Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I’m use to using my key and turning to on. Wife has new Lexus with this “Entry & Drive” feature like most car now days but certainly not a NEED.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m use to using my key and turning to on. Wife has new Lexus with this “Entry & Drive” feature like most car now days but certainly not a NEED.
I dunno, I’ve gotten pretty spoiled. I’ve got one vehicle without it, and I feel like a Neanderthal having to actually pull out the keyfob every time I drive it. Lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My final build: The Porsche Code

Steven Dooley
Porsche Atlanta Perimeter
Direct 770-234-2080
Fax 678-547-0586
Cell 770-595-4964
www.porscheatlantaperimeter.com

I bought my SE from Steven--he goes the extra mile.

I saw on your build sheet that you have an "8-way" seats--- and I have also heard this repeated on many of the 2020 GTS video reviews. They certainly look like 18-way seats.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Let’s add a little color, red seat belts to match your calibers?
You made the comment “regrets, no regrets” which is very important. Only you can say what you would regret.
Premium package?
Just make sure you won’t regret NOT choosing an option.
PS
Whatever you choose, your going to love it!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I went with 21" Sport Classics because IMO they look great and way easier to clean.

Reactions: mtbikerchi

·
Premium Member
2018 Macan Sport Edition
80 Posts
I went with 21" Sport Classics because IMO they look great and way easier to clean.
Me too. And the car I bought from dealer stock had them spec'd so that made it easier to swallow the extra cost. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I saw on your build sheet that you have an "8-way" seats--- and I have also heard this repeated on many of the 2020 GTS video reviews. They certainly look like 18-way seats.
The GTS gets special seats standard - they are basically the 18-way design, without the adjustable bolsters, leg extension or lumbar adjustment. Also no seat ventilation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The GTS gets special seats standard - they are basically the 18-way design, without the adjustable bolsters, leg extension or lumbar adjustment. Also no seat ventilation.
Thanks-- I knew that Porsche would not something like that slip by- but could not think of another explanation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2020 GTS Order: 20" Black Spyder or upgrade $1K for Silver 21" Spyder?

The Porsche Code

About to order a very base Macan GTS. Due to budget, got about 1K in additional option only.

1) Any input on 20" vs. 21" Spyder would be great. Any regrets vs one or the other.
2) Or should I spend the$1K in option somewhere else?

I'll give details on where and discount once I get all the paperwork finalized by next week. Expected June/July 2020 delivery.

Super thanks.
I have the 20s and am very happy with them. Other than your personal aesthetic preference, there are no positives to goin with the 21s. They will ride harder and harsher, tires will be more expensive, poorer off road performance, and it will be harder to find things like snow chains. Going over a speed bump or small pothole with the 20s is noticeably harder (ie more teeth jarring) than the 19s on my Boxster....Functionally 18s would be better on an SUV.
Can't wait to see photos!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the 20s and am very happy with them. Other than your personal aesthetic preference, there are no positives to goin with the 21s. They will ride harder and harsher, tires will be more expensive, poorer off road performance, and it will be harder to find things like snow chains. Going over a speed bump or small pothole with the 20s is noticeably harder (ie more teeth jarring) than the 19s on my Boxster....Functionally 18s would be better on an SUV.
No positives to 21? Sorry I’d say notably sharper response. I drove both back to back and there’s a clear difference. You can certainly ask whether people need it or the trade offs listed above are worth it. And off road performance? Guessing that’s pretty low on the list of Macan GTS buyers requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Personally, I don’t consider the Macan an SUV. It’s a practical replacement for both my 981 Cayman S and unreliable 5-Series. It goes like stink and can tow my dirt bike. I priced the rear 21s at $375 each. That is even higher than the run-flats on my 535 and is going to hurt when it is time to change them. Still, nothing said Porsche performance quite like low profile tires (and a killer exhaust note)! ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
No positives to 21? Sorry I’d say notably sharper response. I drove both back to back and there’s a clear difference. You can certainly ask whether people need it or the trade offs listed above are worth it. And off road performance? Guessing that’s pretty low on the list of Macan GTS buyers requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd say that off road performance probably ranks higher than those who are using their Macans for a track car (which is the only place that "sharper response" would be of any potential benefit). That being said, I should know better than to put things in absolutes on a car forum...let me rephrase my prior statement to say, "there are NO REAL WORLD positives, other than aesthetics, to putting 21" rims on an SUV"....and yes, I use my Macan off-road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally, I don’t consider the Macan an SUV. It’s a practical replacement for both my 981 Cayman S and unreliable 5-Series. It goes like stink and can tow my dirt bike. I priced the rear 21s at $375 each. That is even higher than the run-flats on my 535 and is going to hurt when it is time to change them. Still, nothing said Porsche performance quite like low profile tires (and a killer exhaust note)! ?
$375!!! Man that hurts!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
$375!!! Man that hurts!!! :eek:
Tell me about it! What’s more, I do not think the GTS can be ordered without performance (I.e., soft) rubber, so they are gonna wear relatively quickly. I suspect the AWD will allow more even wear than staggered tires on a RWD car. We shall see...

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Tell me about it! What’s more, I do not think the GTS can be ordered without performance (I.e., soft) rubber, so they are gonna wear relatively quickly. I suspect the AWD will allow more even wear than staggered tires on a RWD car. We shall see...
FYI... summer tires are made from a harder compound than all season or winters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are only 2 ways to get new Black Spyder wheels: with a new GTS or as an $8k+ set of winter wheel/tires from a dealer. I have a Turbo on order and wish that I could have gotten the Black Spyders but it's never been an option on anything but the GTS. For that reason alone, I think that most people should stick with the standard wheels on GTS's. I think that they hold their value better. Plus you can find other 21" options later much easier than if you get the 21's and decide you wanted the Spyders after all. I have looked so I know. Good Luck!

PS: Nice build however, I think most people that are drawn to the GTS will enjoy PTV and SC package.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts