Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the online configurator, is the Trailer Hitch not available on the base Macan and only for Macan S and higher?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok. . . . That‘s odd,

I looked and you are correct. It shows on the S, but not on the Base.
I suspect error on configuration. Check with dealer.

i ordered hitch and love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Confirmed with my SA: Trailer Hitch is not an option for Base 2021's, only available on Macan S and up.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good to know .... makes ordering easy ..... hitch is a must have.
We have an 18' foot fishing boat which, when on the trailer and being towed, would dwarf the size of a Macan. Even though the boat weighs only about 2,800 lbs. loaded, which the Macan could handle OK, it would simply not be a 'good look' when being towed, so I passed on the hitch option. Whenever we do take the boat out we'll use our Audi Q7, which has a towing capability of more than twice the weight of what's needed.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
We have an 18' foot fishing boat which, when on the trailer and being towed, would dwarf the size of a Macan. Even though the boat weighs only about 2,800 lbs. loaded, which the Macan could handle OK, it would simply not be a 'good look' when being towed, so I passed on the hitch option. Whenever we do take the boat out we'll use our Audi Q7, which has a towing capability of more than twice the weight of what's needed.
If it was me I would have gotten the hitch just to back up the Audi program. Sell the Audi and there where are you? You can't even move the boat around the driveway.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If it was me I would have gotten the hitch just to back up the Audi program. Sell the Audi and there where are you? You can't even move the boat around the driveway.
Audi is new and have no plans to replace. We are retired and hope to keep the Q7 long term. It's a great level highway ride (with air suspension) and it rides like nothing's behind it's being towed. So no need to change anything, at least for the time being.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Audi is new and have no plans to replace. We are retired and hope to keep the Q7 long term. It's a great level highway ride (with air suspension) and it rides like nothing's behind it's being towed. So no need to change anything, at least for the time being.
Just saying, insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts