Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car arrived at the dealership earlier today. Undergoing PDI currently, and then off to detailer for 7-10 days prior to the official delivery! Pretty excited for my mother.

Sounds and looks great. IMO sounds just as good as gen 1 if not better. A few seconds into the start up, the SA turns on PSE (it’s off at initial startup on this video).

Link to video:

Another week and a half!
DC5A631C-B1D4-4A0E-A417-51DAC6D005DD.jpeg 46A0EF9F-C63F-49B5-B326-D2E11E190E3B.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
She looks freaking fabulous! But I am not sure i would have been able to handle getting a taste then having to wait a little over a week to get it. I would want the car NOW!!!!!! But you are very smart to have the detailer take care of it now before you get it.

The sports design mirrors look good with the black on the bottom. I was wondering what they looked like on the car and now I know. I had the normal sports design mirrors on my old one. You are making me wonder if I should switch to the black bottoms.

Enjoy your new beauty when you get her in a week ish

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice, like all the matching black (roof rails, window trim, door handles) !

Much deliberation on the mamba green and sapphire blue, eventually I ended up with the Sblue.

What are you having done (ceramic coating, protection film)?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks pretty darn good. I suspect it will be a looooong week and a half wait. But worth it!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Car arrived at the dealership earlier today. Undergoing PDI currently, and then off to detailer for 7-10 days prior to the official delivery! Pretty excited for my mother.

Sounds and looks great. IMO sounds just as good as gen 1 if not better. A few seconds into the start up, the SA turns on PSE (it’s off at initial startup on this video).

Link to video:

Another week and a half!
View attachment 233039 View attachment 233040
My favourite colour!! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Congrats....looking sharp!

Love the Sport mirrors in gloss black....I ordered those too!

I noticed though Porsche equipped your Macan with Goodyear tires instead of Michelin, bummer. My wife's new 2020 GLC43 coupe came with Goodyear tires as well.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
7-10 days for detailing? :oops: What exactly are you having done in the car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She looks freaking fabulous! But I am not sure i would have been able to handle getting a taste then having to wait a little over a week to get it. I would want the car NOW!!!!!! But you are very smart to have the detailer take care of it now before you get it.

The sports design mirrors look good with the black on the bottom. I was wondering what they looked like on the car and now I know. I had the normal sports design mirrors on my old one. You are making me wonder if I should switch to the black bottoms.

Enjoy your new beauty when you get her in a week ish
Thanks 😊 I'm happy with how the mirrors turned out.

Congrats....looking sharp!

Love the Sport mirrors in gloss black....I ordered those too!

I noticed though Porsche equipped your Macan with Goodyear tires instead of Michelin, bummer. My wife's new 2020 GLC43 coupe came with Goodyear tires as well.
Good eye on the tires. I had actually asked for summer tires - seems like the SA didn't order that properly. Oh well, I guess I get better tire life for the first bit? We'll see how I feel about the tires.

7-10 days for detailing? :oops: What exactly are you having done in the car?
Getting PPF, ceramic coating and tinting. All of that work typically takes 4-5 days anyways but with COVID schedules and less workers that was the estimate I was given (hopefully done earlier than that). Detailer gets the car today so we'll see if any polishing is needed prior to the other work.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Thanks 😊 I'm happy with how the mirrors turned out.

Good eye on the tires. I had actually asked for summer tires - seems like the SA didn't order that properly. Oh well, I guess I get better tire life for the first bit? We'll see how I feel about the tires.

Getting PPF, ceramic coating and tinting. All of that work typically takes 4-5 days anyways but with COVID schedules and less workers that was the estimate I was given (hopefully done earlier than that). Detailer gets the car today so we'll see if any polishing is needed prior to the other work.
Are you getting all those services done at the dealer? At least here in Minneapolis the Porsche dealer uses the company that did those services on my car. They only charge you way more for the same service.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Wait, those Goodyears are all-season tires? The tread pattern looks Summer to me....

I ordered Summer rubber for my 2020 GTS since I already own a set of OEM machined 20" Spyders w/ all-seasons for the Winter....so I'm hoping I get Michelins on my new Macan!

Reactions: John Y

·
Registered
148 Posts

Those are summer tires; Porsche uses more than one supplier and model of tires per car; mine came with Michelin Latitude Sport 3, you have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric “SUV” or something like that. Just look at your window sticker and you’ll confirm that your order was correctly placed. Anyway, I’ve seen plenty of GTS that have come through with that Goodyear as there OEM summer tire. The wide, solid tread blocks, minimal siping and tread pattern also are giveaways that you have a summer tire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't realize they made Goodyears summers - thats annoying, was hoping for Michelin too but when I saw the Goodyears I assumed they were all seasons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you take off the front license bracket, will you see holes drilled on the bumper? Just curious
No idea - don't have the car yet and front license plate mandatory here in Ontario, Canada.

Are you getting all those services done at the dealer? At least here in Minneapolis the Porsche dealer uses the company that did those services on my car. They only charge you way more for the same service.

Getting it done at a local shop. The porsche dealer has not been using quality people for the past few years and supposedly changed to a new person earlier this year but I'd rather go with the tried and true local guy who does Modesta coatings.

·
Registered
2017 Macan S in Sapphire Blue, 2014 Panamera 4S in Dark Blue Metallic
9 Posts
Good call on the blacked out kit. The door handles in black are what really pop to me. Cool stuff.

I have had the Zurich coating (or whatever it's called) on my 2017 for almost 4 years now and it really, I think, protects the shine of the paint. Only caution is that there was overspray of it on the plastic black runner panel on the bottom of the doors, and you can notice the "spatter" after it's washed and clean in good sunlight. Looks like slightly darker plastic spots (like an oil overspray). Not terrible, but noticeable if you look close.

·
Registered
207 Posts
yes, bumperrplugs sells the 'plugs' you'll need
Eww that’s ugly.

speaking of that I was yelping around the other day and saw an owner (of another make and model) filled/repainted the bumper by a mobile repair guy, turned out pretty decent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My mom picked up her car last night. She is super pleased with it! She tells me it will likely be her last new car (I doubt it 😉, haha).

Very impressed with the way the handling, stability and high speeds - first p car. Compared to her SQ5, the build quality and feel is on another level.I feel like I know understand the Porsche trap, will be seriously looking at the sports cars in the near future for my self.

@Jellybean, my mom’s IPhone 11 Pro Max fits snugly in the charger and charges! I think it helped with reception too - although hard to notice objectively.

89DCCBA5-4A10-4640-ACC3-E784D92A22C7.jpeg
5327FAB8-3CFC-4E55-B8F9-6658DBEA4DF2.jpeg
8EEE7CBC-D6DE-4C91-8073-00674EFB0FF7.jpeg
56F0532D-B81D-4715-BFC5-AE1C28B75C28.jpeg
963F045C-6D04-4B01-A7FA-5FFAAD7C8F4B.jpeg

The mamba looks very different in cloudy vs sunny skies. Love it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
YES! Looks great, and is basically what I have on order, I'm so jealous your mom has hers and I still have months to wait. Post some occasional pictures to tide me over, I hope she enjoys the **** out of it. Porsche trap, that is funny...and true.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts