Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my new 2020 GTS yesterday, and overall I find the vehicle is a vast improvement over the MY2018 GTS. Can't wait until the engine is broken-in so I can let the badger out of the bag!

Here is a list of what I feel has been improved on the MY2020:

1) Very little turbo lag from a dead stop in Comfort mode. Overall, responsiveness is better
2) Brake pedal feel is MUCH better, no slop/play whatsoever, and it feels more solid/linear as well. Brake pedal feel and turbo lag were my biggest pet peeves with the MY2018. I can't begin to tell you how much better the brakes feel!
3) Steering feels more weighted, Porsche enthusiasts will be pleased, and I don't think it's just from the smaller diameter GT steering wheel, which BTW I LOVE....but it does feel a bit thinner in my hands than the regular Macan steering wheel
4) Vehicle feels more smooth over the bumps, yet more solid at the same time. Also tracks better at highway speeds. I'm currently riding on Summer tires, which may have something to to with the improved handling
5) LOVE the larger center screen. Light years ahead in function than the older/smaller screen in the MY2018, and the 3D NAV looks really cool!
6) LOVE the ionizer, makes the cabin smell so clean!
7) The rear light bar in back is starting to grow on me, looks really cool at night

The things I don't like about the 2020 GTS so far:

1) Exhaust sound. More raspy and not as deep sounding as the 2018 PSE. Rather disappointing actually
2) The engine doesn't feel as smooth at idle. Maybe because it only had 24 miles on it when I picked it up. Hoping it smooths out after break-in, or when I fill it up next time.
3) Because of the new design of the MY2020 GTS front bumper, there's absolutely no way I can use my CravenSpeed Platypus license plate bracket mounted in the tow hook mount. No matter what orientation I have it in, I keep getting an front right alarm because it's too close to the sensor. I may have to settle for the OEM license plate bracket mounted dead center

Now for the things I feel Porsche was cheap on:

1) Goodyear Tires instead of Michelin. The Goodyear tires though say "Made in Germany".
2) No rubber plug for the trailer hitch....so the salesman just transferred the old rubber plug over from my 2018 (Porsche REALLY wants you to purchase their fancy one I take it). He did the same with the tire stem caps as well, the 2018 had metal black ones....the 2020, plastic.
3) Gas cap is real cheap looking now, may actually spring for the faux aluminum one
4) Same useless one-piece front strut bar as my 2018 had. The MY2017 and earlier came with the better 3 piece strut bar assembly which I later purchased for my 2018....felt it made a slight improvement in steering response too, but unfortunately I can't carry it over to the MY2020 since there's stuff in the way on the driver's side. I'll be selling the OEM three bar front strut assembly soon

Now the pictures:

Premium Member
Congratulations 馃嵕

She looks freaking fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing pictures especially with the cell phone box. I think you said that your cell phone was close to size of mine (Xs max), and you have just helped seal the deal of me adding this to my order. You are giving me a sneak peek into what mine will look like on the inside. I do like how the fire extinguisher 馃Н looks as well hanging out under the seat.

Can鈥檛 wait to read more about how you are liking your new GTS

Registered
Thanks for the comparison between model years. I鈥檓 liking the steering changes but that might be offset by the exhaust. I might have to test drive the updated one soon thanks to you!

Registered
Congratulations! Many many trouble free miles!
So, can you fit your iPhone 11 Pro Max in the wireless charger?

Registered
Love the color scheme. It's funny. It's the same color scheme on the Benz. Q: do you believe the vibration is due to the smaller engine? Probably the same reason for the exhaust sounds.

Re the iPhone, I can fit my 11Pro easily. Keep in mind I use a lightning connector that has a 90 degree offset. Gives you about an extra 1/2" to fit in the console.

Reactions: Masscan

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congratulations! Many many trouble free miles!
So, can you fit your iPhone 11 Pro Max in the wireless charger?
Thanks!

My iPhone is an Xs....not a Max. Here's a couple pictures with it in the center holder. There is a little room to spare length and height wise for a larger phone, but I'm not promising anything.

And as someone has already commented on, the phone does get very warm when in the holder recharging and running an application like Waze for instance.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Love the color scheme. It's funny. It's the same color scheme on the Benz. Q: do you believe the vibration is due to the smaller engine? Probably the same reason for the exhaust sounds.
No vibrations per se, more of a slight roughness at cold idle. Get's better when warmed up. I'm hoping it's just the gas or that the engine is so new....only has 77 miles on it now!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a couple more pictures....I really like the sports mirrors in gloss black....more sporty for sure! I really like how the bottom portion matches the window trim.

Here's a picture of the Macan's new gas cap....feels as cheap as it looks....

New for MY2019/+....aluminum engine brace, and aluminum front lower control arms....

Registered
Beautiful ride, congrats!

Registered
@Masscan, thanks for the photos and in particular the notes on the differences. With the Covid thing out there, I鈥檓 considering adding the ionizer to my build (and besides it adds an extra button!). Hopefully the sound isn鈥檛 too different as that wonderful grumble on start-up is a great way to start even a short drive.

What happened to the 鈥淪port鈥 button?

Lovely car! Well done !!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What happened to the 鈥淪port鈥 button?
New for MY2019+....when you order the Sports Chrono pkg, a rotary wheel switch is added to the steering wheel....

Reactions: ///Bruce

Registered
Looks great, congrats!

Is the last button on the right the ionizer?

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great, congrats!

Is the last button on the right the ionizer?
Yes it is! More buttons for me!

I love the clean smell....

Reactions: Shark

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
One last beauty shot....next on the list is tint on the front door windows and tinted side lights....

Reactions: Shark

Premium Member
Congratulations 馃嵕

She looks freaking fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing pictures especially with the cell phone box. I think you said that your cell phone was close to size of mine (Xs max), and you have just helped seal the deal of me adding this to my order. You are giving me a sneak peek into what mine will look like on the inside. I do like how the fire extinguisher 馃Н looks as well hanging out under the seat.

Can鈥檛 wait to read more about how you are liking your new GTS
Got this cap for my hitch in black, love it!

Registered

Registered
IDK if its just me or did the offroad button and psm button change positions for 2020 model? I recently traded my 2017 macan gts to 2020 macan gts and noticed this...

Registered
Picked up my new 2020 GTS yesterday, and overall I find the vehicle is a vast improvement over the MY2018 GTS. Can't wait until the engine is broken-in so I can let the badger out of the bag!

Here is a list of what I feel has been improved on the MY2020:

1) Very little turbo lag from a dead stop in Comfort mode. Overall, responsiveness is better
2) Brake pedal feel is MUCH better, no slop/play whatsoever, and it feels more solid/linear as well. Brake pedal feel and turbo lag were my biggest pet peeves with the MY2018. I can't begin to tell you how much better the brakes feel!
3) Steering feels more weighted, Porsche enthusiasts will be pleased, and I don't think it's just from the smaller diameter GT steering wheel, which BTW I LOVE....but it does feel a bit thinner in my hands than the regular Macan steering wheel
4) Vehicle feels more smooth over the bumps, yet more solid at the same time. Also tracks better at highway speeds. I'm currently riding on Summer tires, which may have something to to with the improved handling
5) LOVE the larger center screen. Light years ahead in function than the older/smaller screen in the MY2018, and the 3D NAV looks really cool!
6) LOVE the ionizer, makes the cabin smell so clean!
7) The rear light bar in back is starting to grow on me, looks really cool at night

The things I don't like about the 2020 GTS so far:

1) Exhaust sound. More raspy and not as deep sounding as the 2018 PSE. Rather disappointing actually
2) The engine doesn't feel as smooth at idle. Maybe because it only had 24 miles on it when I picked it up. Hoping it smooths out after break-in, or when I fill it up next time.
3) Because of the new design of the MY2020 GTS front bumper, there's absolutely no way I can use my CravenSpeed Platypus license plate bracket mounted in the tow hook mount. No matter what orientation I have it in, I keep getting an front right alarm because it's too close to the sensor. I may have to settle for the OEM license plate bracket mounted dead center

Now for the things I feel Porsche was cheap on:

1) Goodyear Tires instead of Michelin. The Goodyear tires though say "Made in Germany".
2) No rubber plug for the trailer hitch....so the salesman just transferred the old rubber plug over from my 2018 (Porsche REALLY wants you to purchase their fancy one I take it). He did the same with the tire stem caps as well, the 2018 had metal black ones....the 2020, plastic.
3) Gas cap is real cheap looking now, may actually spring for the faux aluminum one
4) Same useless one-piece front strut bar as my 2018 had. The MY2017 and earlier came with the better 3 piece strut bar assembly which I later purchased for my 2018....felt it made a slight improvement in steering response too, but unfortunately I can't carry it over to the MY2020 since there's stuff in the way on the driver's side. I'll be selling the OEM three bar front strut assembly soon

Now the pictures:

View attachment 233324 View attachment 233325 View attachment 233326 View attachment 233327 View attachment 233328
Absolutely stunning - congratulations!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts