Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I have it fully working.

Don’t plug in the phone, once you pair the iPhone it will ask if you want CP, say yes. Then open device manager in settings and tap the CP icon under link. That did it for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there- Thank you so much for posting- can you help me out with where to find the
"Then open device manager in settings and tap the CP icon under link." and how to set it up after the iPhone pair. Really appreciate it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there- Thank you so much for posting- can you help me out with where to find the
"Then open device manager in settings and tap the CP icon under link." and how to set it up after the iPhone pair. Really appreciate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How are you connecting the phone to the car? Via WiFi? I’ve tried connecting with WiFi and CarPlay does not show up as an option

·
Registered
74 Posts
here's what I did:

1. connect phone first via usb cable. Make sure apple carplay works there. if not, then you have to enable carplay on your iphone. (under general/settings).
2. unplug phone. switch car ignition off then back on.
3. make sure your car is putting up a wifi hotspot by checking the wifi options under the "phone" menu. the hotspot will have "porsche" somewhere in its ssid.
4. make sure your phone is connected to that specific hotspot. you may have to enter the password.
5. go into device settings on the car and turn off all bluetooth connectivity between your phone and the vehicle (icons should convert to green icon that looks like a "c" with a play symbol (like ">") in it.
6. wireless carplay should be enabled.

bottom line. your iphone cannot be allowed to connect to the car using bluetooth. it must be forced to use wifi.

as far as i know, there is no documentation of this functionality anywhere officially.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yup, wireless CarPlay runs on Wi-Fi. I don't have our 19 Macan yet, but I have a couple experiences with after market head unit with wireless CarPlay for my current cars. The head unit that support wireless CarPlay will have their own local Wi-Fi signal for your iPhone to connect to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yup, wireless CarPlay runs on Wi-Fi. I don't have our 19 Macan yet, but I have a couple experiences with after market head unit with wireless CarPlay for my current cars. The head unit that support wireless CarPlay will have their own local Wi-Fi signal for your iPhone to connect to.
I notice I have a “regular” and 5g wifi network coming from the car. I have carplay working without issue connecting to either. Neither seems to work for my wireless internet hotspot, though. All appears connected, data plan is rstablished. No internet on my phone when I connect to the wifi. Very curious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Dday,

I tried your procedure and had no luck. Bluetooth is disconnected and phone is connected to the car’s hotspot. All other “apps” work in Porsche connect but the CarPlay icon is gray. When we click on it, it just says to connect a phone to usb or WiFi to use or something like that. Even though it is. Any additional steps or comments that can get us on the right path? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can confirm Wireless CarPlay works on my 2019 S, has to be on Wifi for sure.
Can you confirm the steps you followed? I can connect to the car’s hotspot, confirm the connection to it by going into WiFi and clicking on “show connected devices.” However, when i click on the CarPlay icon it says connect phone to usb or WiFi to use smartphone integration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m having the same problem. I’m connected to WiFi but am not seeing the car play icon. Do you have to be set up with Porsche connect and or have a SIM card in the car to get it to work?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Make sure your phone is compatible and car play is enabled on the phone. Car play is an option. If you didn't order it, you car won't be able to use it. It's part of both premium packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the response. It’s an iPhone X and compatible of course. Car play works fine via usb. It’s the WiFi part we’re having issues with.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
30 Participants
[email protected]
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing