Porsche Macan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I'm confused if I'm affected by this delay. I live in Canada and mine shipped out already on a ship to Halifax. My dealer hasn't called me about any delays. Was there a cut off period as to when this came into effect? I ordered on September 17th. Car was fully built on October 24th ready for ship out.

Also my ETA at first when I ordered was January delivery but the build got moved up 1 month and my new ETA is December 5th as of about 2 weeks ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I'm confused if I'm affected by this delay. I live in Canada and mine shipped out already on a ship to Halifax. My dealer hasn't called me about any delays. Was there a cut off period as to when this came into effect? I ordered on September 17th. Car was fully built on October 24th ready for ship out.

Also my ETA at first when I ordered was January delivery but the build got moved up 1 month and my new ETA is December 5th as of about 2 weeks ago.
You may want to talk to your dealer on this. My dealer has informed me that the sale release date of the Turbo was pushed back to 4/30/20 and that I would probably not get delivery until May at the earliest. If yours is already on its way then it will probably be held in Port or somewhere until EPA certification is received? I have not seen this in writing, only verbal from my dealer who received notification of the delay from Porsche Canada and that Porsche has offered a $5,000 voucher to customers affected by this delay. I’d be interested to hear what your dealers has to say!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Talked to them today. They are fairly certain that my order is not affected by the delay. Apparently they emailed Porsche HQ and I am not part of the batch. We will see though... My ETA is on time. Also I found out mine isn't on its way but is already in Canada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Talked to them today. They are fairly certain that my order is not affected by the delay. Apparently they emailed Porsche HQ and I am not part of the batch. We will see though... My ETA is on time. Also I found out mine isn't on its way but is already in Canada.
That’s interesting, keep us posted ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Talked to them today. They are fairly certain that my order is not affected by the delay. Apparently they emailed Porsche HQ and I am not part of the batch. We will see though... My ETA is on time. Also I found out mine isn't on its way but is already in Canada.
Is it now going on rail to your dealer? Or semi? Did you ask your dealer?
 

·
Premium Member
Porsche Macan Turbo 2020
Joined
·
47 Posts
Received my Turbo! Will post some pics this week. Coming from a Macan GTS, I am very happy with the upgrade. But it’s a totally different car, for me in a good way, but not for everyone I can imagine. I like the GTS, but did not like the turbo lag (missed power) and I really wanted a custom order. Had the standard audio and now the Burmester for example. The Turbo feels like a much more sophisticated car, effortless power and very smooth. The GTS at times I found a bit childish, making pops and bangs, while not being that fast. The Turbo is quiet, but I like it. It’s not too quiet. I am still taking it slowly of course, but first impression: perfect. Will post a better review after a few weeks. Regarding options, I have the whole list except for ceramic brakes. The surface coated brakes are unbelievable good. My passengers love it, because you can brake like a limo driver but hard (and still smooth) when needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Received my Turbo! Will post some pics this week. Coming from a Macan GTS, I am very happy with the upgrade. But it’s a totally different car, for me in a good way, but not for everyone I can imagine. I like the GTS, but did not like the turbo lag (missed power) and I really wanted a custom order. Had the standard audio and now the Burmester for example. The Turbo feels like a much more sophisticated car, effortless power and very smooth. The GTS at times I found a bit childish, making pops and bangs, while not being that fast. The Turbo is quiet, but I like it. It’s not too quiet. I am still taking it slowly of course, but first impression: perfect. Will post a better review after a few weeks. Regarding options, I have the whole list except for ceramic brakes. The surface coated brakes are unbelievable good. My passengers love it, because you can brake like a limo driver but hard (and still smooth) when needed.
Congratulations!!! Where do you live?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Good to hear! Sounds like it will be worth the wait, mine is expected May or June? Looking forward to more posts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
It's a shame the ones who ordered a 2020 Turbo will be getting them about three months before the 2021 model year vehicles will start to hit the car lots. I really don't see how that $5,000 voucher makes it worth the wait, for almost a year old vehicle. It helps but I would demand more off MSRP or tell Porsche to just keep it. ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
It's a shame the ones who ordered a 2020 Turbo will be getting them about three months before the 2021 model year vehicles will start to hit the car lots. I really don't see how that $5,000 voucher makes it worth the wait, for almost a year old vehicle. It helps but I would demand more off MSRP or tell Porsche to just keep it. ?
Good point, one can only try. Not sure if it's that easy to cancel without penalty ie. down payment? Going to try and talk to Porsche directly and see what they have to say? I think a $10,000 voucher would certainly make it worth the wait but think that is unlikely!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Good point, one can only try. Not sure if it's that easy to cancel without penalty ie. down payment? Going to try and talk to Porsche directly and see what they have to say? I think a $10,000 voucher would certainly make it worth the wait but think that is unlikely!
Deselgate got the VW Group into a pickle and now Porsche is paying their share of the price. You got caught up in it and have to wait for an extremely long period of time which is really unheard of in the automotive industry for a mass produced vehicle. Since you will be getting your Macan towards the end of the model year do you think Kelly Blue Book and the other sites that are used to figure a car's value care if you only had your vehicle around three months before the next years' models started showing up.

Have you talked to your dealership about backing out or getting a 2021 model instead? At least here in the States I don't remember anybody not getting their deposit back when they backed out. Asking for a $10,000 voucher (they were just throwing you a bone with the $5,000 voucher) plus a discount off MSRP would sound fair if having a one year old vehicle after three months is fine with you. Dealerships discount their vehicles like crazy at the end of a model year and $10,000+ off is very easy to find at that time of year on higher priced vehicles, at least where I live.

When the Macan first came out, only the S and Turbo were available. They were released in May 2014 as 2015 models and we had well over a year to enjoy them as a current model. In your case, you will be getting a 2020 model in June 2020 right before the 2021 models are released and you will be taking a big depreciation hit at that time. If you plan to keep your Macan for some time it really doesn't matter, but if you trade vehicles often then it will be felt at trade-in. As I always tell folks, it's your money so do whatever makes you happy!

Just my 2 cents!
 
  • Like
Reactions: synergize

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Deselgate got the VW Group into a pickle and now Porsche is paying their share of the price. You got caught up in it and have to wait for an extremely long period of time which is really unheard of in the automotive industry for a mass produced vehicle. Since you will be getting your Macan towards the end of the model year do you think Kelly Blue Book and the other sites that are used to figure a car's value care if you only had your vehicle around three months before the next years' models started showing up.

Have you talked to your dealership about backing out or getting a 2021 model instead? At least here in the States I don't remember anybody not getting their deposit back when they backed out. Asking for a $10,000 voucher (they were just throwing you a bone with the $5,000 voucher) plus a discount off MSRP would sound fair if having a one year old vehicle after three months is fine with you. Dealerships discount their vehicles like crazy at the end of a model year and $10,000+ off is very easy to find at that time of year on higher priced vehicles, at least where I live.

When the Macan first came out, only the S and Turbo were available. They were released in May 2014 as 2015 models and we had well over a year to enjoy them as a current model. In your case, you will be getting a 2020 model in June 2020 right before the 2021 models are released and you will be taking a big depreciation hit at that time. If you plan to keep your Macan for some time it really doesn't matter, but if you trade vehicles often then it will be felt at trade-in. As I always tell folks, it's your money so do whatever makes you happy!

