Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the car this morning and my PCM is completely black. Nothing on the screen and no audio. Any have any experience in this? I search the Google and the Forum but not finding anything.

Thanks
Thom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cycle the key/cycle power? Check the fuse?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I did drive it for 15 minutes, parked it for 30 and then drove another 15. I’ll see if I can find fuse for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Actually there of been more than a few failures with the PCM’s Porsche started using in model year 2017. We have had two fail, but they were quickly replaced by the dealer as they seem to be keeping replacements in stock because of all the failures. Thankfully we are under warranty as they told us the cost for a replacement is more than $4000 with labor.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have had similar problems (twice). Fixed under warranty. Mine showed up more frequently as surround view not working.

A dumb question - have you tried pushing the volume button? This (embarrassingly) fixed the blank screen for me a couple of times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RJE... LOL yeah.
So I pulled the fuse in the E row, back of car. Jumped back in car and it worked again. Fuse was not blown. Mine is out of warranty so 4K to fix it?!?!? ****... Hopefully a single Porsche Electronic Fluke. If not time for a new car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious, not that it has died once that it may do it again. I see Suncoast sells a double din but I don't see anyone selling modules to get steering wheel controls and the Porsche menus. Has anyone done this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts