Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey guys and gals, Dale just shared pics of his Carmine GTS with a Black & Garnet red interior. Do those of you who felt it might be too much red still feel that way? I’m really diggin’ it!
Well, I think the last thing you said is the key - you really like it. I feel like you’d be bored with the beige.

I’ve tended to be pretty conservative when it comes to car colors (admire the bold ones from afar, but haven’t been able to pull the trigger on one...) but I think that black/red combination does look good. It’s not as much red as I had feared... in a perfect world perhaps only the seat centers, rather than the whole front, would be red, but the door handles and dash edge stitching are nice subtle red accents.

If you like red, which it certainly sounds like you do, go for it.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow, I'm not going to lie, that red on red looks phenomenal. Although, it may irritate me that the exterior and interior reds aren't exactly the same (purely subjective of course). Still, if you love it - go for it!!
You and are think the same in that it might naw at me (slightly) that the reds aren’t identical. I will make a final choice when I go to the dealership this morning and compare a swatch of the red leather to a Carmine panel. Thanks for the feedback! ?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not sure if the red interior will resell as well, although I don't know if you care about that. At least here where I live Porsches with red interiors are usually cheaper pre-owned or pre-configured, compared to more conservative colors, as many people (including me) find them rather garish. I looked at a 911 Turbo S that was white with the red interior and it was extremely heavily discounted, but I still couldn't live with the combination.

I think the most I could put up with would be red stitching, although I don't like it in a Porsche (I sat in a Maserati with black leather and red stitching and it kindof worked). My wife wouldn't though, any red leather or red stitching is a big no-no for her.

Just something to perhaps consider.
Thanks for the reply and perspective. I think the fact that the car is red will limit the pool of potential buyers. I was originally going to get black, but realized that most of the cars in parking lots and on the road are grey, black, or white. I wanted some badass color in my life, so viola!
I admire the guy with the red on black interior. He hadn’t seen it before and just took a leap of faith.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, I think the last thing you said is the key - you really like it. I feel like you’d be bored with the beige.

I’ve tended to be pretty conservative when it comes to car colors (admire the bold ones from afar, but haven’t been able to pull the trigger on one...) but I think that black/red combination does look good. It’s not as much red as I had feared... in a perfect world perhaps only the seat centers, rather than the whole front, would be red, but the door handles and dash edge stitching are nice subtle red accents.

If you like red, which it certainly sounds like you do, go for it.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree that red seat centers might be less of a shock, but when you’re sitting on them, you essentially have a black interior. I will have my final decision locked down this morning thanks to the feedback from you and the others!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was just going to say, when you’re sitting in the car, little of the red will be in your field of view, so the match of shades may not be as huge of an issue.

Also keep in mind how colors shift with the lighting, and the effect of different materials.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm not sure if the red interior will resell as well, although I don't know if you care about that. At least here where I live Porsches with red interiors are usually cheaper pre-owned or pre-configured, compared to more conservative colors, as many people (including me) find them rather garish. I looked at a 911 Turbo S that was white with the red interior and it was extremely heavily discounted, but I still couldn't live with the combination.

I think the most I could put up with would be red stitching, although I don't like it in a Porsche (I sat in a Maserati with black leather and red stitching and it kindof worked). My wife wouldn't though, any red leather or red stitching is a big no-no for her.

Just something to perhaps consider.
I agree with the resale issue with red interiors. As I was looking at Macans for more than a year the red interiors seemed to be on the market longer than other colors. It’s just too much for me.

Reactions: cdarwinj

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
I saw a red on red 911 Turbo S which took so long to sell that they practically gave it away . Then guy who bought it decided to wrap it so the price was that low for him to bite. Granted it wasn't Carmine and garnet . It was guards and Bordeaux (I happen to like both more individually).

Colors are personal . Oddly enough In saw several Cayenne GTS cars years ago with Carmine and Espresso . Those cars sold well and looked better than I thought it would .

My own personal feeling is that a Carmine SUV is the main feature . Anything more than that is overblown to me . That's just me though .

At the end of the day its your car that you have to look at every day . Pick what makes you happy.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I saw a red on red 911 Turbo S which took so long to sell that they practically gave it away . Then guy who bought it decided to wrap it so the price was that low for him to bite. Granted it wasn't Carmine and garnet . It was guards and Bordeaux (I happen to like both more individually).

Colors are personal . Oddly enough In saw several Cayenne GTS cars years ago with Carmine and Espresso . Those cars sold well and looked better than I thought it would .

My own personal feeling is that a Carmine SUV is the main feature . Anything more than that is overblown to me . That's just me though .

At the end of the day its your car that you have to look at every day . Pick what makes you happy.
Thank you for your perspective. I agree that the exterior is the main thing. Plus, when I’m sitting in the seat, the interior is essentially black, unlike my current oyster on black interior (below). Honestly, the anxiety and uncertainty of how the garnet will look has become a bit too much. I’ll go with the beige and be done with it.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was just going to say, when you’re sitting in the car, little of the red will be in your field of view, so the match of shades may not be as huge of an issue.

Also keep in mind how colors shift with the lighting, and the effect of different materials.
Points well taken. If the red disappears when I am sitting and the interior defaults to black, what’s the use. I was noticing my oyster on black interior (below) on the way in this morning and oyster was still apparent with me sitting in it. Looks like beige it will be. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Red on black!

Attachments

Reactions: cdarwinj

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
To each. We're individuals. Each unique from every other. And each have different opinions.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How about this combination ?

Maybe also add garnet red instrument dials and seatbelts.
This looks awesome, but the deviated seating adds $6K to the already high MSRP.
What did you use to render these vehicles? It’s definitely not the Porsche configurator

·
Registered
818 Posts
This looks awesome, but the deviated seating adds $6K to the already high MSRP.
What did you use to render these vehicles? It’s definitely not the Porsche configurator

Hey ! This is the configurator if you use Internet Explorer. There is an extra icon bottom right corner that allows a 360 view. Only then do the seat colours change to what has been selected.

I know this is the most expensive colour option as it requires full leather in black then overlays additional stitching and seat centres.

I got the combination from this video !

Except I can't work out how to get red leather around the gear stick !

It adds way more than $6K here :( (hence lightning bolts)
(I added the garnet red seat belts for extra effect)

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey ! This is the configurator if you use Internet Explorer. There is an extra icon bottom right corner that allows a 360 view. Only then do the seat colours change to what has been selected.

I know this is the most expensive colour option as it requires full leather in black then overlays additional stitching and seat centres.

I got the combination from this video !

Except I can't work out how to get red leather around the gear stick !

It adds way more than $6K here :( (hence lightning bolts)
(I added the garnet red seat belts for extra effect)
Wow, that is so cool! Unfortunately, I don’t see the additional icon. Perhaps you have a plug-in and/or are using Windows 10 instead of 7. I HAVE been using the visualizer app and put my unborn car in the parking lot of my workplace today ?

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all, mine is white with luxor beige interior. I had no choice with the outside colour, as I bought it second hand, but I searched until I fund the beige interior, it is stunning, so elegant and sumptuous in the luxor beige. Personally I find black interiors depressing and unimaginative.......the carmine red or sapphire blue will look sensational against the beige interior.....

21 - 40 of 66 Posts