Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan S / Volcano Grey / 2-Tone Mojave with Brushed Aluminum / PASM & PTV+ / 20" Spyders
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Newbie here trying to finalize a 2020 Macan S order (or the wife) that locks down on June 10th. I've settled on volcano grey and am struggling with the 20" wheel options - go figure right! Picking out wheels for this car seems like a life altering decision.

Originally I configured it with the 20" high gloss turbo wheels but am realizing those wheels are just not going to work for my wife's tastes - a little too bold. The 20" RS Spyders are where it's at IMO for this particular config, but on the 2020 model you can only order those wheels as accessories in a 20" size as a winter tire package! I don't get that at all, as it's way too nice a wheel for winter use. Yes, you can order the car with 21" Spyders, but I don't want to go that large a rim size.

I found that you can still purchase a 20" RS Spyder summer tire/wheel package for the Gen I Macan, which is 95B-044-622-06. So my "more money than brains" plan is to downshift the configuration to the standard 19" Macan design wheels (use them for winter use) and negotiate in the Gen I Spyder summer package. We'll have 19's for winter and those gorgeous Spyders for summer. Note that I haven't talked to my SA about this yet.

So, any other ideas on how to get to the 20" Spyders on this car? And I'm assuming the Gen I tire/wheel set will have no issues riding in Gen II? My OCD self has compared all the wheel specs on Porsche Tequipment and getporscheparts for Gen I vs II, and I can't find any difference.

Thanks! This forum is an incredible resource that I follow daily. This is our first Porsche purchase and the first in this class of car, and this online community has been invaluable!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I have the 20” Spyders on my Macan and they are indeed gorgeous. Probably the most popular wheel option for the Macan. I would ask your SA if there is anything they can do and maybe get the wheels that comes with your car and swap them with 20” Spyders. The other option is to order your car with the [email protected] Spyder with the winter package, buy AS or summer tires and then buy some other wheels to use the winter tires in the winter. I actually have a completely different set of wheels and tires for the winter myself as I like to keep my Spyders away from salt and snow.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Have you thought about buying new from an online Porsche parts site? This way you could get a new set of 20" Spyders cheaper than from your dealership. You could also keep your eyes open for a set of take-offs on eBay.

If you buy new, of course you would also have to buy TPM sensors, center caps, as well as tires (summer rubber?), then get them mounted/balanced somewhere. I did all that for a set of black 20" Spyders, and the total was like $5,800. The non-black machined 20" Spyders are less money.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S / Volcano Grey / 2-Tone Mojave with Brushed Aluminum / PASM & PTV+ / 20" Spyders
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[Yes, lots of Spyder fans out here. I'm all on board with having a dedicated winter set - have done that in the past with the current SUV. My plan is to, as you said, pitch this to my SA and see what they can do. I may consider the winter wheel Spyder package, depending on what the dealership comes back with.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts