Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it preowned with muffler delete, tired of it. Cold start is way too loud.
Question: Are the mufflers the same on the S, GTS and Turbo? I see a set for sale on eBay for $600. I think I'd rather put low mileage OEM mufflers on than aftermarket mufflers.
Comments and advice welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Bought it preowned with muffler delete, tired of it. Cold start is way too loud.
Question: Are the mufflers the same on the S, GTS and Turbo? I see a set for sale on eBay for $600. I think I'd rather put low mileage OEM mufflers on than aftermarket mufflers.
Comments and advice welcome!
The surest answer is ask which model they came off of and which generation car so you can match it up to yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The surest answer is ask which model they came off of and which generation car so you can match it up to yours.
Yep, I did. No response yet.
Found this at Sunset Porsche Parts (genuine):
95B-253-612-PY Fits my 2017 Turbo
MSRP: $1,237 on sale for $890

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
PSE is the same for S, GTS, and Turbo.

I believe non-PSE is slightly different for S and Turbo (I remember someone saying the S tips don't fit Turbo, and vice versa).

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yep, I did. No response yet.
Found this at Sunset Porsche Parts (genuine):
95B-253-612-PY Fits my 2017 Turbo
MSRP: $1,237 on sale for $890
If you go that route, just remember that's the right half of what you need. You would also need the left side, 95B-253-611-PY.

If those are the right parts for your car (I have no clue):
$300 for both on eBay.
"Porsche Macan Turbo 95B-253-612-PY, 95B-253-611-PY & Tail pipes, taken off my 2017 vehicle when I had added the PSE (Porsche Sports Exhaust) system"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go that route, just remember that's the right half of what you need. You would also need the left side, 95B-253-611-PY.

If those are the right parts for your car (I have no clue):
$300 for both on eBay.
"Porsche Macan Turbo 95B-253-612-PY, 95B-253-611-PY & Tail pipes, taken off my 2017 vehicle when I had added the PSE (Porsche Sports Exhaust) system"
Thanks! I hadn't see that listing.... Oh, whoa! "Shipping: $403.57 Standard Shipping"
May have to rethink this...

·
Registered
21 Posts
When you talk about the delete, exactly how loud/annoying is it with the delete? I’m looking for opinions because I’ve been hearing all good things. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you talk about the delete, exactly how loud/annoying is it with the delete? I’m looking for opinions because I’ve been hearing all good things. Thanks!
Interesting question. It's a very subjective topic.
I'm old, 64. I loved "hot rods" and muscle cars from when I was a little kid. I remember that it was over the top to have "straight pipes". No mufflers, only exhaust pipes, past the rear end (differential). Everyone at least had fiberglass packed mufflers (glass paks), maybe even touched with a torch to burn them in prematurely. But no straight pipes and certainly no open headers on a street car. Out of the question. A ticket from the cops for sure ("excessive noise" to go along with your citation for "exhibition of speed")
When I was considering this Macan, the sales guy brought it around to the front door for me to drive, left it parked and idling. He said sheepishly "The prior owner modified the exhaust". I said ok, knowing from the Planet 9 forum that it's a very common thing for Porsche owners to do. (I owned a Cayman S before this Macan) I didn't think it was too loud but it was pretty loud. I'd never heard of "muffler delete", I actually was enlightened about this on Macan Forum. When I had the car inspected at the Porsche dealer and they told me the mufflers had been removed, I was quite surprised. I even assumed that he meant the resonator mufflers were removed, not the real mufflers. Then I found out there are only one pair of mufflers on this model. And mine had been cut off with pipes welded in their place. The guy did a good job on it. But it's too loud for me. The Macan cabin is pretty quiet, it's not bad with the windows up and cruising speeds are fine, not too loud. Cold start in the garage with the garage door open and the windows down, it's too loud. My wife tells me she can hear me from inside the house with the doors and windows closed, all the way down the block. It did knock off a couple of thousand dollars on the price I paid for the car, I made an issue of it with the dealer.
It's subjective. I will say this: If you own a big Harley with straight pipes and you enjoy blasting through the neighborhood where everybody can hear you and hate you within a 3+ block radius, then muffler delete is definitely for you!

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan S, EVOMS DV’s,Pedal Commander, Niche CP, Remus exhaust, Flat 6 air intake
194 Posts
Get a Remus exhaust. Love mine. I currently have my midpipes and exhaust collecting dust in my attic. 2015 Macan S, non-PSE

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting question. It's a very subjective topic.
I'm old, 64. I loved "hot rods" and muscle cars from when I was a little kid. I remember that it was over the top to have "straight pipes". No mufflers, only exhaust pipes, past the rear end (differential). Everyone at least had fiberglass packed mufflers (glass paks), maybe even touched with a torch to burn them in prematurely. But no straight pipes and certainly no open headers on a street car. Out of the question. A ticket from the cops for sure ("excessive noise" to go along with your citation for "exhibition of speed")
When I was considering this Macan, the sales guy brought it around to the front door for me to drive, left it parked and idling. He said sheepishly "The prior owner modified the exhaust". I said ok, knowing from the Planet 9 forum that it's a very common thing for Porsche owners to do. (I owned a Cayman S before this Macan) I didn't think it was too loud but it was pretty loud. I'd never heard of "muffler delete", I actually was enlightened about this on Macan Forum. When I had the car inspected at the Porsche dealer and they told me the mufflers had been removed, I was quite surprised. I even assumed that he meant the resonator mufflers were removed, not the real mufflers. Then I found out there are only one pair of mufflers on this model. And mine had been cut off with pipes welded in their place. The guy did a good job on it. But it's too loud for me. The Macan cabin is pretty quiet, it's not bad with the windows up and cruising speeds are fine, not too loud. Cold start in the garage with the garage door open and the windows down, it's too loud. My wife tells me she can hear me from inside the house with the doors and windows closed, all the way down the block. It did knock off a couple of thousand dollars on the price I paid for the car, I made an issue of it with the dealer.
It's subjective. I will say this: If you own a big Harley with straight pipes and you enjoy blasting through the neighborhood where everybody can hear you and hate you within a 3+ block radius, then muffler delete is definitely for you!
So well written! Thank you for being so descriptive and taking the time to write that all out! I have a straight piped hellcat Challenger (other than the front cats) and loud is my thing. I didn’t realize it had only one set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts