Porsche Macan Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1580 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
EPA Approval Delay for Macan S

Got this from my SA:

Due to the EPA, the approval for the new Macan S platform isn’t expected until November. This now means that the Macan S cannot be sold in the US until later in November.

Porsche is well aware of this and they will extend all current Porsche leases until the Macan S can be delivered. Please call Porsche and they will set this up with you on a month by month basis. Porsche Financial Services will require a code for your ordered Macan S

·
Registered
272 Posts
Got this from my SA:

Due to the EPA, the approval for the new Macan S platform isn’t expected until November. This now means that the Macan S cannot be sold in the US until later in November.

Porsche is well aware of this and they will extend all current Porsche leases until the Macan S can be delivered. Please call Porsche and they will set this up with you on a month by month basis. Porsche Financial Services will require a code for your ordered Macan S
Ah how nice of them to do that :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Been in Pfaff Porsche today trying to finalise my 2019 Macan S order and asked my sales guy if there are any rumours about GTS and Turbo, well, you can believe it or not, no good news - "the new Turbo" is expected in Q1/2020 and "the new GTS" sometime after that.
Good news for existing GTS owners vis a vis their car values.

·
Registered
119 Posts
UPDATE!

Macan S official on-sale date updated to May 29th, 2019 today!
This is fantastic news! Haven’t heard from my SA yet, but I will check in with her tomorrow. This will be huge for me since the delay was going to be a huge hassle with my SQ5 lease.

Thanks so much for the update!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Glad they got this all sorted for the S crowd.

Reactions: Casper Harrington

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yep - received my call today from my SA. She said they received an email from PCNA advising the new May date. When I asked about EPA/CARB she said this new date includes certification. But in the same breath she warned that she’ll believe it when she sees it.

In any case, super pumped it’s a possibility the timing works out for my SQ5 lease to end in July and my new S to arrive at the end of June (begins production 03APR).

So appreciative of all the early notifications from this forum! You guys are faster than my dealer. Haha

Casper

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
They had a new S in Miami Blue on the Porsche booth at the Geneva motor show. Quite nice, although I still have mixed feelings about the light bar. I think it looks good on the Cayenne, but on the Macan... not sure yet.

The new PCM screen looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Black door handles

these are painted gloss black, but I hear you. It's a custom item that adds some uniqueness to the vehicle, and I personally loved the black handles on the Carmine Red GTS I test drove before I got my black Turbo. I would check the box on my next Carmine Red Macan (coming in 2020)
I personally think the black door handles look great on a lighter colored car. Kinda went down the black extras rabbit hole. Here is my order: PKBDYYR6. Expected in mid-August.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Did you ever get this done or find out about it? I'm thinking about doing it, if possible, to my '18 GTS.
Yes. There is a recent thread somewhere here. The lights on the quarter panels are the same shape so you buy the new ones along with a facelift tailgate and the rear light panel. Don't know the cost but I'm guessing about $3k parts not including labor or paint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. There is a recent thread somewhere here. The lights on the quarter panels are the same shape so you buy the new ones along with a facelift tailgate and the rear light panel. Don't know the cost but I'm guessing about $3k parts not including labor or paint.
Thanks! Will try and find that thread.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Had the facelift base for the day while having an intermediate service on my 2018 S. The base 2.0 sold here has standard suspension, no PASM/air. The loaner did have 21inch alloys though. The ride was surprisingly compliant and comfortable. Has Porsche modified the suspension more than just changing a component or two from steel to aluminium ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
In answer to your query, yes! Had a 2020 S as a loaner while mine was having the recall check. Noted improvement in handling and confirmed at least that it has a bigger rear stabiliser bar fitted. What else has changed is a little more difficult to identify - any spring or shock changes? (it was of course a steel sprung car). And yes, I also noted the new aluminium front strut lower section. Coming from an air suspension car, I did not find it as compliant and comfy but they may have improved that too.

1561 - 1580 of 1580 Posts