Porsche Macan Forum banner

301 - 320 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Picked up my car today, 15 miles on the odo. Sounds about right.

Today was a 30 degree cold day in Michigan with light flurries. I had the car delivered with summer tires and, being late in the season, opted not to have a set of winter wheels and tires mounted for what will be 2-3 more weeks.

When I started it, I was happily surprised by the sharp growl from the exhaust. It's what others have said before, the volume isn't loud. The tone is good however. Understated for sure.

Break in is keeping it under 4k revs for first 1-2k miles. Or at the very least not open it up until the engine is plenty warm. Because I drove like Abraham Lincoln for forty miles around town I can't speak to its potential.

The overall feel of the chassis is excellent. Steering is precise. I have the double pane windows for a quieter cabin and wasn't driving with the windows down, but with the radio off I could hear the car. It's not the Quadriffoglio or an AMG, but we already knew that. It feels super solid and is very comfortable in every setting. I have PASM and took the 20s so no surprise.

PCM is taking me some getting used to and I'll have to spend more hours dialing my settings in.

Very happy with the Bose system. It has four broad configurations, each meaningful. Seats are best I've ever sat in.

For me, visibility is very good. I read reviews that took issue there, but I disagree.

For a car that's sat for the better part of 4-5 months somewhere (RI?) it has no tell tale sign that betrays any shortage of quality in engine, ride, exterior or feel. It's absolutely stunning.

For those of you who waited it out, you will be very happy. For those that made other plans, you'll be happy too! Just, happy later.

I'll share more pictures when it's nicer out -- supposed to have some sun this weekend. Build is PLTP77J1. View attachment 229756
What can I say? It's gorgeous! Enjoy in the best of health!

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
266 Posts
A few more impressions:

-The heated/cooled seats, as well as the heated steering wheel are fantastic (I've had both 60 degree days and 38 degree days this week).

-PCM is very good overall, but it would be better if they could have incorporated a scroll wheel someplace (I find I have my eyes off the road longer than I'd like navigating various playlists/songs).

-Surface coated brakes are taking longer to break in that any other breaks I have ever had. I was using them how I normally would (light pressure under most conditions) with great stopping power. However, there were two occasions where I had to break moderately hard from around 50mph and it felt like I suddenly had no breaks at all! Maybe I started glazing the pads? I've since been using more pressure for routine breaking with better results.
:oops:

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
266 Posts
I just posted this under a topic entitled “Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) vs Porsche Extended warranty”

Please share your thoughts and experiences!
(Disclaimer: I neither work for - nor receive any benefit from - GEICO for sharing this. It saved me money on an extended warranty on my last car and I plan to get the coverage on my new Macan)

If your car is less than 15 months old and has less than 15,000 miles, GEICO offers mechanical breakdown insurance that lasts for 7 years or 100,000 miles, which ever comes first. For my 2020 GTS, which is due May 1st, I was quoted $620 per 6 months for auto insurance plus $108 per 6 months ($216/year) for MBI. The downside is that this coverage has to start while your Porsche is still under its manufacture's 4 year warranty, but if you pick it up when your Porsche is, say, 12 months old, then your coverage will overlap for just three years ($648/3 years). For the next three years, as your car goes from four to seven years of age, you will pay another $648 for three more years of MBI. So the effective cost of a 1+3+3 years extended warranty (with a $250 deductible) is ~$1,300, which is much less than a seven year warranty through Porsche.

I share this simply as an option for you to consider. I found out about MBI almost by accident in 2011 when I purchased my BMW and plan to use it on my new Macan. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
63 Posts
For those of you who waited it out, you will be very happy. For those that made other plans, you'll be happy too! Just, happy later.
Congrats!! Looks beautiful and loving the VG; did the same color this time around.

Was emailed today that my build has left Germany and I have the vessel. Looks like the car will be coming end of April, which is a month early.

I also asked if the original order I had back in October, that has been stuck at the Benicia port since Dec had been released (will circle back once he lets me know)- anyone in California receiving your Turbo's yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok cars from port are now at my dealer, may pop in to take a look this weekend unless we are Corona lockdown.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What do you mean? Canada is in North America. We were on standby as well.
I was thinking California EPA when saying that, sorry hah! Also the member I thought received from Canada was actually Australia lol. Reminder to not respond when drinking vino??

Either way glad they are coming finally.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was thinking California EPA when saying that, sorry hah! Also the member I thought received from Canada was actually Australia lol. Reminder to not respond when drinking vino??

Either way glad they are coming finally.
We are subject to all the US state EPA rules since we could potentially drive over the border. My vehicle arrived at the dealer this afternoon but won't be ready until Monday for pick up. They stacked on a $3195 PDI + 595 docu fee and other fees so it ended up hitting $122k canadian + we get taxed 15% tax on anything above $57,999

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
We are subject to all the US state EPA rules since we could potentially drive over the border. My vehicle arrived at the dealer this afternoon but won't be ready until Monday for pick up. They stacked on a $3195 PDI + 595 docu fee and other fees so it ended up hitting $122k canadian + we get taxed 15% tax on anything above $57,999
Do you stick you finger down your throat when you pay that, or is that optional?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats! I’m still waiting for mine. I ordered back in early October and was told to expect delivery late May. As far as I know it has not been built yet and hear that Porsche will/has stop production for two weeks???....Not sure what effect Covid -19 will have on production and delivery considering the situation in the EU at present. When did you order yours?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
266 Posts
Congrats! I’m still waiting for mine. I ordered back in early October and was told to expect delivery late May. As far as I know it has not been built yet and hear that Porsche will/has stop production for two weeks???....Not sure what effect Covid -19 will have on production and delivery considering the situation in the EU at present. When did you order yours?
I reached out to the sales manager Monday when I heard that VW haunted production. I figured Porsche wasn’t too far behind. You’ve just confirmed that. He said nothing has changed with my vehicle to his knowledge.

My concern is that my completed and “ready to ship” GTS would just continue to sit in Leipzig or make it to Emden in time to make the car carrier that is leaving next Friday. I asked if the drop in cars to ship would cause the shipping vessels to hang around until they are full or close to it. Those beasts have to have a minimum cargo count below which it doesn’t make financial sense to share. Nobody knew since we are in uncharted territory.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I doubt any new cars will ship for 2-3 months due to covid 19.

I ordered mine september mid. It arrived in Canada on Nov 13. I picked up Monday this week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hahaha. Me too. I could have used that today. Everyone raves about the smaller diameter wheel it comes on.
Turns out I have heated steering. NO IDEA how or why. And, it's fitted on a standard steering wheel, not the smaller one with the screwed-down aluminum bolsters. Super bonus for me. Did I get a freebie?

301 - 320 of 361 Posts