Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi all, mine is white with luxor beige interior. I had no choice with the outside colour, as I bought it second hand, but I searched until I fund the beige interior, it is stunning, so elegant and sumptuous in the luxor beige. Personally I find black interiors depressing and unimaginative.......the carmine red or sapphire blue will look sensational against the beige interior.....
I test drove a 2018 dark burgundy Macan S and it was beautiful. I also drove a 2018 gray (yawn) turbo with the garnet red on black interior and really liked it. Unfortunately, the turbo sold before I could seal the deal. The car I traded was Carmine and beige. I was hesitant about getting the same, but in the end, that's what I went with. Happy driving!

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
:cool:
I hate black interiors - just saying. Tan would be fantastic. The weird black you are thinking about with the red - well if you ever want to sell your car that may be a problem.
I agree about black interiors. I WAS considering red on black, but thanks (in part) to the exchanges I had on this thread, I locked in the beige:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
That's pretty awesome too !

It's the Unity 3D web pluggin

I FINALLY got it to work! I wish I knew about this plugin when I started configuring my car. I like that it event shows the net that comes with the cargo management system. I made a video of the renderings:

·
Registered
533 Posts
@cdarwinj
Congratulations on your order. That is a great looking Macan. Some of those options were not available when I ordered my GTS, like the Sport Classic wheels in black, the door handles in black and the Mohave Beige interior, which is a totally different color than the original beige. The Sport Classic wheels will be so much easier to clean compared to the RS Spyders, which are a pain. You nailed it, and if I had to order a GTS now, I would order it exactly the way you did. Good luck with the wait, and keep us informed when you receive it.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
@cdarwinj
Congratulations on your order. That is a great looking Macan. Some of those options were not available when I ordered my GTS, like the Sport Classic wheels in black, the door handles in black and the Mohave Beige interior, which is a totally different color than the original beige. The Sport Classic wheels will be so much easier to clean compared to the RS Spyders, which are a pain. You nailed it, and if I had to order a GTS now, I would order it exactly the way you did. Good luck with the wait, and keep us informed when you receive it.
Many thanks! I read that the spider wheels were a pain to clean. Is there some kind of treatment or wax that really helps reduce break dust? Someone on this thread posted a pic of his spiders to show how filthy they can get in a short amount of time.

are you the person who suggested I get the cargo mgmt system? I ended up getting it after watching a couple videos. Porsche only shows part of what is included. I probably had the same beige in my 2016 Cayman as the Mojave to which you are referring. If the Mojave looks better, I am extra psyched!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't know anyway to eliminate the brake dust other than getting the ceramic brakes. You shouldn't have too much of an issue with the Sport Classic wheels but you should get a wheel woolie to clean them and there are some coatings that people have applied to the wheels to make them easier to clean. You can do a search of the Forum.
Yes, I was the one suggesting the cargo management system, and it is by far the best bargain of all the Porsche options as far as price per utility is concerned.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I found an interesting article about vehicle color trends that explains why I had to custom order my Macan GTS. :)

Why are there more black, silver, and white cars out there compared to other colors?
Simple answer: "... dealers long ago figured out that customers were more likely to settle for some “meh” color that they have very little feeling for, than to buy a car in some strong color that they just might not like."

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Late to this thread but as an Italian my opinion about red cars is very unique. If not a Ferrari or a fire truck it shouldn’t be red. :) Again, that is just my opinion. Color combinations are very personal. I would never wear a red, black or purple shirt with a suit and tie. Some people do and they love how it looks. Again, very personal.

Reactions: SJG

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not trying to be argumentative or call anyone out but I really don't understand asking the opinion of people who wont be driving or in the car what color to choose. I can understand asking if one color or another affects resale value or is one color or another more prone to water marks or such. To me, it's like asking perfect strangers what should I eat for dinner tonight. I just don't get it. Maybe someone can explain.

Reactions: grim

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Not trying to be argumentative or call anyone out but I really don't understand asking the opinion of people who wont be driving or in the car what color to choose. I can understand asking if one color or another affects resale value or is one color or another more prone to water marks or such. To me, it's like asking perfect strangers what should I eat for dinner tonight. I just don't get it. Maybe someone can explain.
It never hurts to bounce things off others, especially fellow Macan owners. If you’re on the fence about two colors, input from others can help, but the person asking is just seeking input, not a directive. My car was going to be black until I watched a Nick Murray video.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Late to this thread but as an Italian my opinion about red cars is very unique. If not a Ferrari or a fire truck it shouldn’t be red. :) Again, that is just my opinion. Color combinations are very personal. I would never wear a red, black or purple shirt with a suit and tie. Some people do and they love how it looks. Again, very personal.
Well, that and Ducatis....

(Even tho I’m currently looking at buying a silk white Ducati... I know, sacrilegious...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
It never hurts to bounce things off others, especially fellow Macan owners. If you’re on the fence about two colors, input from others can help, but the person asking is just seeking input, not a directive. My car was going to be black until I watched a Nick Murray video.
How "input from others can help" is exactly what I don't understand. If someone tells me they like Sapphire blue should that some how change my like or dislike for the color?. Murray seems to be overly concerned with how many people tell him they like his color choice or what they will think of him as a "middle aged SUV driver".

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the Carmine Red with the beige interior is great.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
How "input from others can help" is exactly what I don't understand. If someone tells me they like Sapphire blue should that some how change my like or dislike for the color?. Murray seems to be overly concerned with how many people tell him they like his color choice or what they will think of him as a "middle aged SUV driver".
What if that person told you Sapphire Blue was the fastest color (Which is true)?

·
Registered
392 Posts
What if that person told you Sapphire Blue was the fastest color (Which is true)?
Sapphire is one of the few blues that I like. Although not my first choice, for a few tenths off the 0-60 time I could go there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you serious? Please tell how that is so, because it is news to me
Wwahl is actually saying that with a little tongue in cheek. Purple is actually the fastest color but since Porsche does not make a purple Macan it falls to blue the closest in light wave length to purple. It has something to do with how light waves are affected by gravity making blue infinitesimally less affected by the earth's gravity an therefore lighter as compared to other colors (other than purple).

41 - 60 of 66 Posts