Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Macan with the 2.0T 4 cylinder turbo engine and want to do an oil change.

Nowhere in the owners manual does it list “Oil Capacity”.

Does anyone can access to the workshop manual that can look this up?

Also noticed the 2019 2.0T 4cyl engine now uses 0w20 C20 Porsche approved oil. Looks like Mobile 1 is it for finding easy accessible oil.

·
Registered
125 Posts
1st change should be free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st change should be free.
i'm doing early oil change at 3k miles. Plus my dealers says there are no free oil changes and on top of that they use Amalie Oil and it's not C20 nor A40 Porsche approved.

I even called Porsche North America about this and they didn't really care and said they can't make dealers use the proper oil and it's up to me to use the proper oil.

·
Registered
901 Posts
i'm doing early oil change at 3k miles. Plus my dealers says there are no free oil changes and on top of that they use Amalie Oil and it's not C20 nor A40 Porsche approved.

I even called Porsche North America about this and they didn't really care and said they can't make dealers use the proper oil and it's up to me to use the proper oil.
Note that beginning -- and maybe ending, i.e., it's certainly possible that Porsche has changed its policy -- with the 2018 model year Macans, the first service is (was?) free. This is the one scheduled for 10,000 per the owner's manual, and includes an oil change.

So unless Porsche has changed this policy, your dealer would be making an incorrect statement. OTOH, if Porsche did change this, then I guess the dealer is correct.

See this short thread for a discussion of the free service: https://www.macanforum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/168579-first-service.html . In posts 3 and 14 of that thread, I have pics of the relevant parts of that first invoice and the original order from the configurator.

Anyone know if Porsche dropped that free service for the '19 or '20 MY Macans?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Unless the engine has changed since 2018 it is 5 quarts. I use the vacuum extraction method every 5000 miles and typically extract about 4.75 quarts.

My first oil change was free but I did it myself anyway. I do my oil change in about 20 minutes and if I drove to the dealer, waited for them to do it and drive back it would be three hours minimum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As mentioned above, one 5 Qt bottle is all you need. I don't think 0W-20 is correct though. I believe it's 0W-40 or 5W-40. I too use the extractor method.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe my dealer mentioned my first change being free. I will have to double check with them. Does not seem smart for that dealer to not do the free oil change if the policy didn't change. Makes it more likely that they won't ever see you again after shafting you a oil change. We can also easily buy from other dealers and have them shipped when it comes time for another car so not a smart move on dealer part if policy is not changed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As mentioned above, one 5 Qt bottle is all you need. I don't think 0W-20 is correct though. I believe it's 0W-40 or 5W-40. I too use the extractor method.
If you have a 2019 2.0 4cyl the oil is now 0w20 C20 Porsche Approved Spec. It’s in the owners manual

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reporting back....my 2019 2.0L took 5 liters and the electronic oil indicator showed 1/2 way in the green. I drove it like that and it maintained that level which is fine. So for experiment I added a little less that 1/4 of a liter and the indicator shows almost full. I left it there and have put on another 3,000 plus miles and it maintains that level.

Also the ONLY 0w20 Porsche approved C20 spec oil I could find in the USA was Liqui-Moly Top Tech 6200. 0w20 with the Porsche C20 approval is THE ONLY approved oil mentioned in the owners manual. I could not get the Mobil 1 c20 oil or Motul but Liqui-Moly is a top oil so I am good.
__

1 - 11 of 11 Posts