Porsche Macan Forum banner

2020 Macan Turbo?

67K views 359 replies 82 participants last post by  l0tusx 
#1 ·
#2 ·
ME Want the new GTS :)

#3 ·
I'll stick with a 2018 red on black turbo for now... Big engine (3.6L) not to be offered again. Unlimited tuning potential. Great resale value. Very distinct front bumper; cannot be mistaken for any other Macan. 400HP/400TQ stock AWD. Throttle drop!

#4 ·
Yes - I'll stick with my '18 Turbo PP

#5 ·
#6 ·
Have a look at the current Cayenne: Base and hybrid: 3.0L Audi turbo engine. S: 2.9L Audi twin-Turbo engine. Turbo and Turbo S hybrid: 4.0L Audi-Porsche twin-turbo engine.

I’m afraid that the only engines Porsche will keep manufacturing by itself are the flat engines, and I agree with you that having an Audi engine fitted on an Audi-VW platform has a damaging effect on bragging rights.

#20 ·
Yet another reason to keep my '15 S with the Porsche sourced and built 3.0 twin turbo 6. I still like the natural not phony piped in growl of my dual exhaust,especially on a cold start up and kicking in boost in a tunnel.

Reactions: kite pilot
#25 ·
I hate to revive an old thread, but I think the article is wrong. I am also shocked that no one else has picked up on it.

The article states that the black car with light camo is the new Turbo, and it is being benchmarked against the prior Turbo (silver car) and GTS (red car).

It seems clear to me that the black car with no camo is the new Turbo (the front matches the spy shots from last November showing the New Turbo tow testing), and this is being benchmarked against the prior Turbo (silver car).

The black one with camo on the front and rear is the new GTS, and this one is being benchmarked against the prior GTS (silver car)!

#26 ·
Has it been confirmed that the 2020 Turbo will use the 2.9L from the Panamera?

I used to be of the mindset "there is no replacement for displacement"... :D

But it's amazing what engine manufacturers are doing these days with small displacement and turbos. I guess we are lucky we still have engines instead of batteries and electric motors.

Reactions: Goodwood
#30 ·
. . . I used to be of the mindset "there is no replacement for displacement"... :D
But it's amazing what engine manufacturers are doing these days with small displacement and turbos. .
I was curious, so I looked it up: Formula 1 engine spec is 1.6L 90° V6, and put out up to 870 hp. Rev "limited" (!) to 15000 rpm, which is down from 2007-2008's 19000.
In baseball vernacular -- Hum-Baby!

#27 ·
My dealer told me that the 2020 Macan Turbo will begin volume manufacturing on "week 45" of this year and first orders may arrive at the end of Q1 2020. I'm in Australia so I'm not sure how different this will be for other regions. No offical comment on the 2.9L motor, however. It's been over 5 years since the Macan Turbo was introduced. I'm wondering if the refreshed GTS will be officially announced at the same time?

#29 ·
I was at my dealer yesterday and inquired about a 2020 Macon Turbo. I currently have a 2016 Macon S with 25,000 miles, yes I am the original owner. When I found out that the Turbo is going to have a 2.9L I looked at the my service guy and what? a turbo with a 2.0L but the S is going to have a 3.0L still. I laughed at him nd said let me get this straight Porsche wants me to pay more for a smaller engine? his response was Yep. To add insult to injury and knows how much I dislike Audi's he said it is an Audi engine. I laughed and jut shook my head.

#32 ·
#34 ·
Finally...reading the article, nice, but not enough to upgrade our 2016 Turbo with 40K miles so will stick to the small screen, regular tail lights, and all lux beige interior that does not exist any more.

Reactions: roule
#46 ·
Could those funny little silver triangles in the very bottom corners of the front bumper, shown in the pictures above, be LED fog lamps ???

#50 ·
If so........just as useless as the current LED fog lamps I have.
LOL - - Agree 100%, Teddis.... if that's what they are, then probly just there for decoration.

In fact, I honestly can't remember having truly effective fog lamps on any car in the past 20 years....

#48 ·
Gotta think the GTS will come in around 400 ponies when its released in late spring, early summer 2020.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.