Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have been itching to get my hands on a Porsche Macan and finally pulled the trigger on a C.P.O 2018 Porsche Macan S. The vehicle arrives in my area on May 2nd and of course I will have the option to pass on the vehicle. Wanted to ask the community what they recommend I look for when checking out the vehicle in person.

Appreciate any information you can give me. Glad to be here in the community.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Based on my personal experience purchasing a CPO 2018 Macan S, I would make an appt. for May 2 with the Porsche dealer nearest to you, and have them do a full inspection. I don’t recommend trying to look for things yourself. The dealer will be more than willing to find any and every mechanical flaw, and then you can try to use that inspection report to your benefit to have the seller make any needed repairs or perform the needed maintenance to bring it up to a true CPO level that is Porsche approved. CPO unfortunately does not always mean that the car is not currently in need of routine maintenance. It may also be affected by the two fairly well known issues, being the timing cover oil leak and faulty transfer case. See my journal entry for more info.

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I ended up keeping the 2018 Macan S that I was looking at. (Did the inspection myself - Brought a creeper, multiple scanners (OBDELEVEN Pro V2), and tools).

Bought a front license plate relocator since my state unfortunately requires one.. RIP

Between Facebook and Forums like this, made it easy to understand the platform since I am knew to Porsche. Appreciate the information 🙂

Currently in the process of unlocking Apple CarPlay / Android Auto on the PCM which can be done without the Dealership. Will post a guide + information later.

Future plans are to purchase a Cobb Stage 1 - Filters + AP.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Check with Porsche to see if the Transfer case has been replaced. My 2016 had to have it replaced. There are threads here that explain the issue and how you can check to see if yours has this problem.

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check with Porsche to see if the Transfer case has been replaced
I looked into the forums and might have early stages of this showing on the vehicle.

I briefly looked online to verify that this is covered under a "Porsche" warranty and to my understanding it was extended to the following vehicles;
  • Macan – Model Year 2014 Through Model Year 2018 – Warranty Extended to 7 Years With Unlimited Mileage
  • Cayenne – Model Year 2015 Through Model Year 2018 – Warranty Extended to 7 Years With Unlimited Mileage
  • Cayenne – Model Year 2011 Through Model Year 2014 – Warranty Extended to 10 Years With Unlimited Mileage
Since my vehicle is a 2018 I should be all set 😁

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great looking ride :) congrats...lovin my 2018
Appreciate it. I went with a 2018 over a newer model since I preferred the last generations taillights more (2014-2018).

Nice choice! Love that interior, really brightens it up.
Was originally not happy with the exterior color of the vehicle, but ended up looking at this unit due to the interior color. I agree that it brightens it up ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.