Porsche Macan Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1580 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Doesn’t the smokers package remove the 12v in the font?
The package includes a standard car lighter and socket.

As far as adding the cover, you have to remove the entire console to do that....the time/cost to add that cover will likely dissuade you from adding it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The configurator implies that adding the smoker’s package deletes the two rear USB ports. I don't Know for a fact but worth checking if that’s important to you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As far as adding the cover, you have to remove the entire console to do that....the time/cost to add that cover will likely dissuade you from adding it.
Not entirely accurate, only the middle silver trim piece needs to come up... my dealer quoted me an hour of labour to install and the retrofit parts kit is $90 so really not that bad.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Just wondering when are they going to add the new Turbo to the configurators?
They haven’t even announced the new Turbo. Gonna be a while

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Happy New Year forum!

Anyone else put in a 2019 build with Sport Exhaust and had it rejected? Looking for others to validate my SAs phone message. Apparently Porsche NA is not allowing any 2019 model be configured with PSE for several months. Mine is an April build with a July delivery.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Been in Pfaff Porsche today trying to finalise my 2019 Macan S order and asked my sales guy if there are any rumours about GTS and Turbo, well, you can believe it or not, no good news - "the new Turbo" is expected in Q1/2020 and "the new GTS" sometime after that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Been in Pfaff Porsche today trying to finalise my 2019 Macan S order and asked my sales guy if there are any rumours about GTS and Turbo, well, you can believe it or not, no good news - "the new Turbo" is expected in Q1/2020 and "the new GTS" sometime after that.
Yikes!! 2020?!

·
Registered
272 Posts
That is interesting. It is different from what my SA told me.
According to him GTS will be a 2020 model. Delivery will be Q4 of 2019/Q1 of 2020, Turbo will be MY2019 and delivery will be Q3 of this year.
I don't think they can delay the delivery of Turbo to next year considering X3M and X4M almost ready for launch.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That is interesting. It is different from what my SA told me.
According to him GTS will be a 2020 model. Delivery will be Q4 of 2019/Q1 of 2020, Turbo will be MY2019 and delivery will be Q3 of this year.
I don't think they can delay the delivery of Turbo to next year considering X3M and X4M almost ready for launch.
It's possible that my SA told me what he told me to make me feel better about my order of 2019 S that's going to freeze on Feb 17, 2019.
And your SA told you what he told you to make you feel better about waiting and not changing your mind for another brand or CPO from another dealership.

In the end SAs don't really care about us - they care only about getting and keeping our business.
And Porsche will release whenever they will release.

·
Registered
119 Posts
*****US Macan S orders DELAYED*****

Been in the phone all afternoon with my SA. They are calling everyone who placed orders for the Macan S - all builds have been delayed until mid-November!

Only model coming to US before November will be 4-cylinder base Macan. Spent the afternoon rebuilding my order and hoping Porsche NA accepts it. It’s an April allocation and the status went from V200 (delivery date determined) to V210 (build frozen) to V100 (feasibility check failed) all after a few refreshes. What a mess!

My SA is hoping it goes to V200 by Monday. Not really getting the car I wanted, but my SQ5 lease is up in June and I am feeling the pressure to line something up. I may have to check in with my BMW dealer on the X3M - ugh!

For any of you with a 2019 Macan S build scheduled before November, I’d call and check in with your SA - if they haven’t called you already.

Casper

·
Registered
15 Posts
1541 - 1560 of 1580 Posts