Porsche Macan Forum banner

2018 Macan base - cover for 12v plug

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JoeInBucks 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just took delivery of my "new to me" 2018 Macan last Friday.
I'm in love with it!!! And happy to finally be part of the Porsche family.

I found the car out of state - and when it arrived, it does not have a cover on the 12v plug in the center console.
Looking at interior pictures of other 2018's.....it looks like every single one has a cover.

The dealer has indicated that the cover is tied to the "Smoking Package" which my car does not have.
Hoping to get some clarity from the group!

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

#2 · (Edited)
The cigarette lighter/plug gizmo is part of the smoking package. If you don't have the smoking package, you'll have a small, uncovered bin without any plug in it. I imagine that you can get a replacement part from your local dealer if you're missing it. Congrats & best wishes for many safe & happy miles with your Macan! Do share some pics & details when you can.

Editing to correct - I was basing my response on my 2016 Turbo. It appears that vehicles without the smoker's package still have the outlet?

#3 ·
Hi everyone,
I just took delivery of my "new to me" 2018 Macan last Friday.
I'm in love with it!!! And happy to finally be part of the Porsche family.

I found the car out of state - and when it arrived, it does not have a cover on the 12v plug in the center console.
Looking at interior pictures of other 2018's.....it looks like every single one has a cover.

The dealer has indicated that the cover is tied to the "Smoking Package" which my car does not have.
Hoping to get some clarity from the group!

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo
You talking about the little flip-up cover, the one that has "POWER OUTLET 12V" printed on it?

Vehicle Car Center console

That one (click to enlarge)?

That's a pic of our '18 Macan S, without the Smoker's Package (which package adds a lid for the entire compartment, and makes some other minor changes). There's a similar spring-loaded cover, with the same printing on it, in the center console storage well (along with a USB slot).

I'm assuming this would be the same for an '18 Base, so my guess is that If you don't have those little covers, someone broke it (them) off. That help?

#5 ·
Yep, you're talking about the cover that's included as part of the Smoker's Package.

It's a no-cost option, and a lot of folks think having that cover is a sort of finishing touch to the console. Others (like me) find the opening, without a cover in the way, handy for sunglasses, tic-tacs, etc.

Read through this page -- 2021 Configurator live -- to read some comments on this, and to see some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.