Just my 2 cents!
very insightful comments, I’m gonna think about these things...I would also add to your thoughts as additional leverage for discounts is that mine is now sitting at a port near SF and is outside in the salty ocean air with only some shrink wrap on windows and paint. Thanks for your time and insight skinsfan!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Is it now going on rail to your dealer? Or semi? Did you ask your dealer?
Not looking good for me. Been at port 1 week now. On administrative hold. They also aren't sure what that means at this point. But I wouldnt be surprised if I'm waiting until may 21 range now... which is unfair. The vehicle will have depreciated 9 months from build date already. Literally paying 120k canadian + 15% tax in BC for a turbo that's already worth 12-15% less on the market instantly for being a year old. Feel like were getting ripped off here. 15% is literally 18.000 less value before I even pick it up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
On a side note. A $5000.00 USD voucher covers nothing. In essence it covers the delay of having to make a customer wait an extra 7 months than they were supposed to. Forget the depreciation of 15% to the vehicle. Technically should get 10-15 % off (depreciation) + the "apology voucher".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
On a side note. A $5000.00 USD voucher covers nothing. In essence it covers the delay of having to make a customer wait an extra 7 months than they were supposed to. Forget the depreciation of 15% to the vehicle. Technically should get 10-15 % off (depreciation) + the "apology voucher".
I just canceled my December delivery, placed new build order for May delivery to avoid these headaches. Ask your SA if you can as well. They had to petition the area rep for an allocation and it was approved last week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Given these delays, what’s a fair discount to seek on a new order now, with delivery “hopefully sometime in May”? I can’t even test drive one of these cars. I see numbers like 10-15% being thrown around in earlier posts, and I’m not seeing discounts anywhere close to that. If I’m going to get a minimal discount, I’m somewhat inclined to just wait and order a ‘21...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Given these delays, what’s a fair discount to seek on a new order now, with delivery “hopefully sometime in May”? I can’t even test drive one of these cars. I see numbers like 10-15% being thrown around in earlier posts, and I’m not seeing discounts anywhere close to that. If I’m going to get a minimal discount, I’m somewhat inclined to just wait and order a ‘21...
Did you have an order locked in already? Did you receive a voucher? If yes to both, I would think you keep you initial discount (maybe ask for little more and see), use the Porsche $5k voucher, and request a May delivery. If you do this, I don’t see the dealers offering too much more as there is no depreciation issue and really just the inconvenience of waiting which Porsche NA is trying to compensate for.

It’s not your dealers fault in reality and your SA may also loose some commissions for loss sales due to these delays as well. Those orders will come in May and they will sell them off the lot if you cancel therefore we don’t have much leverage.

For me, my discount is basically ~4 to 5%, plus Porsche 5K, and I have extra add-ons I asked for like tires and rim painting. So for my particular case, so long as I get my new order in May, not my old order that is at the port just sitting there marinating, I’ll be happy with my current delivery timing.

From what I understand there aren’t that many Turbo allocations right not for dealers either, so discounts won’t be that high regardless, in relation to S models etc.

For what it’s worth, this will be my 5th order I have placed between 911’s or otherwise with Porsche and these delays do happen. Some orders come months sooner and some get delayed, but this is the first time I have seen them send out vouchers.

what dealer are you speaking with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Given these delays, what’s a fair discount to seek on a new order now, with delivery “hopefully sometime in May”? I can’t even test drive one of these cars. I see numbers like 10-15% being thrown around in earlier posts, and I’m not seeing discounts anywhere close to that. If I’m going to get a minimal discount, I’m somewhat inclined to just wait and order a ‘21...
I talked to my dealer and politely made my case for additional discount. He’s going to get back to me. We’ll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Did you have an order locked in already? Did you receive a voucher? If yes to both, I would think you keep you initial discount (maybe ask for little more and see), use the Porsche $5k voucher, and request a May delivery. If you do this, I don’t see the dealers offering too much more as there is no depreciation issue and really just the inconvenience of waiting which Porsche NA is trying to compensate for.

It’s not your dealers fault in reality and your SA may also loose some commissions for loss sales due to these delays as well. Those orders will come in May and they will sell them off the lot if you cancel therefore we don’t have much leverage.

For me, my discount is basically ~4 to 5%, plus Porsche 5K, and I have extra add-ons I asked for like tires and rim painting. So for my particular case, so long as I get my new order in May, not my old order that is at the port just sitting there marinating, I’ll be happy with my current delivery timing.

From what I understand there aren’t that many Turbo allocations right not for dealers either, so discounts won’t be that high regardless, in relation to S models etc.

For what it’s worth, this will be my 5th order I have placed between 911’s or otherwise with Porsche and these delays do happen. Some orders come months sooner and some get delayed, but this is the first time I have seen them send out vouchers.

what dealer are you speaking with?
I’m in Livermore California, where are you?
 
161 - 180 of 362 Posts
Top