Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Correct. This TurboPP is equipped with the optional sport design package, so the front bumper is the same as the one found on the Macan GTS.

I can attest to that.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I would be very careful.

Funny how the dealer is quoting facts from Experian Auto Check without providing a link to the actual Auto Check Report as other dealers do.

I also see a huge red flag in that the dealer is claiming Experian shows the car had Personal ownership whereas Carfax tells a different story. Is this an indication the dealer is dishonest, or is it merely an innocent mistake?

While it's great that the car is still under warranty, if there's a problem can you prove the car was properly serviced? I'm assuming there are no service records with the car, but what does Carfax show? If Carfax shows it was properly serviced, will PCNA accept that as proof if there is a disputed warranty claim? I'm not sure of the answer.

When I was shopping for a Macan I noticed this dealer repeatedly had highly optioned Macans at seemingly great prices compared to the authorized Porsche dealers. I don't recall any forum member mentioning anything about this dealer, positive or negative.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I would be very careful.

Funny how the dealer is quoting facts from Experian Auto Check without providing a link to the actual Auto Check Report as other dealers do.

I also see a huge red flag in that the dealer is claiming Experian shows the car had Personal ownership whereas Carfax tells a different story. Is this an indication the dealer is dishonest, or is it merely an innocent mistake?

While it's great that the car is still under warranty, if there's a problem can you prove the car was properly serviced? I'm assuming there are no service records with the car, but what does Carfax show? If Carfax shows it was properly serviced, will PCNA accept that as proof if there is a disputed warranty claim? I'm not sure of the answer.

When I was shopping for a Macan I noticed this dealer repeatedly had highly optioned Macans at seemingly great prices compared to the authorized Porsche dealers. I don't recall any forum member mentioning anything about this dealer, positive or negative.
Thank you about the service history (lack off) and Porsche dealers honor warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Where was this Macan during its use? As an example, was it mostly run around the Pompano Beach area? There was a hurricane there in September 2017. Is this 2018 Macan a 2017 build? When did the 2018 Macan hit the dealership? Where was it in Florida during the hurricane if not in Pompano Beach?

Sorry... I trust no one.

BTW, you might be able to hit up a friendly dealership and see if there's any service and maintenance records. I have found that most WILL help you if they can. You are a potential sale. Remind them you'll need to also eventually talk to someone about an extended warranty. They'll help you.

·
Super Moderator
7,006 Posts
could you educate me with " 'corporate car' " ?

i thought that this is like a company own vehicle to drive boss around.
I just read this thread so don't know all the details. You have no maintenance record? Get a PPI done. Porsche knows everything done to the car, at least by a Porsche dealer.

Who drives 40K in one year. Really, who? I think corporate might mean its used by whoever needs a car. Its not owned by one person? Doesn't car fax have that info? Every time the car is registered its recorded. If its a corporate car, who knows how many people have driven it and possibly abused it. There are no free rides. I would dig deeper and because the price looks reasonable for the asking price, ask yourself "why?" Get a PPI.

·
Registered
312 Posts
After reading all of the comments here I do see concerns, however their are not many Turbo PP around at all and even less for sale. That car is options are great. Although the mile are high the savings is great. I would have a P dealer inspect it. if it looked ok. I would buy it and get a warranty package thru fidelity or something. I honestly think if the car was inspected ok you will be a very happy driver in that Macan.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I say no way.My 2015 S has 38,800 miles. Too many miles too much to pay imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
High mileage usually means lots of freeway miles, which in turn means a lot of engine running time at working temperature = better than lots of short trips and sporty acceleration before the engine has warmed up.

I bought mine with 3 years and almost 50k. I had an issue with a leaky head gasket (apparently a common problem) so make sure that is checked. Mine was fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can someone post how to make a NEW POST/THREAD, always impossible to find in this stupid site. SOrry OP.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Can someone post how to make a NEW POST/THREAD, always impossible to find in this stupid site. SOrry OP.
Go to "Forums" (at the top); then, pick a forum, open it, then start a new thread. I do not think that one can open a new thread in Active Topics.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
High mileage usually means lots of freeway miles, which in turn means a lot of engine running time at working temperature = better than lots of short trips and sporty acceleration before the engine has warmed up.

I bought mine with 3 years and almost 50k. I had an issue with a leaky head gasket (apparently a common problem) so make sure that is checked. Mine was fixed under warranty.

Regarding the comment above about a leaky head gasket - did you mean to say, valve cover gasket instead?

I have not heard of nor read about Macan engines with leaking head gaskets.

You may recall that a valve cover keeps the splashing oil in and external contaminants out of the
valve train - rocker arms, shafts, springs, etc. The head gasket is situated between the engine
block, containing the pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft, etc. and the head(s), containing the valvetrain
components noted above.

A leaky valve cover gasket allows some oil to seep out. A leaking head gasket may allow oil or coolant to
leak to the outside, or cross contaminate cooling or lubrication systems, or allow coolant or oil to enter
the combustion chamber(s). :eek:

Thx!

;)

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
23 Participants
muhney
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing