet. And when they do, they will be 2019's not 2020's. That is for sure. PNA funny that way. There are hundreds if not thousands of un allocated slots for 2019's all across the country. Go online and see for yourself. As someone here stated, they haven't even announced the 2020's yet!! AND here in Socal, many, many base and S models are unsold on lots!
Maybe your right, we can only wait and see. Considering I got a few 911’s from him and planning to with future release of 992 GTS. Don’t get why he would lie to me, at least if it isn’t, it will be $800 cheaper.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
That true. I was fully prepared to get a 2019 (glad I didn't as I dont like the rear LED) so I was happy to get the 2018. There should be minimal change between 2019/2020 anyway. Porsche doesn't like change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got back from the dealer with my parents for their Macan S. The salesman indeed said it was a 20 now and the 19s were a short run, also noted the price increase. I believe he had just contacted my dad yesterday saying the 20s had just opened up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That true. I was fully prepared to get a 2019 (glad I didn't as I dont like the rear LED) so I was happy to get the 2018. There should be minimal change between 2019/2020 anyway. Porsche doesn't like change
Isn’t your new car up for sale already? Guess you weren’t that happy.>:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got back from the dealer with my parents for their Macan S. The salesman indeed said it was a 20 now and the 19s were a short run, also noted the price increase. I believe he had just contacted my dad yesterday saying the 20s had just opened up.
This is exactly what my dealer told me.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
REALLY A 'short run'? You junior posters need to settle down. The base Macan's are not even fully delivered yet and S and GTS are months away. Do you think Porsche is NOT going to produce them and move right on to 2020 models? Please. Do your homework and stop listening to dumbbell SA's who have no idea what they are saying. The 2020's haven't even been talked about yet and PNA is taking orders?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts