Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 GTS Order: 20" Black Spyder or upgrade $1K for Silver 21" Spyder?

The Porsche Code

About to order a very base Macan GTS. Due to budget, got about 1K in additional option only.

1) Any input on 20" vs. 21" Spyder would be great. Any regrets vs one or the other.
2) Or should I spend the$1K in option somewhere else?

I'll give details on where and discount once I get all the paperwork finalized by next week. Expected June/July 2020 delivery.

Super thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me personally, I'd rather spend that $1K on some combination of PDLS+, heated seats, and/or ventilated seats. You can always change out wheels later if/when more money becomes available.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wouldn't go for the 21" wheels. I would go with the $0 option on 20'' wheels for GTS, they are fantastic IMO!
Yes, I'd rather spend the money saved on heated seats and heated steering wheel ($530+$280), unless you have in a very warm area.

Also, Porsche Torque Vectoring and Sport Chrono package would've been automatic choices for me. At least the former. I' a sucker for handling, and the torque vectoring would be great add. I know it exceeds your planned cost of options, but you save about $200 by going to the default wheels and adding heated seat+steering. If you can stretch and add the difference for PTV, you'll really enjoy your GTS for many miles to come!

Your build is good though, GTS in itself is a great machine to drive!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
2020 GTS Order: 20" Black Spyder or upgrade $1K for Silver 21" Spyder?

The Porsche Code

About to order a very base Macan GTS. Due to budget, got about 1K in additional option only.

1) Any input on 20" vs. 21" Spyder would be great. Any regrets vs one or the other.
2) Or should I spend the$1K in option somewhere else?

I'll give details on where and discount once I get all the paperwork finalized by next week. Expected June/July 2020 delivery.

Super thanks.
Both wheels would look great, but I prefer the 21' Spyder. By the way, gorgeous specification!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have 20 inch black Spyders on my 2017 GTS. They blend in nice with the rest of the black trim. IMO 21 inch will give you a harsher ride. Go for the heated seats as mentioned above!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I’m looking for past owners opinions with 20” wheels going to 21” and having regrets or no regrets.......and owners going 21 to 20“ wheels and happier Or regrets.

TX too hit for heated seats or heated steering wheels. Not needed or worry about resale. Long term owner here. Definitely wanted ventilated seating but have to upgrade to 14 ways seating option which cost more.

PDLS+ led already included in GTS models.

Maybe keep Black 20” wheels and change color to white metallic option.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Both wheels would look great, but I prefer the 21' Spyder. By the way, gorgeous specification!
Agree with @SJG, both wheels show very well on white, which is still one of the best colors on a Macan, IMO. 20 inch come with all-seasons, unless you specify summers. If you tried and like the 8 way sport seats, I would go w/ the 20 inch and opt for sport chrono, otherwise I would get optional seats. You'll love it however you spec it! BTW, I just ordered a '20 GTS to replace my '17. Dolomite Silver with body colored blades, black roof rails, black leather, black Spyders. Estimated late June arrival.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would definitely get the Sport Chrono (IMO, should've come included with the GTS) and keep the 20" Spyder if you only have 1K left to play. But, if you don't want to go that route, then 2nd option for me is to get the Sports Design mirror and (red or chalk) seat belts to complete your GTS look.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wouldn't go for the 21" wheels. I would go with the $0 option on 20'' wheels for GTS, they are fantastic IMO!
Yes, I'd rather spend the money saved on heated seats and heated steering wheel ($530+$280), unless you have in a very warm area.

Also, Porsche Torque Vectoring and Sport Chrono package would've been automatic choices for me. At least the former. I' a sucker for handling, and the torque vectoring would be great add. I know it exceeds your planned cost of options, but you save about $200 by going to the default wheels and adding heated seat+steering. If you can stretch and add the difference for PTV, you'll really enjoy your GTS for many miles to come!

Your build is good though, GTS in itself is a great machine to drive!!
I'm currently debating whether to order Sport Chrono or not - I had it on my 2018 GTS and:
1) Never used Launch Control
2) Sport+ shifts (up and down) too aggressive for me
3) Never used the Chrono instrument

Leaning to not ordering it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Go with PTV+ (can’t add later). Wheels and sport chrono can be added later.

I had 21 sport classics (summers) and 20 RS Spyders (all season). Just sold the 21. Ride was harsher but biggest factor for me was holding to just one set of wheels (I live in Northern VA - lots of construction/pot holes plus below 40* winters is why I mainly moved on from the 21s with summers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
25 Posts
Thanks guys. I’m looking for past owners opinions with 20” wheels going to 21” and having regrets or no regrets.......and owners going 21 to 20“ wheels and happier Or regrets.

TX too hit for heated seats or heated steering wheels. Not needed or worry about resale. Long term owner here. Definitely wanted ventilated seating but have to upgrade to 14 ways seating option which cost more.

PDLS+ led already included in GTS models.

Maybe keep Black 20” wheels and change color to white metallic option.
I ordered a GTS. PDLS is standard, not PDLS+. I ordered the 21” black rims with the silver outline. To me, it breaks up the 100% black look, but I may be in the minority.
Good luck with your decision. I think you’ll be happy either way

·
Registered
98 Posts
PTV is a must, especially if you drive in rain or snow. It's hard to find all-weather tires for the 21's. The 20's are much more versatile.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
25 Posts
I saw a review that said PTV is better suited for a low sports car. Do you notice a difference? It’s not to late to add to my build

·
Registered
385 Posts
I saw a review that said PTV is better suited for a low sports car. Do you notice a difference? It’s not to late to add to my build
I think torque vectoring is a plus in any vehicle. In tight cornering, when weight transfers to the outside wheel, that’s where you want the power to be going, not to the less loaded, inside wheel.

It’s a shame that Porsche doesn’t include it standard, especially on the GTS.

·
Registered
385 Posts
For the OP, I think 20” wheels are the sweet spot for the Macan. Look appropriately sized in diameter and have the increased width to fit 265/295 tires. I find the 21s to be pushing it a tad (tires become a bit too low profile). Also as mentioned, tire selection is much better with the 20s than the 21s.

As for ride quality, what is the general road condition where you drive? If smooth, either should be fine. If not, 21s might be a bit much (again, tire profile).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Strict budget definitely. Not an iPhone user for pass 10+ year [but heavy APPL investor...lol], thus no CarPlay needed.

I'm not into sound system or sunroof, tight cornering driving, street racing....etc, thus don't need these options.

I just went to your build - you have done quite well exercising restraint with the Porsche ordering system.

One thing - do you have an iPhone? If so, you should really consider adding CarPlay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Strict budget definitely. Not an iPhone user for pass 10+ year [but heavy APPL investor...lol], thus no CarPlay needed.

I'm not into sound system or sunroof, tight cornering driving, street racing....etc, thus don't need these options.
Good for you! Remaining level headed when it comes to options is crucial as it's ridiculously easy to get carried away.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I put my deposit down on a 2020 GTS, I went with the 21" Sports Classic Wheel. Expensive yes but it completes the look in my opinion. To each's own.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts