Porsche Macan Forum banner

181 - 200 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Does anyone know if the delay for turbo certification is a “US” delay or just a California delay? Has anyone received a 2020 turbo macan in the US?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Does anyone know if the delay for turbo certification is a “US” delay or just a California delay? Has anyone received a 2020 turbo macan in the US?
I’ll let other chime in but I’m fairly certain this is a US delay, not just state. I also don’t think it’s 100% due to the regulatory process for the new engine (because why would Porsche feel compelled to compensate us for that kind of delay, they haven’t in the past). My SA was speculating that it was due to production ramping on the Taycan in Zuffenhausen, which is causing delays on other model lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
With the Turbo delays and the GTS announcement, im considering switching my build over to a GTS allocation. The engine appears the same on the GTS, and it includes a lot of great options. I configured a GTS and Turbo as close as possible and they are roughly 8k apart. With a tune, it should have the same power capabilities as the Turbo from what i can gather..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Good point on the voucher. I’m around ~3k diff with voucher and MSRP discount- at that delta, rather have the Turbo when I was contemplating this trade as well. Having said that, for those of us with vouchers, one could apply the voucher to the GTS and get an even cheaper build.

Ulitimatey, the new GTS is not much of a jump from my 2018 GTS in my opinion and the GTS “look” is easy to configure on a Turbo. Some will say you can tune the GTS to get to the Turbo hp, but rather go from factory with that price gap (can tune the Turbo as well it one wanted to).

Also curious if the GTS will have the same NA delays.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Also curious if the GTS will have the same NA delays.
Nervous about this as well, but one thing that was strange was the GTS build allocation was actually EARLIER than the Turbo. I had locked in a Turbo allocation many weeks ago, but obviously GTS just because available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
With the Turbo delays and the GTS announcement, im considering switching my build over to a GTS allocation. The engine appears the same on the GTS, and it includes a lot of great options. I configured a GTS and Turbo as close as possible and they are roughly 8k apart. With a tune, it should have the same power capabilities as the Turbo from what i can gather..
I would stick with the turbo rather than going aftermarket to get turbo level power
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Turbo is a better buy. Only 15 hp for the GTS over the S. The voucher cut off was if your car was already built before october 31st I've heard.

GTS should be delayed as well as it's the same engine but a new tune. Which gets new epa ratings and approvals. Remember the cayenne s already has the macan turbos engine and the macan turbo still got delayed due to a different tune and different weight car etc. Lots of variables. Every setup needs it's own separate approval. I doubt the gts will arrive to north Americans until Feb 2021.
 

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
Joined
·
172 Posts
Turbo is a better buy. Only 15 hp for the GTS over the S. The voucher cut off was if your car was already built before october 31st I've heard.

GTS should be delayed as well as it's the same engine but a new tune. Which gets new epa ratings and approvals. Remember the cayenne s already has the macan turbos engine and the macan turbo still got delayed due to a different tune and different weight car etc. Lots of variables. Every setup needs it's own separate approval. I doubt the gts will arrive to north Americans until Feb 2021.
I have an S order waiting in the cloud for a March build, May delivery. My C450 comes off lease June. I could drive the Z4 for a few months if necessary. My S build is very similar to a GTS. Couple of grand more. Resale would more than make that up. My SA has my new GTS build. Waiting until January to see if more clarity develops. But this thread is depressing. Can’t/won’t drive the Z4 past October.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Guys, my SA called me that the status of the cars held at port has changed to March in his system, some guys who have them at port don’t want to wait for a new build are going to take them if this date sticks. I’m still going to pass on mine at port still and jump on my reorder that is coming in May- doesn’t seem right to take the car that has been sitting at port since Dec for my situation. I guess if you don’t mind and have time sensitive reasons no harm taking the order sitting at port.

Just wanted to provide the update....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Guys, my SA called me that the status of the cars held at port has changed to March in his system, some guys who have them at port don’t want to wait for a new build are going to take them if this date sticks. I’m still going to pass on mine at port still and jump on my reorder that is coming in May- doesn’t seem right to take the car that has been sitting at port since Dec for my situation. I guess if you don’t mind and have time sensitive reasons no harm taking the order sitting at port.

Just wanted to provide the update....
Thanks for the update, DJ9. You're getting me info before my SA serves it up! My build is at port, and I was vouchered too. I totally understand why you are opting out of the Port inventory. I'm on the other side of the coin. I'm still on track to receive my turbo when it arrives. At the very least it will be a data point for this forum. I will be happy to share my experience as it unfolds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I'm just going to wait too. 3 months doesn't hurt the car. Not worth waiting longer. I'm at the point I'd rather just take a macan s because I really couldn't care less for waiting anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
To keep everyone in the loop, figured I’d share the latest from my SA. I asked him if there had been any updates from PAG on estimated Macan Turbo delivery now that we’re entering a new year.

As a reminder, I put my deposit down in early October. Initial delivery estimate (before of any PAG communicated delays) was February. After delays were initially communicated, I was told May/June. My SA now tells me latest is Mid-July.

The full text, after I prodded for explanation and also to enquire if GTS would be subject to same issues (tldr: yes, same problem):

“Unfortunately, the dates on the timelines that I forward to you are always subject to change. The delay for your 2020 Macan Turbo us due the certification process for the new model and model year.

You are not alone as this is affecting just about every other client that has ordered the same model.

The Macan GTS will fall under the same timing and same delay as well.

"Porsche is postponing the market introduction of the MY2020 Macan Turbo in North America as it continues to complete its certifications process for this new vehicle. We sincerely regret this previously unforeseen delay. We expect to have further updates in the coming weeks, and your Sales Professional at your local Porsche Dealership will inform you as soon as your vehicle is ready for delivery."”
 

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
Joined
·
172 Posts
The Macan GTS will fall under the same timing and same delay as well.”
So do you think this means your initial February delivery for Turbo, now July, means the GTS initial delivery of “summer 2020” will be Jan 2021? Or the Turbo and GTS will be both certified by July?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
A mid July delivery could well turn into August which will then not be far off the introduction of the 2021 models. We will be getting a one year old car which may hurt the resale value down the road! Should Porsche come up with a better voucher offer??. I also locked in my order back in October with an original estimated delivery late February or early March, which was fine since I only planned on summer use of the Macan. I am seriously considering cancelling my order and revisit a Porsche purchase (or not) in 2021. I don't believe that my Turbo build is in production yet or at least have not heard otherwise!
 
181 - 200 of 362 Posts
Top