Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Mdubya - enjoyed your photos of trips through rural Maryland - particularly as here in Victoria, Australia, we have been enduring many weeks of COVID lockdown - the only driving we are allowed to do is for work, healthcare, or getting essential supplies. We have vaguely similar rural areas here, and my wife and I are longing to also drive our base-model Macan as its designers intended when we take delivery of it in February. Keep the photos coming, including your lovely machine.

·
Registered
2019 Macan Base, Premium Plus, 19" Turbo wheels
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mdubya - enjoyed your photos of trips through rural Maryland - particularly as here in Victoria, Australia, we have been enduring many weeks of COVID lockdown - the only driving we are allowed to do is for work, healthcare, or getting essential supplies. We have vaguely similar rural areas here, and my wife and I are longing to also drive our base-model Macan as its designers intended when we take delivery of it in February. Keep the photos coming, including your lovely machine.
Thank you, Pete!

I have been practicing social distancing pretty stringently. I hardly have any contact with other people while I am out and about.

I was commuting around the DC beltway for a while during lock down, to a gubmint facility. The lack of traffic was entirely unique. I think traffic is almost back to full time misery around here, now, even though we are only partially reopened. I am back to working from home, full time.

Out in the rural areas, people act as though there is nothing going on at all, pandemic wise. All of the swimming spots are packed, the rivers and tributaries are full of rafters and inner tubes, no social distancing at all. It is a bit alarming. I can only do what is best for myself and my family.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Stumbled upon this crew on today's dusty roads run.

Macan looking good in the moody lighting, just south of Sharpsburg, MD, Burnside Bridge Road, Antietam Creek.

·
Registered
814 Posts
"Macan looking good in the moody lighting, just south of Sharpsburg, MD, Burnside Bridge Road, Antietam Creek."
Boy, I'll say it was looking good! 👍 Great photo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I tried the PDK reset procedure the other and it definitely did...something.

Driving in normal mode (which I had pretty much given up on) seems a little less sluggish than before.

But it didn't take long before I got tired of the slow response in medium speed traffic, being bogged down in 7th gear when I wanted to move past another car.

My first drive after the reset was just to pickup a carry out and fuel up. I almost regretted doing the reset because this first drive was not reflective of the improvements or changes I was interested in. I took a short sporting drive, post fuel up, and I felt I was back to square one, engaging the paddles while in automatic mode to short shift or down shift when and where I wanted.

Then, last evening, I got to take a real ride on my favorite evening faux Covid commute. I still needed to use the paddles in auto mode, but the PDK quickly learned my inputs and by mid drive (50 mile loop) I was not only back to where I left off, but I believe the car was responding even more smoothly than before my reset. This could be all placebo effect, but I was driving with the intent of have the PDK "learn" my preferences as opposed to me experimenting and trying to figure out what works best for me.

I would say I am back to Sport mode as my full time default. And I am looking forward to a nice long sporting drive this weekend, if I get a chance. By the end of last evening's drive, the Macan was just sublime. Big smiles.

Hopefully, I will see something interesting to photo document this weekend.

Hope you all are having as much fun driving your Macans as I am having driving mine!

:) :coffee:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nice drive with the sunroof open today after putting in a half day on a Saturday.

Clean Machine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The PDK reset continues to pay off. It learned my inputs from short shifting with the paddles in automatic mode and now pulls away from stops much more efficiently. It has also learned my after work spirited drive route to the point where it is almost as much fun to let the PDK take care of business most of the time as it is to drive a little harder and use the paddles for aggressive corner entry and exit.

I have "painted" lines on a couple of corners and was going to document my work, but I am a little embarrassed to stop and take photos.

Last evening I rolled through an area with water access and a great uphill 110 degree left hander. A group of teenage boys were on a bridge looking into the water and noticed the Macan approaching. They all gestured for some theatrics and I was glad to oblige with a howling corner entry and a nice 4 wheel drift on the gas through the apex and up the hill. 😆

Cheap thrills and teenage kicks, for sure, but it was the highlight of my day. :geek:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
First weekend of fall, with my favorite sign. I am interested to see how much the leaves will have changed by next weekend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Modify your intro. Tell us where you are at. From my look from Washington I would guess upper New York? No one else would actually stick a 25 MPH sign out there, right?
I am in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC.

Most of the photos I post are from Frederick and Washington Counties in Maryland.

This one in particular is just south of the Antietam Civil War Battlefields along Antietam Creek.

The roads in this area are like paved goat trails and the Macan absolutely shines on the wild rollercoaster nature of these roads.

I will update my profile. (y)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Full moon over suburbia last night.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Great thread. The pictures with captions make for a really enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing your journey's with us.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've been trying to capture a photo of this guy for a few weeks.

This is the purple barn where he lives.

Dusty Macan in the afternoon sun.

Macan lurking in one of my favorite spots

Another Dodge spied in Burkittsville, MD. I was hoping to see the owner so I could ask about the car and about the abundance of classic Dodges in Burkittsville. One of these days...

Hints of fall colors.

Historic stone walls and my favorite road sign near the Antietam Battlefields.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I can't help but think how fleeting the fall colors are.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
They're lovely photos - your bushland looks wonderful, Mdubya. Like your choice of wheels,too - simple, easy to clean, little extra expense, less prone to damage than the 20" & 21", I would imagine. They're what we have ordered for our white base. Due mid-February :) Peter

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
They're lovely photos - your bushland looks wonderful, Mdubya. Like your choice of wheels,too - simple, easy to clean, little extra expense, less prone to damage than the 20" & 21", I would imagine. They're what we have ordered for our white base. Due mid-February :) Peter
Thank you, Peter.

I LOVE the wheels. Only the 21 inch Sport Classics (in black) come close for my preferences.

This forum gives me a lot to think about, and I am happy every day with the package I chose. I would love to have a go in a GTS at some point, but other than that, I am 100% happy with the spec of my car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
You continue to take some great pictures. Curious, what does "mdubya" mean?
It is my initials. M.W.

I was on an email list with several Mikes. So we signed our posts as Mike W., Mike G., Mike F., etc. When George W. Bush arrived on the national political scene and people started referring to him as "Dubya" I adopted the m dubya moniker as tongue in cheek. It stuck and has been causing confusion ever since. 😁

I had many nicknames as a youth and as a young man, so, m dub, or dubby, or dubya seemed like a good and natural progression into a more grown up, yet still informal, nickname.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts