Porsche Macan Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1580 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Black door handles (along with other trim) used to be typical of the "budget" model in most brands.....had to move up to get the matching trim. Now an extra cost option?
Can't wait for Porsche to offer the "manual rollup windows" as a weight-saving performance option....only $690. Or $750 with the fashion black window crank.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Black door handles (along with other trim) used to be typical of the "budget" model in most brands.....had to move up to get the matching trim. Now an extra cost option?
Can't wait for Porsche to offer the "manual rollup windows" as a weight-saving performance option....only $690. Or $750 with the fashion black window crank.

these are painted gloss black, but I hear you. It's a custom item that adds some uniqueness to the vehicle, and I personally loved the black handles on the Carmine Red GTS I test drove before I got my black Turbo. I would check the box on my next Carmine Red Macan (coming in 2020)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Getting conflicting delivery dates from two Canadian dealers (Halifax, Montreal).
I placed my order (October 10 Code:pKVP8659) and was given March 15, 2019 as a delivery/pick-up date.
The other dealer was courting my order and gave me May 24/19 for a delivery/pick-up date and said there was no way I would get delivery March 15.
Does anyone have knowledge about what Canada deliveries are expected?
Thanks,

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you thought Motoman or Thomas from Autogefuel was pretty nerdy anal about various details, here is my favourite Swede sharing some deep insights on the design changes of a facelift, give this a try, 8 minutes long and very thoughtful:

a few observation points:

1. Mamba Green, wow, never thought it will look beyond being screamingly daring but classy, especially since my favorite color - blue was not updated, Saphire is touch shade too bright still, Night blue, which I own, is a bit boring now (for me), while Miami blue will only (at a stretch) pass to my son toys, new Genesian blue of 992 will be probably offered later on (gts/turbo models maybe?), that for sure is the winner - a true rich shade of blue with new, nice, very deep pixels (hi Mr. Schiller from Apple) sitting between Saphire and Night blue, just the right mix, but, at least currently, not available beyond cumbersome PTS.

2. Having a few of analog displays and retaining all physical buttons face-lifted Macan feels almost the most of a rudimental vehicle in the Porsche lineup. That's right - fresh facelift which has older vibe into it, a true paradox, will be then replaced with all hybrid, piano black haptic touch non-sense beyond 2020.

3. If you are old enough, and prefer to stick liking certain things, having fine-tuned but old-fashioned controls in a new but familiar exterior, in a new but familiar interior, with a new but familiar engine, with a new (21 inch) but familiar Spyder rims etc...
you may well be in for a great treat!

4. Not jumping head-first into new EV extravaganza, having good old petrol with analog switches plus improved PCM will set you nicely into the next decade.

I'll seriously start considering this, till I see 992 again and drifting away...

p.s. a few people will notice, but if you get rid of that black plastic bits underneath upfront, front lip is hideous once you photograph it in your brain and throw painted rear bumper, basically, getting still ridiculously priced sport design thing, plus added painted side-skirts will finish the design look of a car. 97% will never think it is needed, and it's well hidden on Mamba green here, but thats extra 5-7 grand you have to spend to get a final dot in this storyline.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
602 Posts
There you have it: all of you with the 'outdated' 9 inch PCM are in the "digital stone age" according to this guy.

On a separate note, hundreds of pre-facelifted Macan on the US dealer lots, inevitable arrival of a new sibling in the summer, MSRP - 15/20% off, here we come soon?

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
414 Posts
After pricing release, the facelift Macan S not that great for a value proposition, paying significantly more for an older car....the turbo and GTS will be expensive.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If deliveries are to begin in late Spring or Summer, can Porsche really spec them as a "2019"?
Just before competition will be shipping 2020's?
Until recently the Porsche website referred to the refresh as "The New Macan", but recently added the "2019" to a link.
My 2015 was delivered May, 2014. Following similar timing the refresh should be a "2020". If not, I'll wait.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was in Vienna yesterday and have seen and sat in the face lifted Macan, or, how it was called in the dealership - Macan II. Just no-way fair to call it a second generation :)
It's not even oldMacan.2, it is almost, almost exactly the same. A touch under powered now on base an a touch more powerful on an S.

New headlights, radiator trim, larger screen and different vents. Ah yes, the rear light bar. That's it.
Buttons, doors etc. are all are the same. The only difference in EU is an addition of a heavy particulate filter. The front plastic lip is hideous, I would like to avoid it at all cost. Round driving mode controller on a steering wheel feels cheap too, not like putting fake chrome trim would of made it more 'luxurious' but I would of like that 'fakenessness' anyway.

SA told me Turbo is next year with power of previous turbo with performance package. My hope of getting new shade of blue Macan is all but gone.
NO PTS possible and no plans to introduce this color, it is even different factory, (Panamera/macan @Leipzig) and according to SA, colours are really factory dependent.

I still took a photo for a reference, but it wasn't the best lighting.

on the left i'm holding Exterior N8 Gentian Blue Metallic or 'Enzianblaumetellic', top right Saphire Blue, bottom right - Night blue.
In the real life Sapphire is way more brighter then on my photo, as you probably know.

Last thing I remember the display cars (all 3 of them) did not have any smokers package, so the hole was exposed and slim Iphone fits but God it looks cheap and ugly exposed with just a plastic charger cap with white lettering. not nice.

Despite small negativity above, Macan is a fantastic '1st time owner' buy and a terrible upgrade for existing owners.

Reactions: sergeyb and TXRed

·
Registered
160 Posts
Last thing I remember the display cars (all 3 of them) did not have any smokers package, so the hole was exposed and slim Iphone fits but God it looks cheap and ugly exposed with just a plastic charger cap with white lettering. not nice.
My thoughts exactly on the smoker's package... sure you get more space without but it also looks like crap and disrupts the flow of the center console. Once I get through the holidays I'm going to get the ashtray/lid added up front.

Also Sapphire Blue remains the best color but Gentian blue looks pretty nice too... look forward to seeing it in person.

·
Registered
602 Posts
MotoMan reviewing base Macan (priced from dirt cheap $49,900 in US btw)

·
Registered
117 Posts
The blue on the left looks GREAT. Night Blue is too dark and Sapphire Blue looks too 'aqua' to me. Interestingly, I had an Aqua Blue Boxster S and it looked more 'Sapphire' to me than 'Sapphire Blue'...and vice versa!

·
Registered
602 Posts
In Moto-Man's base Macan review - what's the dash trim?
It looks like Brushed Aluminium...
Brushed aluminium dashboard trim option is offered in light grey only. Previously they've brought dark brushed al. with GTS. This looks like a standard dash, which used to be piano black before, now its matte material.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Brushed aluminium dashboard trim option is offered in light grey only. Previously they've brought dark brushed al. with GTS. This looks like a standard dash, which used to be piano black before, now its matte material.
I don't see this option in Canadian configurator :(
There is the Anthracite Chestnut Interior Package for CAD$ 2070.- but it's just too expensive to consider.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't see this option in Canadian configurator :(
There is the Anthracite Chestnut Interior Package for CAD$ 2070.- but it's just too expensive to consider.
Silver aluminum is listed under “Interior in Aluminum”. Black aluminum was a GTS only item. Piano black is listed under “Interior” and is optional on the new Macan as it was in the original in Canada. I believe the standard is a matte dark grey plastic possibly textured to mimic aluminum but I’m not 100% on the finish.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, try the key word search function at the top of the options list. There’s a bewildering number of items to locate and they aren’t always immediately apparent.

·
Super Moderator
8,322 Posts
If deliveries are to begin in late Spring or Summer, can Porsche really spec them as a "2019"?
Just before competition will be shipping 2020's?Until recently the Porsche website referred to the refresh as "The New Macan", but recently added the "2019" to a link.
My 2015 was delivered May, 2014. Following similar timing the refresh should be a "2020". If not, I'll wait.
If you bought at the US Launch in May, 14, Porsche was allowed to call this car a 2015 model year because of US law defining model years in the CFR provided that their production cycle included Jan 1 of the year the model is called. Similarly, they can call any car produced in 2019, a 2019 obviously. If they continue production into 2020, then they could have called it a 2020 but chose not to. Now, you might ask, like you seem to be, why didn't they? Could be that a hybrid is coming?

BTW, do you know why car makers usually start selling their next year models in the Fall of the previous year? Television. Start of the new TV season. Advertising.

I was in Vienna yesterday and have seen and sat in the face lifted Macan, or, how it was called in the dealership - Macan II. Just no-way fair to call it a second generation :)
It's not even oldMacan.2, it is almost, almost exactly the same.
That is consistent with all Porsche second production cycles of a generation. The 991.2 was an anomaly probably because of the pressure of EU emission laws. This is consistent with the normal way of doing business, slight improvements, refresh in styling.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That is consistent with all Porsche second production cycles of a generation. The 991.2 was an anomaly probably because of the pressure of EU emission laws. This is consistent with the normal way of doing business, slight improvements, refresh in styling.
Sure, face-lift principle is exactly what you have described, I was more referring to self-proclaimed title, Macan II. It's more Macan 1.2, or, if Macan is Type 95B, then it should be 95B.2
I guess Macan II - the Emperor of tactile buttons, before BE [birth of EV] sounds like a better sale.0:)

Reactions: NETX

·
Registered
414 Posts
My thoughts exactly on the smoker's package... sure you get more space without but it also looks like crap and disrupts the flow of the center console. Once I get through the holidays I'm going to get the ashtray/lid added up front.

Also Sapphire Blue remains the best color but Gentian blue looks pretty nice too... look forward to seeing it in person.
Doesn’t the smokers package remove the 12v in the font?

1521 - 1540 of 1580 Posts