Porsche Macan Forum banner

2018 Macan Navigation settings.

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gra 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me regarding the Navigation settings on my 2018 Macan.
We can set the normal personal requirements ie 'fastest route', 'traffic'etc etc but I cannot find a setting to avoid gravel, dirt or unmade roads. It is a standard setting on most general GPS's, or am I doing something wrong.
I usually set the unit for the fastest road and, being in Australia where we have many unmade roads end up being directed via them.
I am fussy with my car and don't like using unmade roads.
I usually end up navigating with my iPhone which has that feature.

#2 ·
Well you could always do what I did and also mount an extra GPS, so that you will have that option if you need it. It would also help when it comes to finding any suburb or road that is recent because the data that comes on the standard one is often a few years behind the eight ball. Plus, if you ever want to go to Mt Isa or Mount Eliza you will be able to find it on your extra GPS because the original one just does not cut it - there appears to be a bit of a gap in anything that starts with Mt or Mount in my 2017 version. Once you get outback a lot of the smaller roads will not even feature on the screen.

When it comes to the inbuilt navigation in a lot of cars, they leave a lot to be desired and are no match for the one on your phone or a specific GPS. When it comes to the Macan, the 'avoid gravel roads' option was probably not included as the vehicle is considered capable of traversing dirt roads ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.