Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
congrats! Looking good. A ship or two must have hit US ports post-shutdown, because the number of cars listed online at sites like cargurus went from 20-something to 50-something as of a day or two ago....what's your frame of reference/what are you coming from? Let us know your impressions...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Awesome! I'm so jealous!

I have to wait until August for mine....:cry:

Reactions: Lexicon

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks awesome. Really like the clear or grey tail lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats! Looking good. A ship or two must have hit US ports post-shutdown, because the number of cars listed online at sites like cargurus went from 20-something to 50-something as of a day or two ago....what's your frame of reference/what are you coming from? Let us know your impressions...
Mine was apparently completed before production shut down. My SA (who had been furloughed by the dealership along with the rest of the sales staff) only found out it was sitting in port in the US when he came back to work last week. I traded in a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, and already like the Macan much better. It feels more nimble and sporty, and has a smoother ride. I liked the F-Pace, but I love the Macan!

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a similar one arriving soon. Though I fear it's caught in customs. Was due to dealer May 22 - 29, but hasn't shown up yet. It got out before the shutdown, but was routed to Benecia, CA. Has to clear customs (the big variable), and then gets trucked back down to LA. I have no idea when it will arrive at this point.

Livermore, CA? Maybe yours and mine were ship brothers, @Lexicon . Mine was on GLOVIS SUPREME. Do you know which ship yours arrived on? If it was the same one, maybe there's hope for me yet this week!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a similar one arriving soon. Though I fear it's caught in customs. Was due to dealer May 22 - 29, but hasn't shown up yet. It got out before the shutdown, but was routed to Benecia, CA. Has to clear customs (the big variable), and then gets trucked back down to LA. I have no idea when it will arrive at this point.

Livermore, CA? Maybe yours and mine were ship brothers, @Lexicon . Mine was on GLOVIS SUPREME. Do you know which ship yours arrived on? If it was the same one, maybe there's hope for me yet this week!
I don't know which ship mine was on, but it's quite possible that they came in together. Mine arrived at the dealer in Livermore last Wednesday. I hope you get yours soon!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Congratulations she looks just beautiful. I am glad that you are having a blast driving her and figuring it out. I stopped at my local dealer last night and they told me that they haven’t got their new GTS in yet. I am itching to drive a 2020 and compare it to the 2018.

I know that you are going to enjoy every freaking minute you are in her!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Picked it up this morning, and I'm beyond thrilled! The pictures don't do it justice - it's absolutely gorgeous! I had a great time playing with the different modes during the 30-minute drive back from the dealer. Volcano Grey with a black, partial leather interior.

View attachment 231552 View attachment 231553 View attachment 231554
Lexicon,
Fantastic looking car i am sure you will enjoy the heck out of it! Please feel free to contact [email protected] for any questions about an aftermarket mods you would consider making to your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I love my 2018 GTS, but this has me thinking about how much more is packed into the '20 model.
My thoughts exactly. And after looking hard at all the improvements Porsche made in the next generation Macan, I decided to trade in my 2018 GTS for a 2020.

The following improvements & reasons were the most important to me:

1) Reduced turbo lag & more power with the new 2.9L engine ("Hot-V"), and this time the GTS shares the same engine as the Turbo, instead of just a warmed over S motor like back in 2018.

2) Improved tech - New PCM and larger center screen, wireless CarPlay, available option of inductive phone charging in the center console (which I ordered), even has USB-C ports now!

3) Improved handling by means of aluminum lower suspension bits up front (instead of steel), and a redesigned brake pedal (always hated the brake pedal feel of my 2018).

4) And after spending 2 years with my current 2018 GTS, I made sure to equip my 2020 GTS with all the options I should have ordered before, and spec it out exactly how I want it this time around.

Reactions: GLM_PNW

·
Registered
29 Posts
My thoughts exactly. And after looking hard at all the improvements Porsche made in the next generation Macan, I decided to trade in my 2018 GTS for a 2020.

The following improvements & reasons were the most important to me:

1) Reduced turbo lag & more power with the new 2.9L engine ("Hot-V"), and this time the GTS shares the same engine as the Turbo, instead of just a warmed over S motor like back in 2018.

2) Improved tech - New PCM and larger center screen, wireless CarPlay, available option of inductive phone charging in the center console (which I ordered), even has USB-C ports now!

3) Improved handling by means of aluminum lower suspension bits up front (instead of steel), and a redesigned brake pedal (always hated the brake pedal feel of my 2018).

4) And after spending 2 years with my current 2018 GTS, I made sure to equip my 2020 GTS with all the options I should have ordered before, and spec it out exactly how I want it this time around.
That‘s a great-looking car. I think I’d want to see the volcanic gray in person before making the leap. (Only because I had a beautiful black ride before that showed every spec of dust from about 4 minutes after you washed it.) But it’s beautiful. Jealous and trying to figure out how to broach this topic with my wife. :whistle:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts