Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GTS Chalk PPP PTV+
38 Posts
Looks stunning! Absolutely agree on coatings being worth it and especially evident for black paint.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks stunning! Absolutely agree on coatings being worth it and especially evident for black paint.
I knew it was bad but the day I took it to the detailed was a very sunny day that really highlighted the scratches and swirls. The driver door looked like a spider web etched on the door. Even the detailer was pleasantly surprised on how well all the scratches came out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good, what coating was used?
I believe the detailer used Gtechinq ceramic. He said it was a 5 year product but he sells it as 3 years of protection. His comment was “exceed customer expectations” which is a very good marketing plan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you have any paint correction done?
These are the steps the detailer took. The single stage polish was the most significant step in removing scratches and swirls.

• Hand wash and towel dry
  • Iron removal
  • Clay Decontamination
  • Single stage polish
  • Paint Prep
  • Ceramic Coating applied to all painted surfaces

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should have posted this picture with my first post because it is a perfect example of “before and after” polishing and coating. In bright sunlight the scratches and swirls jump out.

Obviously, the left side is “before” the right is “after”.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put a picture of my recently ceramic coated 2018 black Macan in the picture section of the forum, but wanted to shown an example of “before and after” polishing and coating. It’s an amazing transition.

The left side “before”, the right “after”
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Light

And the finished product.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
yup same here with my volcano gray. (although my before wasnt as bad as yours) glad I took the leap to try out polishing. will be a once a year thing for me going forward

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup same here with my volcano gray. (although my before wasnt as bad as yours) glad I took the leap to try out polishing. will be a once a year thing for me going forward
Do the ceramic and you won’t have to polish or wax every year. With proper washing the ceramic can last 3 years, maybe more. How you wash is the key.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
These are the steps the detailer took. The single stage polish was the most significant step in removing scratches and swirls.

• Hand wash and towel dry
  • Iron removal
  • Clay Decontamination
  • Single stage polish
  • Paint Prep
  • Ceramic Coating applied to all painted surfaces
Thanks for the details.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do the ceramic and you won’t have to polish every year. With proper washing the ceramic can last 3 years, maybe more. How you wash is the key.
i have the ceramic. its not bullet proof though (although they make it out to be) its good for keep contaminants and debris off the car...as well as water beading (to prevent water spots) but light surface scrathes are gonna happen even with cermaic

I also foam cannon/two bucket method hand wash, blower dry, then drying towel (with drying aid) so i should be good lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have the ceramic. its not bullet proof though (although they make it out to be) its good for keep contaminants and debris off the car...as well as water beading (to prevent water spots) but light surface scrathes are gonna happen even with cermaic

I also foam cannon/two bucket method hand wash, blower dry, then drying towel (with drying aid) so i should be good lol
Yes, fully aware the it does scratch but proper washing techniques like you use will minimize them…..I hope

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
175 Posts
Okay, I'm convinced. Booked an appointment for next week. Paint correction, ceramic coating on body, all windows including windshield, sunroof and wheels for $1300 CDN. Brand is Ceramic Pro

Questions:
1) Will getting it on the windshield cause any glare problems?
2) Marketing materials claim use of wipers will be reduced, any truth to that? Does the water really bead up that much?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
Ordered Macan S PNUE2GE8
21 Posts
Okay, I'm convinced. Booked an appointment for next week. Paint correction, ceramic coating on body, all windows including windshield, sunroof and wheels for $1300 CDN. Brand is Ceramic Pro

Questions:
2) Marketing materials claim use of wipers will be reduced, any truth to that? Does the water really bead up that much?

Thanks for the info!
Had ceramic coating on my Sepang Blue SQ5 and never looked back. Macan is already booked in for next year at the detailers two weeks after the claimed delivery date. The use of wipers was reduced a bit as the water would bead off quite well. But I always like a clean screen and the wipers were generally set to auto so they just did their thing as required. Cleaning the car was a breeze, especially as I had the wheels done too.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Questions:

Thanks for the info!
Yes. The other day it was pouring while driving on the highway. I didn’t need the wipers (still used them but def wasn’t necessary) beading is outstanding

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Hood

1 - 20 of 42 Posts