Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
If June/July and more so August is the new delivery date, I would ask for an aggressive reduction in price as the $5K voucher just isn't cutting it at that point or wait it out for a MY2021 (which I believe would come in October/November after the factory reopens?). Supposed to connect with my SA this week on status of new build timing etc. I'll circle back here on his update regarding the "new" timing as well:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
So do you think this means your initial February delivery for Turbo, now July, means the GTS initial delivery of “summer 2020” will be Jan 2021? Or the Turbo and GTS will be both certified by July?
Honestly I don’t know. The pessimist in me says that a GTS summer 2020 availability quote will end up being a 2021 delivery. I believe that even though the same 2.9 engine from the turbo is going into the GTS, it still is subject to its own certification (and thus, delays)...others on here might have more accurate info!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ll also add that this is my first Porsche. Multiple family members are die hard Porsche buyers and fans, but I must say this has been a poor first experience.

Every time I extricate new info from my SA, the timeline shifts to a later date. Doubly irritating. I can’t entirely blame my SA, I just wish Porsche would be more transparent: the voucher was a surprising gesture, but moving the goal posts constantly makes me think it was to obfuscate a much bigger issue - which warrants more compensation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ll also add that this is my first Porsche. Multiple family members are die hard Porsche buyers and fans, but I must say this has been a poor first experience.
I'm sorry for such a poor experience, I would agree this is deflating. I have ordered prior Porsche's, watched the delivery status, and did the whole tracking of the vessel from Germany to the US to help time pass; generally it's a very pleasant experience. I had situations most recently where my 911 GTS actually came ~2 months earlier than we expected, maybe because it was a manual, not sure lol. The only time I have heard of delays like this were on the Cayenne Diesel (back in 2014 or so when the VW scandal occurred) which was a disaster and people ditched orders.

I'm really not sure what the issue is but clearly this was not planned or expected by Porsche.....it's a mess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm sorry for such a poor experience, I would agree this is deflating. I have ordered prior Porsche's, watched the delivery status, and did the whole tracking of the vessel from Germany to the US to help time pass; generally it's a very pleasant experience. I had situations most recently where my 911 GTS actually came ~2 months earlier than we expected, maybe because it was a manual, not sure lol. The only time I have heard of delays like this were on the Cayenne Diesel (back in 2014 or so when the VW scandal occurred) which was a disaster and people ditched orders.

I'm really not sure what the issue is but clearly this was not planned or expected by Porsche.....it's a mess.
Really appreciate the kind sentiment and the reassurance. I have a strong feeling there’s more to it than emissions payback, my SA a while back mentioned that production is all hands on deck for the Taycan, Porsche can’t afford to fail their first full EV. I get that, but they’d do well to focus on their core customer (or just plan better? Ha!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just talk to the sales manager today and he showed me on his computer that The 2020 Macan turbo is scheduled to be released on March 20

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just talk to the sales manager today and he showed me on his computer that The 2020 Macan turbo is scheduled to be released on March 20
Funny. I mean, cool. I asked my SA Monday what's up with forum buzz about earlier dates. He said there was no new information.

If you saw it, then it's legit. If released March 20, could be at dealers by early April. Happy to look forward to an quicker arrival!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have just been texting with my SA today. Porsche has officially changed sale date from April 30 to March 20. My Turbo is expected on dealer lot April, 10. Good News...I hope

·
Registered
65 Posts
Connected with my SA today. Confirmed his system shows the cars at port say April; however he said you know how that goes and would take that with a grain of salt. As I am leaving my order at port as mentioned, I did confirm my new Feb build date and have an early May delivery for order #2. There is still a chance my new order will be stuck at port as well if the original delay continues past April.

They were only able to petition and get 2 more Turbo allocations (seems they do not get that many Turbo allocations per year). One was my new build in Feb with May delivery, other was a July build with Sept delivery, in which case I would wait for a 2021 at that point.

He did say that Porsche may even delay the 2021 MY designation, which is their election, as they need to help the dealers sell the 2020’s that have been held back.

Fingers cross for all that April holds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have just been texting with my SA today. Porsche has officially changed sale date from April 30 to March 20. My Turbo is expected on dealer lot April, 10. Good News...I hope
Same here. SA advised me today that new date is officially March 20 for sale. Estimate arrival in dealership April 1.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My SA also confirmed March 20. He also said not to be surprised if it gets here earlier. "911 Carreras went from 12/15/2019, to 2/14/2020, and back to 1/20/2020 for on sale dates."

·
Registered
33 Posts
Connected with my SA today. Confirmed his system shows the cars at port say April; however he said you know how that goes and would take that with a grain of salt. As I am leaving my order at port as mentioned, I did confirm my new Feb build date and have an early May delivery for order #2. There is still a chance my new order will be stuck at port as well if the original delay continues past April.

They were only able to petition and get 2 more Turbo allocations (seems they do not get that many Turbo allocations per year). One was my new build in Feb with May delivery, other was a July build with Sept delivery, in which case I would wait for a 2021 at that point.

He did say that Porsche may even delay the 2021 MY designation, which is their election, as they need to help the dealers sell the 2020’s that have been held back.

Fingers cross for all that April holds.
As you have had time to reflect on your build, can you tell us a bit about how you approached it the second time around?

·
Registered
65 Posts
As you have had time to reflect on your build, can you tell us a bit about how you approached it the second time around?
If you are referring to the options I selected, these were essentially the same, however I did add a few more items (nothing major, added surround view cameras and smart phone compartment).

I was never unsatisfied with my first build specs, rather I did not appreciate the car sitting at port for almost 6 months. New build comes on 5/8 if all dates stick with current delays.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are referring to the options I selected, these were essentially the same, however I did add a few more items (nothing major, added surround view cameras and smart phone compartment).

I was never unsatisfied with my first build specs, rather I did not appreciate the car sitting at port for almost 6 months. New build comes on 5/8 if all dates stick with current delays.
It's a gamble, getting a car that's sat for 5 months. There's a few of us that are in that boat, and it'll be interesting to hear what everyone's experience will be as it unfolds. I thought about what you chose to do, and asked myself if I'd change my build. The only thing I would have added was park assist. The build I'm getting is dead on what I want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reactions: seventh_letter

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unfortunately the 2020 Macan Turbo has yet to clear EPA testing/certification so I'm surprised (maybe not) that dealers are giving out arrival dates. There are still loads of them sitting in various US ports just collecting dust.

201 - 220 of 362 Posts