21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
34 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Some eye watering prices for 1 step corrections and coatings in here.... That being said everyone's car looks great.

I became a self taught detailer 5-6 years ago, the benefits of ceramic are pretty great, especially for anyone living in an area with bugs.

I will say I've struggled with ceramic on the windshield on the macan, I've tried twice and both times I had an issue with my wipers skipping afterwards. Could be coincidence - but I've always had to strip off afterwards.

·
Registered
306 Posts
youtube DIY has literally saved me thousands upon thousands of dollars from everything from lawncare, home reno, car detailing and soon maintenance. Such an unreal tool

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I know my DIY limitations and knew my Macan would take some serious buffing to get the scratches and swirls out, plus waxing every 6 months. My ceramic coating was under $1000 and, hopefully, will allow me to maintain its shine with careful washing and coating touch up. For me it was the best way to go. No way was I going to put a buffer on my car.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Dual action polishers are idiot proof. I was scared too. But was able to test the procedure on my father in laws MB. Came out unreal.
Before
Atmosphere Daytime Hood Azure World

After
Cloud Atmosphere Sky Building Blue

so I had no doubt I couldn’t screw it up.
Dual action guarantees it’s not going to burn through the paint or marr the finish

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
39 Posts
Had mine ceramic coated in August and it looks great. In white the results are not as dramatic, but everyone loves a car that shines.
Signature wash, Iron-x, tar-x, clay treatment, 2 layers of Miyabi Coating, 1 layer of ISM Coating, 1 layer of the sacrificial coating, 2 to 3-year durability. Interior detail and engine compartment cleaning under $1k in SE PA.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
196 Posts
Had mine ceramic coated in August and it looks great. In white the results are not as dramatic, but everyone loves a car that shines.
Signature wash, Iron-x, tar-x, clay treatment, 2 layers of Miyabi Coating, 1 layer of ISM Coating, 1 layer of the sacrificial coating, 2 to 3-year durability. Interior detail and engine compartment cleaning under $1k in SE PA.
View attachment 246246
I like the shop lighting!

Very nice! What do you use on your tires? I've tried a variety of products and nothing I've tried last more than a few days.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
39 Posts
Tire dressing recommended from the detailer is Aesno Orbit Tire Dressing satin.

Hex LED ceiling lights from Normal Guy Super Car .com or whatever place you can find on line.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
260 Posts
Work was completed today. Paint correction and ceramic coating on all surfaces including windows, panoramic roof and wheels. Thanks for this thread, I won't have known about this product otherwise.
View attachment 246470 View attachment 246472
Looks fantastic @FAST. Details please as I'm thinking about getting this done myself.

Where did you get it done, the cost and would you recommend the shop? There are so many shops doing this in the GTA it would be nice to get a referral from a trusted source.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
39 Posts
Looks Great, you won’t be able to stop starring at it in the sun. Did your Detailer explain appropriate care and maintenance for your ceramic coating?..two bucket wash method w/ grit guards, air blow or light towel dried, stay on top of wheel cleaning and use a refresh surface coat from time to time.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
196 Posts
Looks fantastic @FAST. Details please as I'm thinking about getting this done myself.

Where did you get it done, the cost and would you recommend the shop? There are so many shops doing this in the GTA it would be nice to get a referral from a trusted source.

Thank you.
Thanks! Two people recommended the shop to me and yeah, the results are impressive. Be warned, it's not a fancy place.

$1250 all in - ask for the sale price. The shop is called S.T.C. Autocare in Oakville. QEW / Trafalgar

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
196 Posts
Looks Great, you won’t be able to stop starring at it in the sun. Did your Detailer explain appropriate care and maintenance for your ceramic coating?..two bucket wash method w/ grit guards, air blow or light towel dried, stay on top of wheel cleaning and use a refresh surface coat from time to time.
Yes, also suggest a power washer run on a lower pressure using a broad wand. He said the dirt should fall off the coating without having to use a cloth.

The problem is, once you get all this stuff done on your car, you don't want to drive it in the rain, snow etc. Before I never would have cared.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Yes, also suggest a power washer run on a lower pressure using a broad wand. He said the dirt should fall off the coating without having to use a cloth.

The problem is, once you get all this stuff done on your car, you don't want to drive it in the rain, snow etc. Before I never would have cared.
Reality arrives when it is winter and you have a ski box on top. I have found a touchless car wash that works with these width/height problems. Take a bunch of microfiber towels with you to clean up this missing spots.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
260 Posts
Thanks! Two people recommended the shop to me and yeah, the results are impressive. Be warned, it's not a fancy place.

$1250 all in - ask for the sale price. The shop is called S.T.C. Autocare in Oakville. QEW / Trafalgar
Don't want to pay for fancy - just great results.

Thank you for the info @FAST.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts