Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's correct. My Macan was built in late '18. The strut bar is NOT predrilled and pre-threaded. So, I had to buy a new one. Also, I am planning on buying the two engine bay trim pieces later this month. I figure, if anything, it will make the engine bay look a little neater/cleaner. I remember the early Lexus LS400's. EVERYTHING in the engine bay was covered. If there is any noise or squeaking after install, that's what the volume control knob is for on the radio.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just looked for the reinforcement bars online ( I have the pre-drilled strut bar). The sources mentioned earlier in this thread no longer carry them. Show discontinued part. Any ideas how to source them?

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I just looked for the reinforcement bars online.....The sources mentioned earlier in this thread no longer carry them......Any ideas how to source them?
They are original Audi Q5 parts, so try searching for Audi parts, rather than Porsche.

Strut Reinforcement
Left: 8R0805619
Right: 8R0805620
Bolt (s): N90643906

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Just installed everything today. The monthly Coffee & Cars is tomorrow morning in Houston. I'll have a chance to take it on the beltway early tomorrow. Curious if there's any change to oversteer or understeer at speed and in the corners.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Oh yeah. I ordered all the engine fender cover pieces too. Should be here in a few days.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Just installed everything today. The monthly Coffee & Cars is tomorrow morning in Houston. I'll have a chance to take it on the beltway early tomorrow. Curious if there's any change to oversteer or understeer at speed and in the corners.
Let us know if you notice any difference in the handling.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
As far as I can tell, based on MY driving habits and inclinations, I don't notice a difference. I also received/installed the missing engine trim pieces. Looks better now. Next: H7 bulb upgrades.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No problem. I added both braces as well as the two plastic engine compartment upper cover pieces. Dressed up the area a little better. Not as much 'stuff' showing when you pop the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
@///Bruce the tower braces came stock on the first generation Macan. Not sure how the Audi sway bars would help but my 2015 S driven aggressively with Michelin summer Pilot 4s tires doesn’t seem to plow the front. In fact power on mid corner pulls it out well.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mine is a late 2018 build. They 'slimmed down' on some stuff like the upper end engine dressing pieces and the two support bars that bolt onto the main one. I played catch up.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts