Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My Macan S is sitting in Halifax right now, waiting for the 2018 certification from the government of Canada. Apparently, because Porsche is part of VAG, the certification is being processed very slowly just to show who's boss. The car will sit in Halifax until the 2018 certification is approved.

Does anyone have any info on this? A google search is not showing anything. My dealer has assured me the approval is imminent. I'm not sure I believe this. Having the vehicle sit for a month would really drive me crazy after waiting over 3 months already.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If you dealer makes the call to Porsche Canada, then they should be able to get some estimated date of certification completion. I don't believe the certification process delay is part of your claimed VAG fiasco reason at all.

Just for example, the MB E63 sedans have been sitting at Halifax port since early May 2017 while Transport Canada is taking their sweet time to certify the car. From the MB forum, the pre-ordered owners will get their cars sometimes in mid August as the certification is scheduled to be completed by end of July. Many customers have decided not to take the cars as theirs have been sitting for nearly 3 months while the cars are exposed to the outside elements. If I were them, I would not accept the car at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't know anything about this but I am wondering whether this is because of the new deal Canada signed with EU recently.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've been following the fiasco for the release of 2017 and 2018 Audi RS3s on audizine. There is someone from AoA posting updates in the thread. People bought the MY17s which were launch cars because they would get them earlier but now will be delivered at the same time as the MY18 lol.

Its definitely payback for the VW scandal. Its holding up almost all 2018 from Porsche, VW and Audi.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EPA certification wouldn't have any impact on Canadian deliveries. We're not yet part of the US of A and the EPA is a US governmental agency.
Yes, but we have the Canadian version of the EPA -- either Environment and Climate Change Canada or Transport Canada.

FWIW, Canada normally follows the same legislation as the US for our vehicles, since it makes life simpler for the auto companies. So far, we have followed the lead of the EPA, but since Mr. Pruitt seems to be destroying that organization single-handedly, we may be following the lead of CARB (California Air Resources Board) in the future, which applied to about 1/3 of the US (not just California). Either way, the approval certification must come from the Canadian agency.

I guess it's time to hurry up and wait.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone visited recently the lots of some dealerships? I did last week and seen MY2018 Macans, in different variants and several of them. All still with protective shipping wraps, is it possible they are being held in their lots until the release of the certification??

Can anybody confirm same with their respective dealerships.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was supposed to get delivery of my Macan S on Aug 3. Just got a call from Porsche that EPA has yet to certify the call so I will not be getting delivery on Aug 3. Certification is expected mid Aug. I was getting delivery at PEC Atlanta. I have waited for almost 5 months and now this...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Better living brought to you by...Big Government....:|

·
Registered
483 Posts
Has anyone visited recently the lots of some dealerships? I did last week and seen MY2018 Macans, in different variants and several of them. All still with protective shipping wraps, is it possible they are being held in their lots until the release of the certification??

Can anybody confirm same with their respective dealerships.
Downtown was delivering a MY17 GTS when I was there this week, I asked about 2018 they said not now.

They finally released 2018 RS3s that were being held in Halifax and the first ones reached QC City yesterday. I would be surprised if the Macans which were held up also somehow made it before and to Toronto.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you for the update, I hope the MY2018 Macans made it to the train together with RS3s. If those reached Quebec two days ago then the train should be in the Concord Vehicle Depot by now and deliveries should be at least in the first week of August the latest.

Congrats on your MY2017 GTS Maitre_Absolut! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Every Macan on my dealer's lot has a "stop sale" notice pending the fuel flange inspection/repair and the passenger occupancy sensor for the airbag. Both are Transport Canada mandated recalls. Not sure if that affects 2018 cars, but the 2017s and earlier certainly are.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anybody have an update on this issue? 2018's are assumed free of recalls of the past model years right, so should not be on stop sale. And what wonders me since MY2018's are not new models thus why the certification delays if this reason is true. Confusing scenario for those waiting delivery like me and CPO buyers!!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts