Porsche Macan Forum banner

341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations. How long has it been?
Thank you, can't wait to see her! Initial order was in October which arrived in December, but was stuck at port for 4 months given the emissions issue we all know about. Ended up being allowed to grab a Jan build, made a few adjustments and reordered a 2nd build by my same dealer; that build left Germany mid March, and it's here in California now....not that bad to be honest. Will be using my Porsche voucher, that's for sure. Either way, this has been a long haul.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you, can't wait to see her! Initial order was in October which arrived in December, but was stuck at port for 4 months given the emissions issue we all know about. Ended up being allowed to grab a Jan build, made a few adjustments and reordered a 2nd build by my same dealer; that build left Germany mid March, and it's here in California now....not that bad to be honest. Will be using my Porsche voucher, that's for sure. Either way, this has been a long haul.

View attachment 230849
Hey, that's great news! Finally! Can't wait to see your pics. And some lucky person got to buy the first one you spec'd -- did your dealer ever say who bought it? Tell us again what you added or subtracted from your first round.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, that's great news! Finally! Can't wait to see your pics. And some lucky person got to buy the first one you spec'd -- did your dealer ever say who bought it? Tell us again what you added or subtracted from your first round.
Will post pics just as soon as I pick her up! I do know the first order was being processed and released from the docks right around the shelter in place send off for Cal (late March)- I don't know if they sold it or traded it to another dealer, but it's not with them right now....I understand they do not have many Turbo allocations and they don't hold onto these for long. For the 2nd build, I did the same VG color and overall theme/performance options. Most notable changes were that I reduced the Sports Design Pack (front/rear) w/Black painted trim to Sports Design w/o Black painted trim; personal preference, but did not like the black side blades when I saw in person (current Macan GTS is black, so never thought twice about these parts being painted) and was indifferent to painted or exposed black parts on the front fascia, therefore not worth the cost. I also added full leather, surround view cameras, Phone charger pad thing w/o cord, and then Macan Turbo Logo in Satin Black to match the Porsche letters; only high gloss black was available when I first ordered.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo on order
4 Posts
Looks magnificent. We just have to wait for ours.
I look forward to some comments after you have driven it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here she is. Will be swapping tires to All Seasons and then painting rims black. Hope to have back next week and will send pics.

View attachment 230920 View attachment 230921 View attachment 230922 View attachment 230923
Wow! The spyders look so good! Sweet ride for sure. The VG photographs nicely. And is a stunner in person. Great job dj9. And thanks for keeping me up to date over the last year with updates. You helped me get info before my SA had it, and I appreciate that. Good motoring to you sir.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Wow! The spyders look so good! Sweet ride for sure. The VG photographs nicely. And is a stunner in person. Great job dj9. And thanks for keeping me up to date over the last year with updates. You helped me get info before my SA had it, and I appreciate that. Good motoring to you sir.
But he is going to paint these really nice wheels black. IMHO sacrilege.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Much appreciated and thank you- will be headed back soon to pick her up for good.

Always happy to share; best part of these forums is helping each other out.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Enjoy yours and what you build, to each their own friend.

My 911 GTS has black rims too, love them!
Love the Spyders in black!

But he is going to paint these really nice wheels black. IMHO sacrilege.
What does it take to change your mind? How about looking years younger rolling on black wheels? :)

Reactions: dj9

·
Registered
63 Posts
Took a while to have the rims painted with all the shelter in place logistics right now. Picking up tomorrow from the dealer once they detail the car again for delivery, etc....will take better pics then and see how she looks once all clean, shiny, with tire dressing etc, lol.

For now, here is a quick sneak peak the body shop sent me today (inclusive of the All Season tire swap)....again, black/silver is all personal preference, but this was exactly what I had in mind, if not better:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered this vehicle in September 2019. In December Porsche sent me a $5000 credit because the vehicle was going to be delayed until May. I found out recently that it’s now delayed until August. With COVID-19 and emission issues I talked the dealer into another $2500 credit.I should add that list price on this vehicle is $125,000, which adds just about every option available.
I’m just venting on an issue after purchasing seven Porsches in my life, I’m a little bit distressed at this year long delay. Hopefully the vehicle will arrive in August, but I’m not holding my breath

·
Registered
141 Posts
Your not alone, the entire vehicle industry is in quite a pickle. 3-4 months worth of inventory on the lot just sitting there and now having to sell at steep discounts. And customers such as yourself, who want a custom build and can not get it produced because of factory shutdowns and delays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I forgot to add I traded my Panamera 4S when I ordered, so there WAS $82k in equity going back to September. The dealer gave me $60k back because no matter what the status of the dealership is (and Gaudin is big) there is always the possibility of a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, especially in these times, and especially in Las Vegas. To Gaudin's credit they ponied up 60k of my 82k equity.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very strange...I ordered my Macan Turbo 2020 in January of this year. It was suppose to arrive in May but actually came in a month early.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got word the car is on the boat to San Diego. The reason for the $5000 check from Porsche in December changing the delivery the first time to May might be because of parts. I heard there was a parts suppy issue and I pretty much ordered every option, about $40k in options. Then Covid. It should be here by mid to late July.......11 months from ordering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the "positive side" I think I am the last Macan with carbon brakes....I noticed you cannot order carbon brakes on the "build your porsche" site. Whoopee!! (sarcasm)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Took a while to have the rims painted with all the shelter in place logistics right now. Picking up tomorrow from the dealer once they detail the car again for delivery, etc....will take better pics then and see how she looks once all clean, shiny, with tire dressing etc, lol.

For now, here is a quick sneak peak the body shop sent me today (inclusive of the All Season tire swap)....again, black/silver is all personal preference, but this was exactly what I had in mind, if not better:)
View attachment 231496
Nice black on the wheels. We still can't decide if we should paint ours black or not. Here is ours with the same wheels

·
Registered
246 Posts
On the "positive side" I think I am the last Macan with carbon brakes....I noticed you cannot order carbon brakes on the "build your porsche" site. Whoopee!! (sarcasm)
We ordered ours in September of last year and it arrived in April, they would not give us the 5000 credit, all we got was the 2nd year service free. We got PCCB as well. You will luv them! Only negative is the rear caliper are still traditional single piston ones. Plus the option for PCCB was only $4.8K. Just one rotor change of the surface coated ones will cost more than this and they only last 30% longer than the steels but full replacements is like $11K!

341 - 360 of 361 Posts