Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Macan GTS in very early January, and got a Feb production. Currently the car is resting at the harbor for almost a month with no prediction when or to which boat will it be loaded. Anyone with the same case?

·
Registered
370 Posts
My car was originally due end of March but latest ETA I have is start of May. I have a VIN, so I know build is complete.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
My GTS is still listed as awaiting shipping, which I assume means via train to the Emden port. Since VW just announced they are halting almost all European production, I fear that may effect the rate at which the ships leave port. I assume that the MASSIVE car carriers won’t leave until until they’re at leas X% full. Is this correct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My GTS is still listed as awaiting shipping, which I assume means via train to the Emden port. Since VW just announced they are halting almost all European production, I fear that may effect the rate at which the ships leave port. I assume that the MASSIVE car carriers won’t leave until until they’re at leas X% full. Is this correct?
From what I am seeing ships are still available, and I see at least a few leaving in the past week. Maybe it’s at a lower rate, but you should not worry much.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
From what I am seeing ships are still available, and I see at least a few leaving in the past week. Maybe it’s at a lower rate, but you should not worry much.
Based on my sleuthing, a US-bound car-carrying vessel was schedule to leave Emden yesterday. The next car vessel is scheduled to sail from Emden on the 27th. I hope my car makes that one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on my sleuthing, a US-bound car-carrying vessel was schedule to leave Emden yesterday. The next car vessel is scheduled to sail from Emden on the 27th. I hope my car makes that one.
Finger crossed it will. Just checked the vessel just arrived Bremerhaven, and my car is being loaded. It takes a month to sail to Shanghai. We probably get the car at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Finger crossed it will. Just checked the vessel just arrived Bremerhaven, and my car is being loaded. It takes a month to sail to Shanghai. We probably get the car at the same time.
You’re probably right. Well get our babies around the same time. It is hard for me to imagine a month long voyage across the Atlantic, down the coast, through the canal, up to San Diego and then across the pacific. Sounds more like two months. Fun fact: Bremerhaven is nicknamed BimmerHeaven because that is where most BMWs depart Germany ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You’re probably right. Well get our babies around the same time. It is hard for me to imagine a month long voyage across the Atlantic, down the coast, through the canal, up to San Diego and then across the pacific. Sounds more like two months. Fun fact: Bremerhaven is nicknamed BimmerHeaven because that is where most BMWs depart Germany ?
Dealership signed a 5/15 delivery date on the contract so I assume they should be very confident about the delivery, but that was before the impact of the virus. Bimmerhaven? Does the port staff steal their turning signals?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Dealership signed a 5/15 delivery date on the contract so I assume they should be very confident about the delivery, but that was before the impact of the virus. Bimmerhaven? Does the port staff steal their turning signals?
LOL!!! I think the turn signals are removed at the factory! You remind me of an old joke:

What’s the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
A porcupine has pricks on the OUTSIDE. ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL!!! I think the turn signals are removed at the factory! You remind me of an old joke:

Here comes another one: when you feel useless at your job, remember there are people make a living by installing signal lights for BMW :LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Got this schedule today for my GTS order.

View attachment 229996
@DASGOLFR, I owe you a debt of gratitude! My dealer said they'd keep me informed about the progress of my car, but the most I could get out of them as recently as yesterday was "It is out of production. We don't know when it will ship or if shipping will be delayed due to COVID19." I sent my CA a copy of your status and asked him to send me the equivalent for my car. Well low and behold, my GTS left Emden yesterday on the "Swift Ace" heading first to Davisville, RI, and them to JAXPORT by 4/3/2020. Expected delivery to dealership: 4/17/2020. This is better than the May 1st estimate I was given at contract signing. Now I can obsess about tracking the ship for the next two weeks. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
@DASGOLFR, I owe you a debt of gratitude! My dealer said they'd keep me informed about the progress of my car, but the most I could get out of them as recently as yesterday was "It is out of production. We don't know when it will ship or if shipping will be delayed due to COVID19." I sent my CA a copy of your status and asked him to send me the equivalent for my car. Well low and behold, my GTS left Emden yesterday on the "Swift Ace" heading first to Davisville, RI, and them to JAXPORT by 4/3/2020. Expected delivery to dealership: 4/17/2020. This is better than the May 1st estimate I was given at contract signing. Now I can obsess about tracking the ship for the next two weeks. :D

View attachment 230004
View attachment 230005
Wow. Talk about “just in time”. Lucky you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here comes another one: when you feel useless at your job, remember there are people make a living by installing signal lights for BMW :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I will send you a photo about how the BMW parks downstairs tomorrow

Got this schedule today for my GTS order.

View attachment 229996
I heard that Porsche will suspend d production in the next 2 weeks. I would check with SA for confirmation.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Porsche will suspend d production in the next 2 weeks. I would check with SA for confirmation.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my baby left Emden Wednesday and should be heading out into the Atlantic right about now :cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my baby left Emden Wednesday and should be heading out into the Atlantic right about now :cool:
View attachment 230023
I missed by 2 weeks. I’m sure it will be a lot more. The world is a mess. God help us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I missed by 2 weeks. I’m sure it will be a lot more. The world is a mess. God help us.
The ship that has my GTS now is still parking at Bremerhaven and I suppose it should depart today. As long as the production is done, I do not think it would be delayed by much. I wish the virus will go away soon. I was kept at home in Shanghai for 2 weeks, and was not allowed to go to office in whole February.

·
Registered
280 Posts

View attachment 230004
View attachment 230005
That's ridiculously exciting!! Finished just in time! Unfortunately, mine was due to be built mid-April, so it looks like I'll be in for a lengthy wait. Should have more of an idea in a couple of weeks when the factories are set to re-open. Until then, patience is required!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts