Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Another reason Porsche ought to do something to "express their appreciation" is the fact that people whose delivery dates have been pushed off into mid-summer probably will miss out on deals like the one PFS is offering right now, for 1.95% financing rates for up to 60 months. That one requires delivery to be taken by June 1.
Perhaps you could discuss with your SA? Surely they'd understand given the circumstances....🤔

·
Registered
99 Posts
Perhaps you could discuss with your SA? Surely they'd understand given the circumstances....🤔
Yes, I will approach him on it, thanks - though how understanding he will be is another story, since I think he already feels I’ve gotten “too good” of a deal from them; but who’s fault is that?? 😄

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my '20 GTS in Jan, V250 3/27, V260 4/10. That got moved to 5/8, then 5/16 as of today. Delivery mid August. I cancelled the order and got the first build slot for a '21. They were unwilling to increase my discount an appropriate amount for a '20 delayed into the '21 model year. I think we're both happy as they had a buyer waiting for a '20 GTS and had no allocation available, so he'll (she'll) take my slot.
Here in Europe, model year has traditionally no significance, but the first registration date. What’s the reason for you to do cancel your order? What exactly means 21’ my in a car which is the same in two consecutive years?

My GTS was scheduled to be built in mid July’ 20, delivery late July. Is it a 20 or 21 my?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Here in Europe, model year has traditionally no significance, but the first registration date. What’s the reason for you to do cancel your order? What exactly means 21’ my in a car which is the same in two consecutive years?

My GTS was scheduled to be built in mid July’ 20, delivery late July. Is it a 20 or 21 my?
I could give the smart answer and say the model year change is when Porsche decides to increase the price by 2-3% for the exact same car. 😉 But seriously, in the USA, the model year is designated on all legal documents, including PO, title, registration, and Mfg label (window sticker) required under the Federal Automobile Disclosure Act. I know it doesn't make sense that a '20 MY with exactly the same equipment and miles as a '21 is worth less, but it is. I would have taken the '20, but at an increased discount, which the dealer wasn't willing to do (actually they did agree to a slightly greater discount). My dealer believes all orders for Macans placed in June will be for '21 MY, and all production beyond June will be designated '21. I don't know if that's cast in stone at Porsche however. We'll see. In any case, I'll be getting a '21 at the same % discount I had on the '20.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I could give the smart answer and say the model year change is when Porsche decides to increase the price by 2-3% for the exact same car. 😉 But seriously, in the USA, the model year is designated on all legal documents, including PO, title, registration, and Mfg label (window sticker) required under the Federal Automobile Disclosure Act. I know it doesn't make sense that a '20 MY with exactly the same equipment and miles as a '21 is worth less, but it is. I would have taken the '20, but at an increased discount, which the dealer wasn't willing to do (actually they did agree to a slightly greater discount). My dealer believes all orders for Macans placed in June will be for '21 MY, and all production beyond June will be designated '21. I don't know if that's cast in stone at Porsche however. We'll see. In any case, I'll be getting a '21 at the same % discount I had on the '20.
Sounds like a good deal to me. 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could give the smart answer and say the model year change is when Porsche decides to increase the price by 2-3% for the exact same car. But seriously, in the USA, the model year is designated on all legal documents, including PO, title, registration, and Mfg label (window sticker) required under the Federal Automobile Disclosure Act. I know it doesn't make sense that a '20 MY with exactly the same equipment and miles as a '21 is worth less, but it is. I would have taken the '20, but at an increased discount, which the dealer wasn't willing to do (actually they did agree to a slightly greater discount). My dealer believes all orders for Macans placed in June will be for '21 MY, and all production beyond June will be designated '21. I don't know if that's cast in stone at Porsche however. We'll see. In any case, I'll be getting a '21 at the same % discount I had on the '20.
Thanks, understood.

Then I guess my GTS ordered in February for manufacturing in late Jun'20 was initially a MY'20.

Now with deliveries slipping a couple of months, I guess my unit will be manufactured in Aug'20 at the earliest.. with delivery September/October and might actually be a MY'21..

Just trying to find a positive thing in this mess ;)

I was even thinking about cancelling the order and negotiating a discount on a nice CPO Panamera sport turismo 4s the have in the lot ..

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thanks, understood.

Then I guess my GTS ordered in February for manufacturing in late Jun'20 was initially a MY'20.

Now with deliveries slipping a couple of months, I guess my unit will be manufactured in Aug'20 at the earliest.. with delivery September/October and might actually be a MY'21..

Just trying to find a positive thing in this mess ;)

I was even thinking about cancelling the order and negotiating a discount on a nice CPO Panamera sport turismo 4s the have in the lot ..
I agree, @Sermar, it's been frustrating. I considered cancelling my order for the '20 and taking my chances on finding a '20 GTS or Turbo in inventory in the fall, guessing I could negotiate a 15% discount, at least. But if I couldn't....well then I'm into spring and I start over. Besides, my dealer has been great to work with and I really want to give him the business.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For what it's worth, I made 2 changes to my order today, after hearing last week - or the week before - that my V250 had slipped to 5/15. The changes were accepted today and so far neither the changes nor the re-start of production this morning seem to have made a difference to my schedule, V250 remains the same, as does delivery, still estimated to be 7/31.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
For what it's worth, I made 2 changes to my order today, after hearing last week - or the week before - that my V250 had slipped to 5/15. The changes were accepted today and so far neither the changes nor the re-start of production this morning seem to have made a difference to my schedule, V250 remains the same, as does delivery, still estimated to be 7/31.
What did you change?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I switched back to white, after looking at a couple of dolomite cars on the lot this weekend, and finding that it didn’t quite do it for me. I dropped the f/r heated seat package as I’d sort of forgotten that heated fronts are standard...and heated rear seats is a pure luxury IMO, that will be very rarely used in our car.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
I switched back to white, after looking at a couple of dolomite cars on the lot this weekend, and finding that it didn’t quite do it for me. I dropped the f/r heated seat package as I’d sort of forgotten that heated fronts are standard...and heated rear seats is a pure luxury IMO, that will be very rarely used in our car.
Don’t you want the seat cooling? There is a feature in the app that allows you to cool or heat you Macan at a prescribed time. Not sure if it’s new, but it is to me 😊

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don’t you want the seat cooling? There is a feature in the app that allows you to cool or heat you Macan at a prescribed time. Not sure if it’s new, but it is to me 😊
Vented seats are only available with leather, (and I really would like to keep the leather and Alcantara mix) and only in the higher-end seats: the 14-way, or the 18-way sport seat. I still think about the 18-ways ( I don't need that much adjustability, the thigh extension of the 14-way is the key item I'd like to have, but I do want the more aggressively-bolstered seats which you only get on the 8-way base, or the 18-way) but again, I'd want them with Alcantara...so I'd still be screwed out of the vented seats - which I would like to have. I still have 9 days until the V250 lock...so we'll see.

This is my current configuration: The Porsche Code

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Vented seats are only available with leather, (and I really would like to keep the leather and Alcantara mix) and only in the higher-end seats: the 14-way, or the 18-way sport seat. I still think about the 18-ways ( I don't need that much adjustability, the thigh extension of the 14-way is the key item I'd like to have, but I do want the more aggressively-bolstered seats which you only get on the 8-way base, or the 18-way) but again, I'd want them with Alcantara...so I'd still be screwed out of the vented seats - which I would like to have. I still have 9 days until the V250 lock...so we'll see.

This is my current configuration: The Porsche Code
The 14-way seats were included in my package, so I considered the 18-ways. From what I saw and read, many people find the 18-ways uncomfortable, so I went with the 14-ways and they feel just right to my butt and torso. I can see how any more bolstering could be uncomfortable. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
The 14-way seats were included in my package, so I considered the 18-ways. From what I saw and read, many people find the 18-ways uncomfortable, so I went with the 14-ways and they feel just right to my butt and torso. I can see how any more bolstering could be uncomfortable. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)
Yeah, if you select the PPP, it defaults to the 14-ways, and you can select the 18s. the interesting thing about it is that on the PPP for the pre-facelift GTS, vented seats weren't in the package so you also had the option of sticking with Alcantara on the 18-ways and still getting the package. Apparently modern science has yet to figure out how to effectively perforate Alcantara 😁.

In any case, the 14-ways are certainly comfortable, and the sport seats won't fit everyone, though you can back the bolsters off a little on the 18-ways. But, they fit my weedy frame and I find them supremely supportive in "spirited driving" and still very comfy. I may still opt for the 18-way Alcantara and leather as a stand alone item, but you know how it goes with mission creep when configuring your Porsche...:oops:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, if you select the PPP, it defaults to the 14-ways, and you can select the 18s. the interesting thing about it is that on the PPP for the pre-facelift GTS, vented seats weren't in the package so you also had the option of sticking with Alcantara on the 18-ways and still getting the package. Apparently modern science has yet to figure out how to effectively perforate Alcantara 😁.

In any case, the 14-ways are certainly comfortable, and the sport seats won't fit everyone, though you can back the bolsters off a little on the 18-ways. But, they fit my weedy frame and I find them supremely supportive in "spirited driving" and still very comfy. I may still opt for the 18-way Alcantara and leather as a stand alone item, but you know how it goes with mission creep when configuring your Porsche...:oops:
Well, I guess I'll through in my two cents - I went for the 18-way seats as I love the way they hug my body (tall/slender build), but the 14-way are equally impressive. Funnily enough, I found the 14-way seats (and definitely the 18-way) sportier/more supportive than BMW's sport seats (previous car). Subjectively speaking, I think the base 8-way seats are rubbish. Having said this, it's entirely personal preference (as is the entire specification of your vehicle), so best of luck with your decision!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. Yes, you are right, the air in Leipzig is definitely less salty than in Emden. Hopefully Leipzig is where it is at. Better yet, perhaps it was literally the last one to have been completed and is still sitting inside the factory just off the end of the final assembly line!
Did you get an update? Mine has moved up a week. Now the expected delivery is 8/7. Let’s see what happens.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you get an update? Mine has moved up a week. Now the expected delivery is 8/7. Let’s see what happens.
Better than going the other way. Wonder if they had some cancellations or just guessing better. I’m not going to ask for an update until the end of May. 🤞

·
Registered
280 Posts
Better than going the other way. Wonder if they had some cancellations or just guessing better. I’m not going to ask for an update until the end of May. 🤞
Yep, I'm in the same boat (minus the timeframe). Thankfully, my dealership has been terrific in keeping me updated throughout the process. Thankfully (dare I say), I've got my final exams and assignments due over the coming weeks - more than enough to keep me occupied!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My build was originally February, then became March, then jumped all the way to May, and as of today it is now 6/5. I am not in a huge rush since I'm not doing much driving these days, but I am looking forward to seeing my build in person.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts