Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
84 Posts
19" should be better in snow, but on the other hand, a second set of 20" would mean could stash one in the trunk to use as a spare in the off season in the event of a flat. I am currently driving on run-flat tires, so not looking forward to the prospect of a roadside tire change, but need to consider.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
@wwhal, can I ask why you chose 20" for your winter set vs. 19"? I believe you're out west, so not sure how snowy/mountainous the conditions are you are driving in. I have yet to receive my 2020 GTS, but already thinking about what to do about second set for winter.
I found a set of 20" spyder wheels that look the same as my oem 20 " spyder wheels. Insurance in having back ups was part of the decision. The other is I travel from Seattle to Sun Valley a lot. Most of the road is dry. The 20" handle better for dry conditions. Same for the run to Crystal Mountain. The snowy part of that run is the last 15 miles of the trip (if I am lucky). Don't forget to add mud flaps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has any one tried different brand tires besides Pirelli or Michelin and are they as noisy as the Pirellis.
I need to buy new tires, Pirellis are really loud at 25K miles noise started at 15K and just getting louder.
I have the same Pirelli tires on my Audi Q5 with 36K mile they are great quit like new.
Pease help if you have any advise I am willing to listen I just can't stand the noise anymore.
It is the Pirellis. They are soft and the feathering causes the noise. You can switch the tires to the other side to reduce the noise.
Michelin’s are the quietest (and most expensive).

·
Registered
256 Posts
We have 24,000k on our 20" Scorpion Verde A/S's, and are getting a lot of noticeable road noise on them. I'd say we might get 3-4k more out of them at most. Not sure what we are going to go with yet, but I have had good luck with Continental DWS-06 for my AWD Audi's, so might look at them,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Verdes were aok except for NOISE. Replaced (even wear, 6/32 F&R) with PZero all seasons plus in oem 20” size and am favorably impressed albeit at 2k miles on them.
I see these tires on tirerack and they look like the best option they have for an AS tire (20's) with excellent reviews just hesitant to pull the trigger due to the lack of N rating.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I see this tires on tirerack and they look like the best option they have for an AS tire (20's) with excellent reviews just hesitant to pull the trigger due to the lack of N rating.
Not an issue methinks unless lease return. I see a Gen II Verde out now too (don’t know if N1) but gotta say I am happy with the Scorpion Zero AS.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My GTS should be here in two weeks so we'll see what all season tires it's wearing. We've already had 8 inches of snow and the temp as I type this is 24 degrees. I'm still thinking about getting a separate set of wheels and winter tires.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts