Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

The freeze date for my GTS order was 5 days ago 2/5/2020, but the dealer says I have until tomorrow, 2/10, to make changes. I was all set on a Saphire Blue exterior with Mojave beige interior until I saw a review of a Macan in Carmine red. My last Porsche was a 2016 Cayman in Carmine Red with beige interior and I loved it! It had a tinge of blue that cooled down the red a tad compared to Guards Red and most other reds on the road.

Here is my quandary... the no brainer interior for CR is all-black, but I think all-black interiors feel too cramped. I test drove a grey Macan with a garnet red-on-black interior and it was badass. Does anybody have experience with CR with a garnet red black interior? I wouldn鈥檛 want them to clash and read a post by someone who said they didn鈥檛 clash. Pics would be great if you have them. Thanks in advance! 馃槉

Registered
I haven't found those colors together yet except on that site. I have black/garnet interior on my '17 Turbo and used that color page to match it to ruby red for painted keys (garnet red not available for those at Suncoast).

Premium Member

Registered

Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
Discussion Starter #8
It would be too much red for me. What about just red stitching with black interior?

Or you could splurge for deviated seat centers, such as this example:

View attachment 229227 View attachment 229226
This interior looks nice! Is the interior black or grey. I too fear that it might be too much red. It MAY also look gorgeous. Not sure I want to take the chance. Also, I鈥檓 already over budget, so deviated seating is not an option 馃檪

Registered
This interior looks nice! Is the interior black or grey. I too fear that it might be too much red. It MAY also look gorgeous. Not sure I want to take the chance. Also, I鈥檓 already over budget, so deviated seating is not an option
Pretty sure it鈥檚 black. That car seems to still be for sale at Manhattan Motors - it was there summer of 2018 when I started my search. Think it was one of those factory demo vehicles with just about every option included.

Registered
Pretty sure it鈥檚 black. That car seems to still be for sale at Manhattan Motors - it was there summer of 2018 when I started my search. Think it was one of those factory demo vehicles with just about every option included.
Yes, that particular Macan has been for sale forever, still at an elevated price point, just wonder how long they want to sit on it, seems silly and certainly does not inspire confidence in the dealership.

Premium Member
Yeah, that one has both, but you could order just the seat centers (which it seems, is actually much less expensive than the stitching).
was playing around with configurator and the deviated seat and stitching package ($6000) is only $2500? More expensive than the GTS interior package due to the ability to select The premium package with the dev package and not the GTS package. Would rather have that than the GTS package

Registered
Yes, that particular Macan has been for sale forever, still at an elevated price point, just wonder how long they want to sit on it, seems silly and certainly does not inspire confidence in the dealership.
Manhattan is a large dealership. Guess they can hold it forever until they find a sucker to pay top dollar for it.

South Shore had a CPO Mamba Green Macan Turbo for a long time but one of the service guys told me Porsche North America actually owned that car and had set the price. Supposedly it was ordered by an exec who was in the states for a while and the dealership got it to sell for them when he went back to Germany.

Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
Discussion Starter #14
was playing around with configurator and the deviated seat and stitching package ($6000) is only $2500? More expensive than the GTS interior package due to the ability to select The premium package with the dev package and not the GTS package. Would rather have that than the GTS package
Hey there. Thanks for the research!!! Switching colors from sapphire metallic to Carmine red was a net $2,500 increase, so I鈥檓 already being a bad boy and going over budget (doesn鈥檛 everyone when it comes to these cars?!!), so another $2,500 is out of the question.
Search as I may, I couldn鈥檛 find a pic of the interior and exterior combo I wanted. I did find the pics below of the Mohave beige. That is a pretty and safe bet, so I鈥檓 going to go with that. I am also going to swing by the dealership tomorrow morning to look at a sample panel of the Carmine red next to a swatch of the garnet red just to see if the two colors are hot together. 馃槈

Registered
@cdarwinj
I have a 2017 Carmine Red GTS with the garnet and black interior and I love the combination. Everyone who has seen it in person, has really liked it. The black is the predominant color of the interior with just the right amount of red accents. The red is on the front of all the seats and on the arm rests. There is also red stitching along the top front edge of the leather dash. I would highly recommend this color combination as it really stands out compared to the normal Macans. The red color in photos does not always give a true indication of the actual red color in the interior, so I would highly recommend trying to see it in person. I have included a link to one of my previous posts, which shows some of the photos. If you would like I could take some additional shots.

Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
Discussion Starter #16
@cdarwinj
I have a 2017 Carmine Red GTS with the garnet and black interior and I love the combination. Everyone who has seen it in person, has really liked it. The black is the predominant color of the interior with just the right amount of red accents. The red is on the front of all the seats and on the arm rests. There is also red stitching along the top front edge of the leather dash. I would highly recommend this color combination as it really stands out compared to the normal Macans. The red color in photos does not always give a true indication of the actual red color in the interior, so I would highly recommend trying to see it in person. I have included a link to one of my previous posts, which shows some of the photos. If you would like I could take some additional shots.

You are a lifesaver! Thank you for sharing pics of your BEAUTIFUL car. While the two colors are indeed different, they do not appear to clash. Do you ever feel like it鈥檚 too much red? I know the all garnet interior would feel that way, but the black interior with garnet red accents seems like a good change from an all black interior.
If you get a chance in the morning please lower all the window And take a pic showing the Carmine exterior against the garnet headrests and seatbacks. That will seal the deal with my SA just in time for the real build freeze. Many thanks!

Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys and gals, Dale just shared pics of his Carmine GTS with a Black & Garnet red interior. Do those of you who felt it might be too much red still feel that way? I鈥檓 really diggin鈥 it! 馃槉

Registered
Very personal choice. Question is how do you like it?

If it was my car I would get the beige interior or maybe the black. But it's not my car - it's yours. I certainly don't think the combination will make the car had to sell in the future, so if you like it go for it.

Registered
I'm not sure if the red interior will resell as well, although I don't know if you care about that. At least here where I live Porsches with red interiors are usually cheaper pre-owned or pre-configured, compared to more conservative colors, as many people (including me) find them rather garish. I looked at a 911 Turbo S that was white with the red interior and it was extremely heavily discounted, but I still couldn't live with the combination.

I think the most I could put up with would be red stitching, although I don't like it in a Porsche (I sat in a Maserati with black leather and red stitching and it kindof worked). My wife wouldn't though, any red leather or red stitching is a big no-no for her.

Just something to perhaps consider.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts