Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Macan SE
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sports edition which has I believe the sports exhaust as I have the switch to turn the flaps on/off. Looking to replace my chrome tips with black. Do I need special tips? What are people recommending?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I have the sports edition which has I believe the sports exhaust as I have the switch to turn the flaps on/off. Looking to replace my chrome tips with black. Do I need special tips? What are people recommending?

· Registered
644 Posts
Consensus is to just get them powder coated because any good ones worthy to put on your car are going to cost you $850 - $1200. especially the ones you have which look like the sport ones which in my option look really nice. why do you want to change the color they match your rims nice contrast.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Sport Editions have sport exhaust standard so if you have a Sport Edition, then you have sport exhaust. While I agree that leaving them chrome matches your wheels and rear emblems, if you do choose to color change, the OEM black tips that come standard on the GTS are direct replacement or you can remove them and have them powder coated for a lot less money with same if not better results.

Reactions: Photocycler

· Registered
2018 Base
174 Posts
Plasti-dip has been fine for my tips (and emblems) for almost 2 years, less than $10 for a spray can at home depot. Have taken cross-country road trips. I was originally skeptical, but has worked out ok for me. Tips don't get hot enough to affect it, at least for me. My car is also Cobb tuned and I generally drive like I stole it whenever possible.

Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

· Premium Member
2018 Macan SE
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Consensus is to just get them powder coated because any good ones worthy to put on your car are going to cost you $850 - $1200. especially the ones you have which look like the sport ones which in my option look really nice. why do you want to change the color they match your rims nice contrast.
I am considering powdercoating the wheels black. I agree it does match it nicely now so would only consider if I do change the wheels to black

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I am considering powdercoating the wheels black. I agree it does match it nicely now so would only consider if I do change the wheels to black
The triple black murdered out look is boring and way over done in my opinion.

· Premium Member
2018 Macan SE
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The triple black murdered out look is boring and way over done in my opinion.
I agree which is why I’m not rushing to it but just seeing what options. My previous GTS Macan was white so it made sense to have blacked out logos, exhaust and wheels.

· Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 262800
I'll take your silver ones 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts