Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long odd story but here goes. I ordered a 2020 Macan GTS as soon as it was announced with my dealer who I have a great relationship with. I had purchased a 18 GTS from him only months earlier and figured I would put mine on swap a lease and hopefully someone would take my relatively attractive lease over.
Of course COVID hit and everything came to a grinding halt but my ordered car still was built and arrived at the dealership early! I asked him to run trade in numbers and they were beyond abysmal so I decided to let my ordered car go to someone else.
Literally one week after the car arrived I got an inquiry from a serious buyer and he came to see my 2018 and was willing to take it. I immediately called my SA to see if the car was still there and he said no sorry, it was sold already but he said let’s put in an order for 2021 for Nov delivery - which is what I did.
I was at the dealer today for the lease buyout as the buyer wanted to buy the car instead of lease and as I was waiting for the buy out and sale paperwork to be completed, another SA who I am friendly with says, “hey you know I almost sold your build!” Confused, he said he pulled out of a deal because the buyer never fully committed so the car is sitting in the back and available.
He asked if I wanted to see it and I did, took a quick test drive and it is now home with me.
Pics to come shortly, a summer storm is brewing outside.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Long odd story but here goes. I ordered a 2020 Macan GTS as soon as it was announced with my dealer who I have a great relationship with. I had purchased a 18 GTS from him only months earlier and figured I would put mine on swap a lease and hopefully someone would take my relatively attractive lease over.
Of course COVID hit and everything came to a grinding halt but my ordered car still was built and arrived at the dealership early! I asked him to run trade in numbers and they were beyond abysmal so I decided to let my ordered car go to someone else.
Literally one week after the car arrived I got an inquiry from a serious buyer and he came to see my 2018 and was willing to take it. I immediately called my SA to see if the car was still there and he said no sorry, it was sold already but he said let’s put in an order for 2021 for Nov delivery - which is what I did.
I was at the dealer today for the lease buyout as the buyer wanted to buy the car instead of lease and as I was waiting for the buy out and sale paperwork to be completed, another SA who I am friendly with says, “hey you know I almost sold your build!” Confused, he said he pulled out of a deal because the buyer never fully committed so the car is sitting in the back and available.
He asked if I wanted to see it and I did, took a quick test drive and it is now home with me.
You should perhaps file your story under Father's Day Presents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words. This is actually my wife's car and it will be her 3rd Macan. It is the perfect car for her, it is the perfect package and her first ordered car. I know she was disappointed when she had to decline it a few weeks ago, but to find out it was available completely unexpectedly was nice surprise for both of us. I'm glad she is able to buy the car she ordered and not wait 5-6 months for another order to arrive.
I will take some photos tomorrow and post them.
Now it's my turn to wait for my ordered rs6 avant, there is so little info on this order it's ridiculous but I am fortunate to have my Panamera to hold me over until it arrives.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What a great story...with a happy ending too!

The Porsche Gods do work in mysterious ways sometimes....;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
How absolutely marvellous - congratulations! What's meant to be, will be!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. This is actually my wife's car and it will be her 3rd Macan. It is the perfect car for her, it is the perfect package and her first ordered car. I know she was disappointed when she had to decline it a few weeks ago, but to find out it was available completely unexpectedly was nice surprise for both of us. I'm glad she is able to buy the car she ordered and not wait 5-6 months for another order to arrive.
I will take some photos tomorrow and post them.
Now it's my turn to wait for my ordered rs6 avant, there is so little info on this order it's ridiculous but I am fortunate to have my Panamera to hold me over until it arrives.
First world problems. :D

Reactions: artee127

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gave the car a clay bar, wash, and a coat of bead maker. I pushed my wife to order the all black look and I think it looks great. The white calipers are really a nice feature as well. She is on the fence about the CF blade but I like it. The weave may be a touch too big but I’m still a fan. Finally the new one light bar design that Porsche has adopted across the lineup looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Gave the car a clay bar, wash, and a coat of bead maker. I pushed my wife to order the all black look and I think it looks great. The white calipers are really a nice feature as well. She is on the fence about the CF blade but I like it. The weave may be a touch too big but I’m still a fan. Finally the new one light bar design that Porsche has adopted across the lineup looks great.
My gosh, it's stunning. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Nice!

Amazing that you 1st SA told you that your ordered car was sold to someone else, w/o checking, when you were ready to buy. That was sloppy! I'd double check any information that SA tells you in the future.

Glad it worked out for you!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats on the car! That's so funny, I think this is the same GTS I saw at Paul Miller being test driven two Saturdays ago.

The guy looked so sad after getting out and went to look at other cars. I wonder if he was the one who dropped the deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the car! That's so funny, I think this is the same GTS I saw at Paul Miller being test driven two Saturdays ago.

The guy looked so sad after getting out and went to look at other cars. I wonder if he was the one who dropped the deal.
Ha! That’s funny. Could’ve been - the timing definitely lines up. Not entirely sure what went wrong but my wife doesn’t care cause she has it now and she is ecstatic!
I tried to talk her into upsizing to a x5m which she considered but she loves what she loves. Of course, I found the perfect spec x5m today nearby but she could care less now.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
What a wonderful ending to your story. This beauty was meant to come home with you and your wife. The carbon fiber side blades i think adds a great touch to your stunning all black. Did you get the black interior as well with carbon fiber? Again congratulations

1 - 17 of 17 Posts